Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Wednesday Medley

This Week's Questions for the Wednesday Medley...



Here is a medley of questions you may choose to answer on your Wednesday blog.  There aren't any rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to with Terri at My Friend From Florida.






1.  National Ding-a-Ling Day is observed across the United States each year on December 12.  Ding-a-Lings on this day call the people they haven’t heard from in a while.  It may be an old classmate, co-worker or neighbor from years ago.  Or perhaps a call will go out to the child who used to mow the grass during the summer.  How about that couple who carpooled for soccer. There are all sorts of people in our lives who manage to slip out of our lives who would love to hear the ding-a-ling of a call from you or me.  So tell us who you want to call today!

This is awesome but I am a firm believer that God will put people in AND OUT of my life when they are supposed to be there.  I don't really go looking to find people from my past. In recovery, we do an eighth step which is making amends to those we harmed. In order to do this we search out those people and sincerely apologize and ask if there is anything we can do to right the wrong we did and then we move on. So, after that I don't really search anyone out now. God seems to be really good at moving people together when they need to be and apart when the lessons have been learned. That probably does not make sense to anyone but me...HA! BUT...If you call me, I will answer!!! Hugs!


2.  Each year on the 12th day of December, people across the United States recognize National Poinsettia Day.  I am including this "National Day" too because my neighbor's poinsettia from last year is blooming beside their house!!  Have you ever tried to plant a poinsettia outside?

No, I have not. Me and poinsettias are NOT really friends. They look pretty and every year I get one to keep on my desk at work around Christmas but they are poison to cats so none will ever make it anywhere near my home! Here is my desk poinsettia this year (with all the adorable nieces and nephews in the background)...



3.  Do you believe in Bigfoot?  I do - I love to think that there are many undiscovered life forms out there and not just humans and animals. I also believe in UFO's and aliens!!  As amazing as this Earth and space is; how could we be the only ones?!?!  What size shoe do you wear and do you have trouble shoe shopping? I wear a size 8 1/2 and no; normally I can find my size unless there are only a few pairs left in the store and those are usually 10's or 11's.

4.  What is one thing you refuse to share?I can't think of anything.  If you ask nicely I will share anything!

5.  Are you finding that this Christmas is stressful? Nope! Not at all! I started preparing early since I knew I would be leaving on vacation the week before so I am done and ready to fly out of this cold weather.  I decorated my condo and put lights outside but I skipped the tree this year since I knew I would not be home and I can enjoy my parents tree when I go up there.  The only issue I am having is that my oldest sister and her family can only be at my parents through the weekend and since I fly back home on Saturday; I am only going to be celebrating Christmas with my family on Sunday.  I will miss all the festivities on Friday and Saturday.  Oh well, it is all good! Nothing I can change about the trip now, right?  More or less than last year? About the same.
6.  Tell us something random about your week so far! As I think you all probably already read ... I won another basket raffle! This one is a Google Home! WOWSA! After multiple people suggested buying lottery tickets; I got a few scratch-offs. They were all losers so I guess that is it for luck - HA HA!

I hope everyone has a great rest their week!!! Happy Hump Day!

Do you have poinsettias at home?  Does anyone else do the pickle in the tree thing?? Anyone else wish there was someone you could hire to fill a stocking for an adult that lives alone?? HA HA

25 comments:

  1. I forgot that Poinsettias are poisonous! That is probably why I stopped buying them years ago! lol
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have someone that brought us poinsettias at work but they haven't come the last couple years. It was always funny to see how long they lasted afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine at Home Depot when I went to pick of some putty at lunch. It was a mega sale and it only cost $1...how could I pass it up?!?! They really do look festive! PS - how can you have cats in your yard and not bring them inside to live with you?? HA! I am the crazy cat lady and I would be gathering all those cats up and bringing them inside! HA!

      Delete
  3. National ding-a-ling day. Ha. That is too funny. I wish I could have a poinsettias at home, but I have a dog. Maybe at work though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I do Danielle! I would never bring this thing home but it sure makes my desk pretty for a dollar!!! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. Great answers again! I love your answer and explanation to number 1, I totally agree.
    And congrats on another win! Yeah, I guess your lottery "proceeds" indicate the luck's run out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has definitely run out Abby! I am still feeling blessed to have won anything at all though!!! I am usually not luck at all!! HA HA! Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on winning the raffle! Very good answer on number 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nonnie! And i am glad my answers made a little sense to someone...felt like I went off on a little tangent there - HA! Hugs

      Delete
  6. Whaaa, another raffle win? CONGRATS!!! I love pondering your response to #1. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Another one! Crazy right?!?! I was totally shocked! I am glad my answers make a little sense...HA! Hugs and have a great night!

      Delete
  7. Your answer to No. 1, I totally understand. You summed it up so well.
    Happy Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can track with your answer to #1. I enjoy poinsettia's anywhere but my own home because I will always kill them off. I'll have to remember that they are poisonous. Hope you have a merry and bright week!
    ellen b at https://happywonderer.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am not much of a green thumb myself so the only plants I have in my home are hanging plants that are REALLY easy to maintain! HA! Have a great rest of the week and thanks for stopping by - HUGS!

      Delete
  9. Hello! !
    Today I decorated the Christmas tree. I really enjoyed it! Every year I get very excited, I decorate the Christmas tree and it begins to feel like Christmas. I think this year's Christmas tree is also very beautiful.
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that your tree is done! It is wonderful to sit at night with the lights on and sip tea! Enjoy your holidays Ryoma!!!!

      Delete
  10. I am glad you are having a stress free Christmas and glad you started planning early. I did too. It makes it so much more fun. I loved your answers. Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I agree - I am so happy I started early and now can relax and just enjoy the next few weeks!!! Hugs

      Delete
  11. We don't have poinsettias inside either because of our cats and this year I only have fake ones decking out Pink Floyd Flamingo! We do indeed have a pickle on our tree and the grandkids used to have fun looking for it and won an extra gift for finding it first. I miss having someone here to look for it! Thanks for joining the Medley this week! I am late getting around to everyone but enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Joe should take turns hiding it...next year you hide it for him to find and the following he hides it for you...we don't have to miss out on all the fun just because we become adults...at least that is my motto! HA!

      Delete
  12. Poinsettias and I are not good friends, either. I tend to kill houseplants and then there's the whole thing about me not liking indoor flowers..LOL I hope you have a wonderful time with your family! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all the well wishes!!! Travels were safe - thanks for the mojo! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...