Thursday, May 9, 2019

Some Veggies and a Walk

Hi everyone!!!

What a whirlwind of a trip this has been so far! Work is busy and the weather is definitely less than desirable.

Thank goodness that we are staying in the same hotel as the conference so we don;t have to go outside if we do not choose to.

I needed a break from all the food (you know conference food...meat, junk, sweets, etc.) so I went for a stroll on Wednesday when the rain stopped for a few minutes.

The path is right by the hotel and is called Indian Creek Trail. Here is a trail marker...

It is part of the rails to trails link up so I think that it somehow connects to the same trail I ride and walk on at home.




Here is a look at the creek. You can see how high it is based on all the rain...although it is not high enough to hit the flood marks - HA!



Another shot of the river water...



As I was walking under the bridge; I spotted a snake wrapped around a tree up ahead... can you see it in this picture below? As I was taking the photo, I also noticed a few more snakes next to me on the trail...after I started looking for them...I found eight snakes in that one area!!! Breading area?? Not sure!!



Here is a close-up of the one wrapped on the tree...



And here is another closeup of a pile on the ground...



After checking with people at the hotel and showing them the picture; it has been identified as a Northern Water snake...not poisonous but it was not like I was going to pet it anyway. HA HA!

As I was walking around the river; I spotted this area that appeared to be someones make shift home??!! I pray he is not at home when the river rises!!




Another view down to the river...



I really needed a break from the carbs and sugar; so I declined the appetizers for dinner and ran out for a salad and drink. Here is my bubble milk tea from Kung Fu Tea and my Panera quinoa salad. My favorite things ever!! It felt so good to get something green and healthy in my belly!!! Ahhhhh...



I even bought a mango jelly tea for today...Closeup of my tea...


I hope everyone is having  a great week and staying dryer than me here in Overland Park, Kansas.

Fingers crossed that the tornado's steer clear for the rest of the week! HA!



22 comments:

  1. That salad looks so yummy. I had a chicken Caesar salad for lunch.

    Yikes on the snake. I'd leave it alone as well.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saandee! I love Panera salads! It felt so good to eat healthy!!! YUM! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Woah on the snakefest! Glad they aren't poisonous, but some snakes will bite in defense.
    Glad you got a break in the rain for a nice walk. Thanks for taking us along and sharing the food too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! I found out after the fact that it was a Northern Water Snake and it was mating season!!! Crazy right?!?! The little one in the middle is the boy and the big one on the outside is the female...crazy...no wonder they had no interest in me! HA HA! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. That's my favorite salad at Panera, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! We are twinning...it was sooo yummy!!!! Have a fantastic day Kathy!

      Delete
  4. Seems there is flooding in lots of the northern (from us!) states. Be safe and I sure hope the tornadoes stay away. Great pictures and interesting that the "water" snakes seems to be staying out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Terri! I found out after the fact that it was a Northern Water Snake and it was mating season!!! Crazy right?!?! The little one in the middle is the boy and the big one on the outside is the female...crazy...no wonder they had no interest in me! HA HA! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Your salad looked fabulous. Not familiar with the bubble drinks! While those black snakes aren't poisonous, they will strike if they feel they are being threatened. Praying the tornados stay away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers Robin!! Have a great week! HUGS

      Delete
  6. At the sign of the first snake I'd be on my way back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out after the fact that it was a Northern Water Snake and it was mating season!!! Crazy right?!?! The little one in the middle is the boy and the big one on the outside is the female...crazy...no wonder they had no interest in me! HA HA! Have a great day Wendy!!

      Delete
  7. I legit has to fast forward through your posts... snakes, I just cant... the only animal that gives me the hippy-jibbies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Rebecca Jo! I found out after the fact that it was a Northern Water Snake and it was mating season!!! Crazy right?!?! The little one in the middle is the boy and the big one on the outside is the female...crazy...no wonder they had no interest in me! HA HA! Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. Very nice. The snake doesn't bother me if it is doing what a snake does and leaving me alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with that Patrick...they are kind of an amazing animal! Turns out, they were mating so that is why they had absolutely NO interest in me! HA! Have a great week!

      Delete
  9. Oh my, I don't do snakes. I would have freaked out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just hung out and never even slithered at all. I found out after the fact that it was a Northern Water Snake and it was mating season!!! Crazy right?!?! The little one in the middle is the boy and the big one on the outside is the female...crazy...no wonder they had no interest in me! HA HA! Have a great day!

      Delete
  10. LOL the snakes were "busy" haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were! HA HA! Have a great week! HUGS Julie

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. The girl was ginormous!!!! The boy, not so much - ha ha! Have a great day Pieni!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...