Tuesday, December 4, 2018

OMG!!! Again!!! GE Dishwasher Third Service Call...UPDATE: THANK YOU LOWE'S

You will never believe what happened last week!!!! Or maybe you will...

I was chilling after work and decided to put the clean dishes away from the dishwasher.

As I grabbed dishes to put in the cabinets, I noticed a ton of water in the bottom of the dishwasher.   After the dry cycle ran and dishes were done; there is still about an inch of water left in the bottom of the dishwasher!!!! UGH!

I called the Lowes service number and they came today. Unfortunately, we are becoming BFF's fairly quickly!



Guess what?!?!?! My pump is broken...in my three month old dishwasher that runs about twice a week...which means it has been run a total of 18 times MAX!

NEVER NEVER NEVER buy a GE and NEVER NEVER NEVER buy from Lowe's!!!

I am so done with this piece of S&%$!!!

So, the serviceman just left and he will order my new part...I will then have to miss MORE work to be here for that fix!

I plan to head down to Lowe's, in person, this afternoon and discuss my options!!! This has been such a life inconvenience!!!

If you are a new follower...I got this new dishwasher installed in August and this is my fourth service call!!!  Whether or not all GE's are lemons I do not know but I definitely got one that is!!!

PS-I just learned that GE's warranty for replacement of a lemon is "If there are three repairs not more than 30 days apart" ...this is laughable!!! So, although I have three only the second two count since the first was 32 days before the second!!!!! GE TRULY SUCKS!

UGH UGH UGH!

Happy Tuesday ya'll!

UPDATE!!! I physically went down to Lowe's to ask in person what I was supposed to do since GE has an incredibly ridiculous replacement policy. I walked to the appliance section of my local Lowe's (where I purchased the GE dishwasher initially) and asked to speak with a manager. As soon as I started explaining the situation; I started sobbing. I told him everything from the beginning, the bad install, the flooding, the leaking in the front and now the pump. He immediately started looking for a replacement unit for me. he gave me an upgrade and gave me the Bosch dishwasher (he said they are the highest rated along with Kitchen-aide). Apparently he will be calling me within an hour to schedule the swap out. THANK YOU LOWE'S and thank you to my local store. This has been horrible for three months...fingers crossed this one will work after it is installed.




11 comments:

  1. Ann, the secret is Lowes. :-)
    I have a Bosch - best ever. It is so quiet and cleans so well.
    So quiet that my husband has opened it many times because he didn't realize it was running. (and too clueless so see the red light on the floor telling you it's still running)
    I hope you get Santa to bring you a new dishwasher that isn't a lemon!!! I wish you much success at Lowes in person! I hope when they see your face they will melt and give you what you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret-face to face was the key! The manager was wonderful and he is working on getting me a non-GE replacement! Thank Goodness!!! I chose a Bosch and they are supposed to call today to schedule the swap out! There is a God!!! I guess no one wants a sobbing old lady in their appliance department! It was totally embarrassing but I could not stop crying - this has been going on so long!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for for stopping by and for your Congrats for my son and daughter-in-law!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Have a fantastic day Debby!

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm glad you are getting a new one. Did that guy below you get his stuff fixed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet! The condo association's homeowners insurance filed a claim on his behalf (since he did not homeowners of his own) and they wanted him to get estimates for the repairs and then they would give him the money to pay for it. He said he wants to do all the work himself so they should just give him all the money. They said no, they want a licensed contractor to do the work. So now he is fighting with them about the money they got for him! LOL! I am telling you...this kid is a piece of work!!! Unbelievable!

      Delete
  4. Faith restored, possibly. Bosch is supposed to be a great appliance! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do that Terri! It;s hard to believe until the unit is actually switched out and running though...I am sure you will all be sick of hearing about it by the time the saga is over!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Debby! I agree - you know I breathed a sign of relief just typing it all out!!!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...