Thursday, January 17, 2019

Thankful Thursday


Today I am joining the adorable Rebecca Jo at Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday. If you want to join in (you should ...gratitude will make the whole day better) please visit her and link up with others who are sharing today!

This week I am thankful for...

****A huge group of family and friends that care about me and love me! When everyone heard the news of my employment site shutdown; I was bombarded with calls and texts (and messages from bloggers) from family and friends worried about me! What a blessing they and YOU are!!! I have no doubt that I will be fine in end and it will be exactly where I am supposed to be.



****On that same note...Grateful that my company did not just say "we are closing; here are your pink slips". They are doing the site closure slowly, over a few months to give us time to find jobs if we don't want to relocate or are not offered a position at a new location.

****That winter has been calm so far! It's cold but I can deal with that.  I heard a lot in September and October that we were supposed to have a horrible winter with a ton of snow...so far, that has not been the case and I am so happy for that...now that I have typed this we will get pounded in Pittsburgh (sorry for jinxing us fellow Pitts-burgers!!) HA!


****Stealing from Stacy at My Cup is Full - A Million Little Things comes back tonight! And...on that note...I am so happy that new episodes are back from all my favorite shows!! I love Manifest, This is Us and just about every sitcoms there is (I need to find laughter in this crazy world!!)


 ****Very thankful that God has blessed me with a beautiful network of wonderful people, especially Rebecca Jo, that remind me everyday to find things to be thankful and grateful for!

I hope you all have a wonderful week and a huge list of things to be thankful for!!!! What is on your list this week? Anyone else obsessed with a new TV show? Have you jinxed anyone lately?!?!


29 comments:

  1. Loved reading the list of things you are grateful for. Just reading about others' gratitude is a big emotional boost. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie! This is why I am so happy that Rebecca Jo hosts this each week! I totally agree and it also forces me to focus on the positive rather than focusing on the negative!! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  2. I guess I know where we all will be at 9:00 tonight! Ha! A great list this week and I'm ignoring your jinx, because every single time they give a forecast of snow for Pittsburgh it's always followed by "with more in the eastern ridges." Guess who is in the eastern ridges? Have a great day, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH no Stacy!!! Well...here's hoping you have a lovely snow free evening filled with Million Little Things!! HA! Can't wait for tonight! Thanks for letting me steal your answer!!! :-)

      Delete
  3. A LOVEEEEE A million little things... I cant wait for it to come back on!!!!
    Doesnt it just make chaotic times feel more manageable when you're surrounded by support? That's just the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is the best Rebecca Jo!!! Stacy is also an avid watcher...can't wait to see what we all thought after tonight - I am SOOO hooked! I have loved Eddie (David Giuntoni) since he was on Grimm!

      Delete
  4. I'm happy to hear that you have a few months before they close. I'm happy to have my shows back too and I watch the same ones you listed! Thank you for stopping over and giving me your thoughts about getting a new doctor and how happy you are that you found someone you like. I see him again on the 11th of February and I will definitely make a decision soon. I've only seen him twice. Not sure if it is him or the office staff but he's going to hear from me on this. Have a great rest of the week and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby - I hope it gets easier for you! It was amazing the difference when I was forced to get a new doctor - I wished the old one had closed earlier now...I had NO IDEA what I was missing! I am not supposed to have any stress either - now I don't at all. Hugs!

      Delete
  5. You are blessed when you have friends - good luck getting a new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Carol! I appreciate the kind works so very much! Have a great night and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. So wonderful that you can find the silver lining, and even be thankful at a time when you find out you might be losing your job. I wish good things for you, and rest assured, everything will work out exactly as it is supposed to! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill!! I appreciate your kind words so much more than you know!!! I am well trained in "act as if" and everything works out! HA! Have a great night! Hugs! :-)

      Delete
  7. I am thankfully that I am almost back to normal health wise. Been a tough 2 weeks.
    One of my favorite show just came back - I'm Sorry. LOVE that show.
    Grace and Frankie begins season 5 tomorrow on Netflix and I don't have enough adjectives for how much I like that show!
    I too watch Manifest and a Million little things. I just hope they don't drag out this John stuff. I lose interest when they carry on about this for 2 years. Let me see what's in that note to Delilah and why she is losing the house. And that rat secretary :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! Tonight better reveal a lot...but if so, there will no doubt be even better twists thrown in! It is sooo great so far! I am so glad that you are on the up side of the mend..feeling crappy is horrible!!! Have a great evening Margaret!!!

      Delete
  8. Annster,It appears that I can comment on your blog, so will add you to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!!! Have a safe and fun weekend!

      Delete
  9. Love your outlook! Stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you too Abby!! Stay safe and have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  10. Hi Ann, I enjoyed reading about what you are thankful and I love the idea of Thankful Thursday. Have a Happy Friday.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie!! The idea belongs totally to Rebecca Jo...it is a great reminder every week for me though!! Have a great week!!!

      Delete
  11. What a great list of thank yous. Hope you find another job soon and I really appreciate the attitude you have about trusting you'll get what you're supposed to have. Sometimes it can be so hard to trust, but I know God is in control and it's all in His hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is all in his hands Cathy! Thanks for stopping by - I hope you have a fantastic week!!! Hugs

      Delete
  12. A wonderful list Ann! Enjoy the snow ;-) I want snow and we are not in the path of the storm. Boo Boo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you end up getting our snow...it took a different path and we hardly got nay snow!! Maybe you got mine! HA! Have a great week Carla!

      Delete
  13. Fingers crossed and prayers lifted for you and the job situation. You have posted a great list of thankfuls. It is always good to count our blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,just popping by to say thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog. So sorry to read about your work problems, I hope things improve for you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie! It will definitely all work out like it is supposed to! Thanks for returning the favor and coming by! Have a great week!

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...