Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Jackson's Mill Weekend - Winter 2019

Hi guys!!!! Hope everyone is having a better week than me - HA!!!!

Last weekend I went away with a really good friend of mine. We spent the weekend at Jackson's Mill which is a 4H camp! We do this three times a year for a conference! It usually involves meeting up with another 300ish people for the weekend!!!  It is always an amazing weekend!

We got there on Friday and checked into our room at the beautiful Jackson's Lodge - 306!! We have had this room for the last few years every time - it is pretty awesome!
 

We ate lunch in the mess hall with the others and then went out for a day of shopping!  He stop at this place every time we go down! They have really cute country decor for sale and a lot of ceramic Bigfoots!!! HA! There are apparently Bigfoot sightings in the area...we have hiked all over and have not had the pleasure of meeting one yet...except this cute guy!!!! (My friend, Laura, is on the left side of the picture and I am on the right.)

I gave him a little kiss....best kiss I have head in a LONG time!!! HA!  This is also my new profile picture!

We spent the rest of the weekend listening to recovery speakers and recharging our spirituality! Also eating a lot!!!! When you go to Jacksin's Mill conference, the lodging and meals are included for the weekend. We eat sooo much everyday!!!! The food is family style for every meal.

Here is the food schedule...
Friday:
lunch - chicken salad or ham salad, vegetable soup, salad and fruit
dinner - fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, corn, and coleslaw
Saturday:
breakfast - sausage gravy and biscuits, sausage, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, and fruit
lunch - lasagna, garlic bread, mixed veggie, and salad
dinner - roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and salad
Sunday:
breakfast - sausage gravy and biscuits, bacon, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, and fruit

Like I said - we eat a lot!!! HA!!! Next time (in the Spring) I will take pictures of the food...it is crazy.  The speakers were great and I love getting there to see all my friends!!! I was on cloud nine! It was such a great weekend!

Snow started on Saturday night and Laura was resting (she was not feeling well) so I took a long walk and captured these beautiful images...The mill is out in the middle of nowhere and it is so quiet, peaceful and serene!

Beautiful campus!!!

A view of the Mill from across the fields...

All over the Mill are quiet reflection spots...in the summer and spring it is great to just sit here and write in a journal!

Snowing...

The entrance to Jackson's Mill and our Lodge in the background..

Another beautiful sitting area for quiet reflection...

The theme for the weekend was...
After this wonderful weekend of recharging...I was notified at work on Tuesday January 16, 2019 that the campus where I work is closing. We may or may not be offered jobs elsewhere. My company is evaluating all of our positions and will, over the next few months, notify us if was will be offered relocation or be let go. My company, Bayer, bought a company that is much larger, Monsanto. We kind of knew it would be the "worm eating the fish" but no one seemed to care. I love Bayer and I love the ethics and integrity the company was founded on...I just hope they keep those things in tact as we move forward with the integration of both companies.

Talk about a Let Go and Let God situation!!! I am so happy that I have recovery and I know without a doubt that God has my back! Whatever is meant to be, will be. I will continue to give 100% to my work and when the time comes, make a decision. Until then, I refuse to lose serenity or sleep over things that i have not control over.

Your prayers are welcome but I know God has a plan and if I do the footwork...I will end up exactly where I am supposed to be! 

Hugs to you all! Thanks for all begin there to listen!!! 

Anyone else ever been through a site shutdown? What are your feelings on GMO foods? How do you recharge when you are running low on serenity or patience?


12 comments:

  1. Well, seems like your "Let Go, Let God" conference was just in time! I had not heard that Bayer merged with Monsanto, showing how out of the loop I am in the business world, because that seems pretty big.
    Naturally, I hope it all works out for you and know you must have valuable skills! Hoping for a silver lining here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Abby - me too! No doubt I will end up where I am supposed to. Thanks for caring! The conference came at the perfect time! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is a great getaway and it is very reasonable cost wise...such a great time! Have a fantastic week!!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great place to be! So sucks about work :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does Julie! But...we have seen it coming for a few years now...it's just tough when you get the notification in real life! HA!

      Delete
  4. What a fun weekend with a great friend! Love the bigfoot pic haha too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great weekend of recharging!!! There is nothing better than a close friend that you can share everything with!!!! Hugs - have a great week Jessi!

      Delete
  5. It sounds like it was a perfect weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food does sound fantastic. You have a great attitude and I hope everything works out on the job front for you without causing too much stress. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no feelings about GMO foods. Not something I have ever been concerned about. When I need to recharge, I confess that I go to comfort food first. I have never been in a downsizing situation but you do indeed have the right attitude!! Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...