Thursday, January 3, 2019

Steelers Win But No Playoffs

My sister invited me to the final Steelers game at Heinz Field. The game was scheduled for Sunday, December 30th at 4:25PM.

It was the last of the regular season and we were hoping to get into the playoffs this year!

Here we are with my parents and my brother in law. We met up with him and my nephew to eat lunch before the game (he used his mother's tickets for this game)!

Here are my parents, my sister and myself at our seats during warmup!

It was a close and exciting game so I have no pictures during the game. A couple things needed to happen for the Steelers to move on to the playoffs. We needed to win our game...AND WE DID!!! It was sooo close but we did win!!!! Then the Browns had to beat the Patriots...that also was a very close game...after we won the fans stayed in the stadium and they started broadcasting the last three minutes of the Browns/Patriots game on the big screens in Heinz Field. The Browns could have won but sadly it came down to the last minute and they lost!!! This is some Steelers players that stayed on the field to watch the Browns game too!!!!

See JuJu Smith-Schuster???

Again, he's #19...kneeling in this one...
 Sadly, the Browns did not win so our Steeler season is over until next year!

Thanks to my sister for taking me to soooo many games this year! It was sooo fun!

16 comments:

  1. Well I bet that was still fun watching to see if they'd make it in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie - I cannot even explain the excitement!!!! The entire stadium stayed to watch the game...the whole place was electric!! It was an awesome game!!! There is nothing like being there in person!!! I loved every second!!!

      Delete
  2. Now that is a bummer!

    One of my good friends, ( quiet shy type, 5'2", glasses and sweet) is so hardcore Steelers that sometimes it kind of shocks me. She knows football better than most men. Talks to guys about injuries and other stuff that I block out regularly. Usually dresses in kind of frilly feminine stuff until football comes and she dons her jersey and pulls her hair back. I love this about her

    Glad you had some good family time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sounds like my kind of woman!! Steelers fan tend to be "all the way"!!! It is how we roll! HA~ Have a great week Linda!

      Delete
  3. Mind you, this was decades ago … but I still recall the energy and excitement of attending Cowboys games. We took my mom one year; oh, she had to have been in her 70's already. So cute when she turned to me and confided, "I had no idea they were so loud." (Talking about the players clashing helmets.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like being at a game in person...I completely agree...no matter what team you are supporting!!

      Delete
  4. I am sorry for your Steelers but here in our house we are thrilled that the Eagles won and are moving on. Whew!! It is so fun that your family has tickets to the games and gets together like you do. A real blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your Eagles!!! They are really doing awesome this year!!!

      Delete
  5. There's nothing like watching the game at the stadium! My uncle used to take me all the time when I was a teenager and I've managed to go a few more times over the years. Too bad the Browns didn't do their part to help us out. Next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Stacy- we came so close though!!! Go Steelers next year!!! HA!

      Delete
  6. I know Steeler fans are pretty zealous, so it's probably a down time in your neck of the woods after coming so close. Our Broncos had another dud season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are - sorry about your team too Abby!! Maybe next year for both of us.

      Delete
  7. Sorry that they didn't get into the playoffs. The favorite team-The 49ers are picking second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well congrats on 49ers!!! It was a fitting end to our season - we definitely struggled on and off the field this year!

      Delete
  8. We just have soccer here in Finland :D And now it's hockey season...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have hockey here also!! That's another personal favorite of mine!!!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...