Monday, January 7, 2019

New Years Eve 2018 Recap

Happy Monday!!!!! I know I am a week late with this post but it contains a lot of pictures and explainations!! HA!

I hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Years Eve and New Years Day!!!

Here's hoping 2019 is a great year for all us!!!!

Here is a recap of my New Years Eve shenanigans! Just about every year I head to Columbus, Ohio to spend New Years Eve with my sister and nieces and nephews! This year my parents decided to come along too!

Even though I was not going out; I got inspired by these nails on pinterest and decided to recreate them!


Here's my version! I loved how they turned out!!!

Here are my little nieces and nephews (except Kyleigh)!!!

What my sister does every year is come up with a craft or event for every hour. It helps keep the kids awake until midnight since they cannot wait for the next event! She writes the events on paper and puts them in balloons. Then writes the time on each balloon. Every hour a different kid pops the balloon for the hour and we do the craft or event.

Here is the first craft! Making fireworks painting with used toilet paper rolls, paint and glitter!

Here are their finished works of art drying in the garage...

Next balloon....make your own pizza! The kids each get a crust and they put whatever toppings they want on their pizza. My oldest niece wanted a calzone so we added that this year too! Yummy!

Another shot of make your own pizza...

Games happened when there was a lull in the fun - we did not account for the time to bake the pizzas - HA!

Another balloon event was "List your favorite things you did from 2018" and "Bucket list for 2019". I have to say; we are definitely making memories when "Time spent at the lake" was on everyone's favorite list!

The next balloon was make you won bracelet or necklace! I got stretchy clear string and letter beads and the kids made up all kinds of different bracelets. The boys did a lot of "go Steelers" and "go pens" and the girls did "kindness matters", etc. and their names.

Next balloon was dessert time!!! We had about six different things to choose from this year! YUMMY!!! My niece Aly loves to cook and she made delicious hot cocoa cupcakes - they were my favorite!!!

Next balloon was candle making! Each kid got a jar and wick and we melted soy chips for each of their candles. They got to choose their scent!!

Close up of the oils for the scents!

Next balloon was a photo booth!!!! The kids had fun with this and I think Poppy liked it too as you will see in the next few pictures - HA!

Too funny....the girls staged this but how funny!!! That's my dad!

More serious one with my Mom, Dad and the kids!

Another...

Soooo cute...

My little sister and her hubby...

My sister in law and the kids...HA!

The next balloon was the game Telestrations, the New Years good luck pretzel and the non-alcoholic sparkling wine. Here is the game...

After I gave the kids their non-alcoholic wine, I finished the bottle - HA!!

The kids doing "Cheers to 2018 and bring on 2019"...

Here is the adults room and their "Cheers" - they have the real thing!!! HA!!

And finally it was the 11:55PM Balloon! It is always the same thing!!!! Everyone gets a pot or pan and a wooden spoon to bang on the front porch and silly string to spray outside once midnight hits!!!! The kids did great this year and made it midnight with no problem - the adults, on the other hand, struggled but we made it! HA!

New years day was spent running to a few stores with the girls and the boys stayed home and worked on my brothers Pergo floor (My project inspired him to do it himself) and watched football!

We stopped at Starbucks to fill my mug that my oldest sister gave me for Christmas! It is a free refill mug! You get free coffee or tea refills the entire month of January!!! The barista wanted to be in the picture too! She was adorable!

Then off to the mall to spend the girls gift cards and check out the sales!!! How cute, hugh?!?! They grow up too fast!

I love my sweet little nieces and all my sweet little nephews!!! Family is everything!!

Happy 2019 to you all!

I wish you all luck, love and happiness the entire year!!

How was your New Years? Did you stay in or go out? What traditions do you have, if any?

 


13 comments:

  1. Looked like fun. I like your sisters balloon idea. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she borrowed it from Pinterest! She is very crafty and Pinterest is her "source"! It was a great time Margaret! I hope your was fun or restful - whatever you were going for! HA!

      Delete
  2. That's it ... I want to come spend next New Years with you and the kids! Those are brilliant ideas, for sure. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely welcome! My parents joined in this year...they thought it looked fun and Mom had a slight headache and was ready to leave at midnight :-) The kids get a little rowdy but it definitely keeps them engaged and having fun until midnight!

      Delete
  3. Wow, your family does it up for New Years. This blog post is like a big pinterest board! Nicely done!
    Husband and I were slugs on the couch. When our kids were younger, before they started going out with friends for New Years, we would play games until late, then we'd all go out and run a "midnight mile". Kids are older, husband's knees don't run anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Abby!!! You and the hubby could "walk a midnight mile"! HA! I bet the kids remember and that is what is so important...New Years Eve fun without being trashed - HA! Being a slug would definitely be my second choice though - to be real!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, what fun!! Those kids will have great memories to cherish for the rest of their lives. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure hope so Terri!!! That is what it is all about! I really hope they cherish the time spent as a family! My sisters and brother try really hard to make sure we are all close with their children!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Definitely a great time! Who needs a man when I have this family, right?!?! HA!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a wonderful New Year's and you got a new follower on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea to me! Thanks for following! I will do my best to keep it exciting there - HA! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh that's the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...