Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Day three - Heritage Trail hike Kauai

Hi everyone!!! Aloha from Kauai!!! I hope everyone is well!!

Today we had a day without any plans so we decided to go for a hike along the Kauai shoreline. We saw online that there was a trail called the Heritage Trail that runs from Shipwreck Beach (1 mile walk from our house) to Punahua Point.




The walk starts at the point where the kids jump off into the sea.  He is as close as we would get to the sea. Here is the whole gang.


Here is me and my mother!!!


Video of the most beautiful spot on the trail in my humble opinion HERE

Another great selfie with a glorious view!!!


Along the way we encountered this beautiful pond!!





Beautiful scenery with beautiful people!


BFFs




Here is a short video that will give you an idea about how amazing the view was...

Video HERE...



At the end of the trail we came to a cave (that was closed) and this sanctuary  A wonderful lady rescues turtles that have grown too big for homes and cares them while using them to control weeds and non-native plants that are overtaking the area.


This is Maurice...


This is the end of the hike. A beautiful beach that is home to monk seals and sea turtles. So pretty!!!!





The whole hike was supposed to be 3.7 miles but the total hike from from door to the end and home was
10.5 miles so my legs are shot for the day. It was a ton of up and down rock edges and sand. The views were totally worth it but I am beat!!!

If you ever get the chance the hike heritage trail in Kauai....I highly recommend it!!!! Amazing views you will not see from below!!!


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics.

    Now I'm curious why they call it "Heritage Trail" - did it pass through an important part of history? An ancient village? Was it the path that people always used to walk for some reason or event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It passes through preserved holy land thought to be
      Very important to those native to the land...the picture of the sign explaining a little in included on one of the pictures but you have to zoom in! Have a great week and thanks for reading!!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Becki! Hope you are having a great day!

      Delete
  3. I will hike from my hotel to my beach lawn chair and then to beach bar.
    Great photos - enjoying them a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Peg! That's me too usually! Not sure what convinced me to go along but the views made it worth it this time!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. We loved Kuaui! We rode the bicycles down the Canyon - can't remember the name, but it started with W. We also rode the helicopter over the island. Beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Nonnie! Yes, it is a magical place for sure!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Wow. And I would not have made five miles, let alone 10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! Believe me; if I can do it anyone can! Have a great day! Hugs

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...