Thursday, January 31, 2019

Thankful Thursday

Happy freezing Thursday!!!

I am joining in with Rebecca Jo for her Thankful Thursday...


Today I am thankful that I still have a job and that that job allows me to work from home. We are having below freezing temperatures here in Pittsburgh so if I can stay in my home in flannels and work; I am a very happy girl!!!

Also, I am very thankful that I found THIS wonderful and EASY recipe for chicken tortilla soup on The Seasoned Mom!!



It is soo yummy and was really easy with my crock pot!! I threw everything in the crock pot (including frozen chicken) and four hours later; I have soup!!  The hardest part was chopping the onion. HA!  It is low in calories and I will be eating it for every meal during this winter freeze out!! HA!



I am thankful that although it is freezing; the sun is shining! The sun makes all the difference!  Here is our single digit weather today...the funny part is we go from 5 degrees to 50 degrees in two days! Crazy weather!!!

Speaking of crazy weather...I do not talk politics on my blog EVERY ....but I saw this tweet and I am AMAZED that this is my president saying something so STUPID!!! I was so angry when I read this...


Will someone PLEASE explain global warming to this man?!??!?! He makes himself sound SOOOO STUPID on a regular basis...UGH!

Happy Thursday everyone!!! I love you all tons...stay WARM!!! Hugs


UGH UGH UGH!



21 comments:

  1. Oh wow that is frightening!! It's cold here too but you guys are in the colder part of PA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trick is to stay home - HA! Have a great day Heather!

      Delete
  2. He does that because he is stupid. The world laughs at us.
    That is grade 8 science.
    But in other news - That recipe is divine. I think I am going to try this tonight or tomorrow. It's gluten free (corn tortillas) so it's a winner! I love crock pot anything and rotisserie chicken makes life sweet. How did we live without rotisserie chicken Ann? I too am in fleece and flannel. Still cold though, but the winds have died down here, hope for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait to hear what you think of the recipe Margaret! I love it so much! He really is an ass! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. HAHA - I heard about that tweet on the Daily Show & I just had to laugh. He just has no cares of how he looks, does he?
    I'm so jealous of working from home. SO NICE!!!! ESPECIALLY in these temps. I have to walk from the parking garage & in this cold, its BRUTAL. A coworker actually wore her thick flannel sleeping pants over her dress pants to walk in :) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is brutal cold - hopefully that warm up happens this weekend like they are saying...UGH...ready for Spring!?!? Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Yep we're getting the same crazy weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we will all warm up soon!!! Fingers crossed! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. I'm so grateful to work from home too! And I'll definitely be testing that recipe, thanks for sharing!
    Trump's tweets - geez. I swear, he's trying to provoke, but that's ridiculous.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt it is to provoke - but why? UGH! Have a great night Abby!

      Delete
  6. Ooooh! Your chicken tortilla soup does look yummy! That is something to be thankful for in this cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is...made everything about the freezing cold a tiny bit better! Have a great day!

      Delete
  7. Hate to say this, but you can't explain anything to President Trump which is sad Your soup looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't get me started on politics...

    Your soup sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was -5 here this morning. How'd you get to be above 0? LOL You get to work from home? Nice! I'm jealous. And that soup looks delish. I'm off tomorrow...might be a good day to try some soup. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think! I love it so much and it is so healthy!

      Delete
  10. Why is everything not closed, seems so dangerous to be outside! I'd die lol. I have made that soup or a similar one before yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ask myself that question everyday in the winter Julie! If I had my wish - I would hunker down all winter like a bear! I hate winter and everything about it!

      Delete
  11. Hi Ann,
    We are going to have cold temps all next week, we all are surprised, because usually the end of February we start to thaw out LOL .. not this winter.
    Take Care Ann, Love Carla

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...