Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Disney Wednesday Medley

Today I am joining Terri for her Wednesday Medley!!!

 

A Disney Kind of Wednesday Medley...



1.    On December 5, 1901, Walt Disney was born.  Have you been to Disneyland or Disney World?  Can you share a favorite Disney memory?  I was there when I was about six and I remember nothing! LOL! All I have is the pictures my parents took and there are not a ton of those either! HA!
2.     The first roller coaster attraction at Walt Disney World was Space Mountain.  Do you/did you like roller coasters?  I love roller coasters!!! My very favorite is right here in Pittsburgh called the Phantom's Revenge! It is an amazing 1 minute and 57 seconds of thrills!!!   Phantom's Revenge hits speeds up to 82 mph and has a drop of 228 feet!!!! Here is a view from the top of that drop...
 
 
3.     The very first fairy tale that Walt Disney made a cartoon about was Little Red Riding Hood.  Did you enjoy fairy tales when you were a youngster or did they scare you?  They did not scare me.  Did you have a favorite?  I don't know that I had a favorite then but later in life I really enjoyed the show Grimm which was based on the Grimm fairy tales!

4.     In Lady & the Tramp, Tramp’s real name was Butch!  Do you have nicknames for your fur-babies and/or for your children?  I have four cats....Nermal is Nermy; Trouble is Trubby-bubby; Faith is Peanut (she is a little peanut) and Grace is Chunkster! LOL!
5.     I can’t let this day go by without respecting George H.W. Bush, as he lays in state in the Rotunda of our Capital today.  He was our 41st President and only the second father to have a son follow him as President of the United States.  President Bush loved his colorful socks.  I bought Joe a pair of George H.W. Bush socks for Christmas one year.  I know Myra has a pair… any other bloggers checking in today who have a pair of the Presidential socks in a drawer at home?   Not I; but I am very jealous of those that do! I had never heard of this!  How do you feel about colorful socks?  I love colorful socks expecially in the winter! No one sees them under boots so you can be really creative and crazy! In case you did not see it yet; Google when dark for this national day of mourning.
 
 
6.  Please tell us something random about your week! Only ten more days until Aruba!!! YIPPEE!!!



I am off to read everyone else's answers now and find out that I am the only himan that has not been to Disney as an adult!!!! HA HA!


20 comments:

  1. OMG, Ann. Were I on that roller coaster, surely I'd suffer a stroke. LOL! You know, I thought Google looked somewhat odd this morning, but I didn't make the connection. Plus, I must abide under a rock on account I hadn't heard of that movie. I'll have to check it out on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely do check it out. It was actually a series and it was awesome! I think you can still get it on demand or something. Have a great night!

      Delete
  2. I"m such a fan of roller coasters!! My favorite! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Biana!!! i love that feeling sooo much!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Hmm my comment may not have worked.

    I used to love roller coasters but now they mess me up so I can't do them. (but not Disney since they don't usually go upside down)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh okay - so you can do the regular just not loops - that makes sense my Mom is like that. My sisters can do circles and I cannot do that for a single second!! UGH

      Delete
  4. That roller coaster looks Scary! You have really cute names for your pets. Nope! I've not been to Disney World or Disneyland ever. Thanks for pointing that out about google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad there is another person! I honestly thought I was the only one that had not returned as an adult but I dont see the point - it is too commercial and way too much money for someone as cheap as me! HA! Have a great night!

      Delete
  5. See? This is why we didn't take our kids to Disneyland when they were little - they'd wouldn't remember it anyway! HA! Thanks for sharing your cats and their names, I wasn't sure how many you had. Funny how we don't call our cats by their "real" names.
    Colorful, creative socks are popular with cyclists, and I have a few pairs and love them as gifts. I don't agree with people who say that socks are bad gifts! Happy Wednesday (on Thursday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! Happy Wednesday night and Thursday day!!! LOL!!! I love socks...I am cheap so the only "good" socks I have are ones that were gifted to me! HA HA

      Delete
  6. Well, no doubt you are an adventureous soul, I can't even imagine riding such a roller coaster. Love your fur babies nick names. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Lea! You too!! Hope it is a fantastic second half to the week! Hugs

      Delete
  7. Well you are braver than me. Wouldn't get on a roller coaster if you paid me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Wendy?! Have you ever tried one? I bet you would be surprised at how fun they are - you can always close your eyes and just enjoy the weightless sensation without the view - LOL!!! Have a great rest of your week!

      Delete
  8. Thank-you for sharing the google page! I had not seen it. I loved President Bush...both of them actually.
    I love crazy socks too. Loved your answers! Happy Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I noticed Google first thing this morning...kind of amazing that they did that! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have an amazing rest of your week also Debby Ray! Hugs

      Delete
  10. Aruba!! Lucky girl!! I did not know Google went dark for GHWB! Nice.Thanks so much for joining in on the Medley today! I have been enjoying the Disney-related memories folks are sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks as always for hosting Terri! Great questions each and every week - no pressure! HA!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...