Thursday, September 13, 2018

It's Almost Friday...

Good morning everyone!!! I hope everyone is having a great ALMOST FRIDAY!!!!



Today I am joining Rebecca Jo, at Knit By God's Hand, for Thankful Thursday HERE. Please link up and join us today!!!

Today I am thankful that it is almost Friday!!!  Whoop! Whoop!

I think I have mentioned this before to you all but just in case I have not.

Every year my company hosts a Halloween Party for a charity. The charity is called Variety Children's Charity and they do so much great work!!! The party at my company's cafeteria allows over 300 kids and their families the opportunity to celebrate Halloween in a safe and constructive environment. Many of these children would not otherwise get to attend a Halloween party at all. It takes us a few months to get everything ready each year and then two days to decorate the cafeteria in advance of the party.

I have participated the past ten years but due to my travel for work; I missed last years party.  Here are a few examples of past years before that...

2016

2014

2013

Long story short, we are starting prep for this years party and it is in full swing! We are doing a Star Wars theme.

I am spending time today working on folding cube art to be set out around the food and drink tables for decorations.

They take forever to fold but this is what you get when you are done!


How cute is that?!?!??! It takes the longest time just to cut out and score what needs folded but they are super cute when they are folded!

That is all that is new for me! Tomorrow I will begin gathering and packing everything I am taking on my trip to Hawaii!!! Two days and counting until Kauai!!!! Whoop!!!

Thanks as always for hosting Rebecca Jo!  Have a great Thursday everyone!!!



14 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Colletta's Kitchen Sink. I live about 1.5 hours away from Pittsburgh in Bedford County. I have relatives in Pittsburgh and have visited many times for Pirates/Steeler games. Thanks for following along. I'm now a follower of YOU!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to met you Colletta!!! I LOVE Bedford County - esp this time of year!!! Maybe I will bump into you at a Steeler game!!! Thanks for following back! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. You buried the lead here - Kauai? Oh my goodness am I jealous. Have a wonderful time. Hope to see all the photos!!
    And yes that Princess Lei is real cute! It made me laugh when I read it at first - there is a typo that says we are doing a Start Wars theme. huh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I will fix that typo right now! Thanks for catching it!!! That s pretty funny - Start Wars! HA I will definitely post hopefully every night!

      Delete
  3. Looks like more fun than what I'm doing today (nothing). Some day maybe we will go to Hawaii, we have never been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie...Enjoy doing nothing!!! I would love a day of that....and you NEVER do nothing...you are always BUSY!! I will let you know if it is even worth the trip at all ;-)
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. I'm reading this thinking, "how fun and crafty" and "now nice for those kids and their families", but then... a trip to Hawaii?!
    Have fun, hope you keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby! I know - I threw it all in there in one - LOL!!! I will definitely post daily (I hope) from Hawaii! Thanks for stopping by!! Aloha

      Delete
  5. You're going to be a pro at making them by the end. Doing it in your sleep :)
    I love Halloween & all the fun events around it - so cool your job offers that for kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca Jo!! I agree...it is so nice and the families and kids love it!! Have a great weekend!!!

      Delete
  6. Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, but I spend more time getting my kids ready than doing much to celebrate anymore. What a super-fun office activity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becki! Yes, my sister is the same as you! She prepared their costumes months in advance! I have no children except my furry ones and they would tear me up if I tried to put a costume on them!! HA!! Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I looked at your 2016 party decorations blog. Looks like a great time! I'll look forward to seeing the Star Wars decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri!!! I will definitely try to take a lot of pictures on the party day!!! Thanks for stopping by and for always having a positive comment!!! Have a great weekend!!! HUGS

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...