Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Christmas Recap!!

Oh  - how I missed my little blog!!! It was a great break but I really missed blogging!!! I took a break after vacation since I did not have to work to just enjoy life with no responsibilities!! HA!

I also wanted to make sure I spent my holiday break with my family, as much as possible, so I figured once the new year started I would catch you all up (and catch up on all of your blogs also!!)!

I hope everyone enjoyed their break as much as I did!!! My family is terrific and we made some serious memories this holiday season!

Here are some Christmas 2018 memories...

I spent lots of time with my nieces and nephews!!! I did the polar plunge into the lake with my nephews (boy bonding time) and I braided a lot of hair for my nieces (girl bonding). Since I am not showing you the polar plunge video (too much holiday food for a swimsuit picture - ha!) here is the braiding example - HA! This is called a waterfall braid and the tutorial can be found HERE. The girls LOVE this braid!


We spent a lot of time talking and laughing and playing board games together!!!

This is my sister-in-law and my nephew!

My little brother and my niece...

A niece and nephew...

All eight of the cousins (my nieces and nephews) together for a photo in front of Memaw and Poppy's Christmas tree!!!

And, of course, a goofy one!!!

Here is everyone sitting around chatting after Christmas dinner...the adults table that is!!!

The girls love to do face masks so we threw that into the mix!!! HA!

The emogi face masks are hilarious! I got them at TJ Maxx! The kids kept saying they looked Russian...not sure where that came from - HA!

We played a game where you have to hold a candy cane in your mouth and see how many others you can hook and move to a plate! That was a serious competition! I have VERY competitive nieces and nephews!!!

A local businessman in my parents area makes and sells beautiful metal flowers and bugs to decorate yards. His business is called Pottsy LLC! We love his art and for the holidays he hid a bud everyday for someone to find and keep! We took the kids in the car to follow the clues and look for one...they had a blast even though we did not find the bug (we found out later that we were no where close - ha!)

After the holidays, I returned home to my condo! I had been gone for over ten days and it was do nice to see that my babies definitely missed me! The cats followed me all over the house for days and this guy (Nermal) is still sleeping with me every night as close as he can get!!!! HA! What a sweet boy!

Lastly, but definitely not least, I can finally let the cat out of the bag!!!! When I was in Hawaii visiting my friend back in September; I learned she was newly pregnant. She asked me not to say anything since they wanted to wait until they were further along! On Christmas they posted this picture!!!! YEA Mariela and Alex and Duke! I am so happy for them - she has wanted this for so long! She is such an amazing person and I have NO DOUBT that she will be a terrific mom!!!!Congrats to them!!

Yippee Mariela!!!!! I am over the moon happy for them!

I hope each and every one of you had an amazing holiday break!! I cannot wait to go read about them all!!!

If anyone knows of a good blogging app for the iPad please share with me! I have tried two that I paid for and neither really works well at all!




27 comments:

  1. You sound like the kind of aunt everyone would love to have! These photos are so great! I've missed your chatty posts, but appreciate how you prioritized your family time. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - how sweet that I was actually missed! I have definitely missed reading everyone else's posts and plan to catch up over the next few days!!! My nieces and nephews are everything to me!!! Thanks for making me feel so happy! HUGS

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year!!
    Brave woman to take a polar plunge in a lake.
    I just couldn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you could! HA! You are just a much smarter woman than I am! They are little so we only ran in to our waists....the video is NOT PRETTY! HA HA!!!

      Delete
  3. Love your family time. That candy cane game looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun game! My sister comes up with most of the ideas - she finds a lot of fun stuff on Pinterest!! She also had some awesome ideas on New Years! Hugs

      Delete
  4. Love your big family gatherings! I'm glad you had such a nice break, but I'm happy for your cats now :)
    Congrats to your friend on her baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby!! It really is so nice when we are all able to get together!! And yes, the kitties are very happy now! LOL! Happy New Year!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. New Year is the perfect occasion to celebrate love, friendships and all the good things in life. Let’s take the time to appreciate what this year has given us and what the new one is about to bring! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in complete agreement! Beautifully stated! Happy New Year to you as well!!!

      Delete
  6. Happy new year!! I loved seeing the pictures of your nieces and nephews! SO great that you can all be together for holidays! Blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely blessed Terri!!!! As were you this year!!!! Here's hoping for a healthy and happy new year for your entire family also!!! Hugs

      Delete
  7. Looks like you had a great time. thanks for sharing all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and stopping Wendy!! I am definitely the crazy aunt that sticks the camera in everyone's faces! HA! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  8. Welcome back! It looks like you had an amazing Christmas with your family. I miss having those big family get togethers, but ours was good just the same. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad your holiday was good also!!!! Any time with family is so important...even if there is two!!!! Love that bonding time!! Happy New Year to your entire family!!!!

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I am finally starting to feel better.... Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are feeling better!!! Happy and Healthy New Year to you!!!!

      Delete
  10. I have always wanted to attempt a polar plunge. Was it brutal?
    Sounds like a great time with family.
    Happy New Year of Blogging!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lisa, it was crazy cold! I did the "real thing" in Pittsburgh one year where you had to run the whole way in the Monongahela River and go under and it was a blast - but everything on your body slows down...ha! This year we only ran into our waists since the boys are younger and their parents had reservations! HA! Happy New Year to you as well!!!

      Delete
  11. That sounds like a wonderful holiday! I am impressed you took the Polar Bear plunge; I don't even like to go into our lake in the summer! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I have to say...the bottom of the lake was EXCEPTIONALLY slimy when we were walking in...I definitely took note of that! We were going to jump off the dock but they drained too much of the lake it it was too shallow...lucky for me! HA!

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a great time with your niece's and nephew's. You are brave doing the polar plunge. Love the braids. The pictures are all wonderful. I like that candy cane game. Congratulations to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and following!!! Hugs!

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...