Monday, January 21, 2019

Random Monday

Good morning friends and Happy Monday!

I hope you are all headed into Monday safe and warm after that weekend long weather storm!!

Here in Pittsburgh we had a lot of rain through Saturday night and then finally snow for a few hours into Sunday. We only got about two inches total where I live so I think the storm passed us by. I don't mind snow as much when it is the weekend and I have no where to go...HA!

Today I will show you some random pictures from the weekend...

I was invited to a really fun fundraising event Saturday night...it was in support of Passion Poms (the old Modernettes) corps. My friend that was supposed to go along was scared off by the "snow" so I went alone.


The picture below is Tracie and myself (She is on the left)..she is the organizer of the event. I did not win any races or gift baskets but it was still such a fun night!!


I think my lucky streak is definitely over for now...HA!

I am getting serious on my diet finally! This was breakfast all weekend and again today!!! YUM!!! Two fried eggs, spinach and baby kale on a sandwich thin. I also spread a wedge of laughing cow on the bread and it was so good!!!



I was routing for the Chiefs last night for the big gane ...I am from Pittsburgh and we do not like the Patriots...

Also...I lived in Kansas City for a few months last year for work and worked in Shawnee. Many of the employees there are avid Chiefs fans so I decided to sport my "Kansas City so in love shirt" for the big game last night...sadly, my team lost 21 to 27 but I tried!!




Oh, and, how could I almost forget this!!!!???? My sister called and wanted to have a girls trip for my nieces spring breaks...so we have scheduled flights to Aruba in April!!! Yippee...I cannot wait to go back!!!  This trip will only be 6 days but I can not wait to get back!!!!
 


I hope everyone has a fantastic and productive week ahead! Happy Monday ya'll!

Oh, and PS - not that he reads my blog...but Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law Dan!!!! Have a great day!

Did you do anything fun this weekend? Did you leave your house? Do you scheduled vacation in the winter? Where are you headed this year? How much snow/rain did you get?


26 comments:

  1. I was routing for KC too and share your dislike of the Pats!! I love Aruba! How fun to have something like that to look forward to during these frigid days! Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather!!! Glad to see we have that much in common!!! You keep warm also...hope you were also spared by the winter storm!! Have a great night!

      Delete
  2. Hunkered down and cold here. waiting for hubby to arrive. Bitter winds so hoping his canoes are tied down well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay warm and stay inside!!! Have some tea or hot cocoa!! So not thrilled that winter has truly arrived now! HA! Hope your canoe is secure...have a safe and warm week!!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was...and the best part was that the snow went somewhere other than Pittsburgh...yippee...how many days until Spring?!!? Have a great week!!!

      Delete
  4. Back to Aruba! You should just buy you a little vacation hut down there ;)
    Weekend cleared up for us weather-wise. We took our youngest back to school and helped our middle son get a new-to-him car. Productive? I was rooting for the Chiefs too. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Congrats on getting one to school and the purchase of the "new" car!! What a fun weekend for you guys!! I remember my first car like it was yesterday...what great memories! I WISH i could get a hut down there Abby!!! I truly would!!! Maybe I will start hunting while I am down there in April!!! Hugs...have a great night!

      Delete
  5. I was rooting for KC too (anybody but the Pats!). Aruba sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Tamar!!! It seems like the sentiment for most is "anyone but the patriots"..HA! There is always hope that the Rams will get the in the super bowl!! Have a great week!!!

      Delete
  6. Aruba sounds so wonderful! And it's something to look forward to during the winter days. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya for coming by and for hosting!! Have a fantastic week!! Hugs

      Delete
  7. Only 6 days, you're a riot lol.

    I need to get some laughing cow I forgot about those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry...I know Julie. I am getting spoiled! HA! I love the laughing cow on the breakfast sandwich - it's really good!! Congrats on being on track with your eating...I'm following on Insta and it is inspiring!

      Delete
  8. Ooh! How fun to plan such a fabulous trip! I need to get some more laughing cow cheeses; I love the taste of the cheese for 1/2 the calories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too on the laughing cow! I actually buy the Aldi's brand a lot too!! They are only 25 calories (instead of 35) and they taste exactly the same!!

      Delete
  9. I posted my weekend recap on my blog. It was a bit busy but not as fun as yours! Aruba again!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am off to read and catch up now!!! Have a great week!

      Delete
  10. Nope, nothing fun over the weekend for me. I worked all weekend. I was rooting for the Saints yesterday (they got robbed) and definitely for KC. Good thing I didn't bet on the games!
    Another trip to Aruba?! Hooray for something to look forward to during these winter months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hooray...it is far too cold in PA as you know! HA! I am thankful the snow passed us by but this negative 5 I could do without! Good for you for hunkering down over the frigid weekend! Have a great week Stacy!!!

      Delete
  11. I have a friend who is a die hard Chiefs fan & he is just devastated over the loss :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt - it was a great game!! I honestly thought they were going to win!!! UGH! Have a super day Rebecca Jo!

      Delete
  12. Glad you went to the fundraiser. Your breakfast sounds delicious. We were cheering for the Chiefs also. OMG, how awesome to be going back to Aruba!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I went too Debbie… It was a good time even though I didn't win anything. Like I said… My winning streak is over! Ha ha! I guess I am blessed that I even had one though right? Ha! Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...