Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Random Thoughts

Happy, happy Wednesday morning everyone!

I hope you all are having a fantastic week so far!!

I am still in Whippany, NJ on my business trip and working too hard to be able to explore anything so far..HA!  It is fine with me since it has been pouring down rain since I got here anyway so there is nothing to do except hunker down and stay dry!!

Here is my adorable rental car - if only it would quit raining long enough for me to drop the roof!!!!



Back view..super fun to drive Mustang!! If I did not live in a state that got snow; I would buy this car! It is so fun to drive!!


Since I am not a smart traveler; I did not check the weather before I left Pittsburgh, PA and I did not bring a coat, raincoat or umbrella with me! UGH! So what is a girl to do...SHOP of course! I ran to Target (thank goodness there is a Target EVERYWHERE!) and found this cool littel guy! It folds up backwards so you never get wet or have to hold on to the outside of a wet umbrella! Great invention! I got the last one and it did not have a tag. 



It was supposed to be $19.99 but the man at the register gave me the price of $11.99 since it had no tag...WHAT?!??! Great deal right?!?!?!?It has a super comfy handle too!!! I am digging my new umbrella...just hoping it fits in my suitcase for the trip home - HA!



This is the elevator in the hotel I am staying at...funny, hugh?! It is a pretty fancy place and usually they are all about details but someone missed the awkwardly placed numerals on this elevator- HA!!


I am trying to stay on the healthy train...so, this is breakfast! I did good, right?!?! I avoided all carbs, including pastries and bagels!!!


And this was lunch!!! It was delicious!! AGAIN, healthy choice! I have a Wegman's right next to my hotel and I remember my sister talking about how good their sushi is so I found this! It is a spicy and sweet poke tuna with quinoa and brown rice.  It was the best poke bowl I have ever eaten - for real!!!!  The juice was perfection too...so fresh and yummy! I think I am going back there tonight for dinner! HA HA!

Like I said, nothing fun to report yet so this is a very random update on what I have been up to in daily life! FUN FUN FUN!

If the weather ever clears up; I found a beautiful park nearby and I promise to take you there with me and get lots of pictures!

I hope everyone has a fantastic rest of the week!!! HUGS!!!!

35 comments:

  1. I'm loving your enthusiasm! I also like that umbrella and the car! Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Fingers crossed I get to drive it at least one day with the top down! Have a great day Nonnie!!

      Delete
  2. Your fruit plate looks so good. Too funny about the numbers on the elevator panel. I hope it stops raining so you can take a wander in the park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The numbers are making me crazy - not good for an OCD person! HA! Fingers crossed for a dry day! Have a great week Robin! HUGS

      Delete
  3. nothing better than a target and a wegmans. You hit the jackpot there. But the rain. I am so sick of this rain. I hope you get to put the top down this week. I also think I need to go buy that umbrella today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best umbrella ever! I am so happy I got it..seriously goes up and down so easily and you never touch the wet part!!! Awesome! Have a great day Margaret! HUGS

      Delete
  4. Sorry you're dealing with rainy days, but you snagged the silver lining with that umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely helping...although I could also use some rain boots!! Have a great day Abby!!! HUGS

      Delete
  5. It's raining, you're eating healthy and you have a fabulous ride. What a red letter week. Well not the weather, but everything else.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct - no complaints except for the rain; and it could be worse and be snowing so I will shut up now! HA HA! Have a great day Sandee!

      Delete
  6. Yummmmm! I'm hungry now.

    Also, looks like the elevator man had a martini lunch before completing his (or her) job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Linda??! It is making me crazy since I can't fix them! HA HA! I hope you are doing well!! Have a great week!

      Delete
  7. Well that's a fun rental car!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely was - it is making me want to purchase one now but it is not practical for snowy Pittsburgh! HA! Have a great week Julie!

      Delete
  8. What a great deal on that umbrella. I love the way that it folds up. Way more practical. And that car....YES. I would have loved to get that one on a trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been a better score in nice weather! HA! It is kind of making me want to buy one though! very peppy and cute!

      Delete
  9. Jealous of the fun car...

    I saw a whole bunch of umbrellas like your on amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great umbrella - kind of surprised that no one had come up with it before now! Keeps everything dry when you use it!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. It is a fun ride Carla! Praying for sun this afternoon to test out the convertible part! HA - have a great week!

      Delete
  11. You're doing good with the meals. I wish I could make healthier choices.
    I used to have a mustang. mine wasn't a convertable but I loved that car

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good! I really have to stay on track!! UGH! It is a great car - I love it!!! HUGS! Have a great day Ann

      Delete
  12. I am so stinkin' jealous of your rental car! I might have to rent one some day just so I can drive it. I hope the weather gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a super fun car to drive! So loud and peppy! HA! i will drive it once with the top down even if it has to be in the rain! HA HA! Have a great day Stacy!

      Delete
  13. I see those umbrellas everywhere and may have to pretend I don't already have about a dozen 'regular' umbrellas. Thanks for the business trip update!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my excuse Terri - I was away and needed a new one! It is worth it to buy one and then donate your old ones to Goodwill! that is my plan! Have a great week! HUGS

      Delete
  14. Looks like an interesting and fun business trip so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a lot of work and not a lot of play Patrick - not my favorite kind - HA! Have a great day!

      Delete
  15. The umbrella is impressive, but not quite as impressive as the Mustang. I'm afraid I would just scream if I saw lift buttons like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are driving me crazy Andrew - every time I get in the elevator I cringe! HA! Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  16. That is a cool car. Both of your meals look delicious. That umbrella is a great invention. Hope it doesn't rain the whole time. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun to drive too Mags!!! The umbrella is great - you do not get wet at all!!!

      Delete
  17. Your meals look delicious and I love the umbrella. Yes those elevator buttons are funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They fixed the buttons the day I left Debby! I had to deal with it all week (I am VERY OCD) and it was fixed the day I left! HA HA!

      Delete
  18. We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us. email us at (fastloanoffer34@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...