Thursday, December 6, 2018

Lights First Then Sip and Paint

Happy Thursday ya'll!!!!

Every year I decorate the outside of my aunt's house. She is not married and she does not like to put up lights and I do!  It is kind of a tradition that I go do her outdoor lights every year! It is fun for me and it also gives me an excuse to hang out and visit at her house!!

It turns out this year, on the day we selected for the decorating, there was also a Sip and Paint scheduled for her churches Altar Society so she invited me - her treat!!! How awesome, hugh?

So, after putting up the lights we headed over to the Knights of Columbus in Dennison, OH.

 Here is what we were aiming for...

This is my aunts station and my station!

This is group we were with...first at the table is Michele my cousin, then Stacey another cousin and then my Aunt Marti and myself. They had cheese and crackers, wine, water and cookies all included with the cost of our ticket to attend (I peeked...it was only $10...crazy right?!??! Sooo reasonable)! The woman that led us made it so easy to follow along and paint with her.

Here we are at the end....everyone's is a tiny bit different but I think everyone's turned out soooo adorable!!!!

They also had door prizes, my cousins were lucky and won the poinsettia (which they gave to my Aunt Marti for inviting us) and they also won three trees which they split up!!! Pretty cool night and so much fun hanging out with my Aunt and cousins.
Major fail - I forgot to get a picture of the lights when I left :-(

Anyone else love to decorate so much they like to help others? Anyone a grinch and not decorate at all? Ready for Christmas?

19 comments:

  1. Good times! Congrats on the prizes! Tell your aunt to take a pic of the lights so you can show us :)
    I like to decorate, but I also don't like heights, so it's a challenge with the lights-on-the-house biz. Haven't done it yet this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good time Abby! Shocking to find out that we each could paint if we follow a professional! HA! My cousins were the luck ones - I had no cash to play! :-(
      As long as you like your decor that's what counts - even if it is just down low and inside! LOL!!! PS - how is the blind hanging going?!

      Delete
  2. Super cute paintings!! I've done a couple of those at a store near me, but not for a few years. I like to decorate enough for the kids to enjoy the spirit, but I'm secretly a little grumpy through it all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Becki! That is too funny! You sound like my mother. We thought she loved to decorate when we were little and as of late she has confessed that she hates all of it!!! Including the tree!!! She said if it was up to her we would do nothing because it just creates more work! LOL!!! We were floored!!! Hopefully you are a great actress and your children have no clue either!!!! HA HA!

      Delete
  3. Nothing beats family fun - and look at the paintings, food and prizes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! It was pretty awesome!! The painting was perfect for the Christmas season and it is so fun to realize that anyone can paint if you follow the instructor! Kind of awesome actually! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love to decorate! It makes life fun to see changing decorations. My house will not be in Home Beautiful but it makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like my house! I like glitter and have a wholenpish posh if lights and decor but it makes me soooo happy and I love helping others to make them happy!!!! We would good friends in real life!!!! Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Good job on those paintings!! I love going to paint parties. It's been a while though since anyone has hosted one in my town. Its amazing how easy it is with an instructor.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Lisa! She said make a circle ....make two figure 8s...now make a 3...now make a lightening bolt...next thing we knew we had penguins!!! Lol!!!! So fun! I hope you have a great weekend!!!

      Delete
  6. Nope... sorry. I do not like putting lights up outside. For the last few years we stake out a scatter light on a timer and the whole front of the house is lighted up. Easy-peasy!! Those paint parties are always fun! They did one here in our community, but charged $35 - no snacks. I thought it was a bit too pricey. $10 sounds perfect!! Y'all did great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the ones here are usually pricey too!! This was sponsored through my Aunts church so it was more reasonable! If you put those spotlights that shine on the whole house then you definitely outside!!! Those are awesome!! That just makes you and Joe very efficient decorators!!!!

      Delete
  7. Jealous ...I have no artistic talent. Zip. Zero. Nil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either though!!! You don’t need any at all! They make it as simple as making two eights...then an x...then a lightening bolt and you have penguins! You should try it some time...you will be amazed!!!! Have a great weekend!!!! Hugs!

      Delete
  8. I've never been to one of those parties but have always wanted to attend one. Fun, fun, fun! I love your painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby! It was a proud moment for a person that normally draws stick figures - you should definitely try it sometime - they made it so easy it is amazing!

      Delete
  9. Awww how fun and you got to spend time with family too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Julie - it was great! I do not get to see my aunt that much anymore as everyone is so busy and going different directions! It is nice spending time with her!

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...