Thursday, December 20, 2018

Day 6 - Thursday - Private Beach Cabana Day

 Thursday was an amazing day here in Aruba! 

 I spent the day in a private cabana at the beach! That means I had my own space… At least most of the time… To enjoy my private time!   

I was in the cabana closest to the beach… if you are planning to get one of the cabanas I would definitely recommend not getting the first one.  The only problem with this cabana is that there is a constant flow of people trying to get into the cabana area. So the waiters are constantly playing security and kicking people out.  There is a  chain across the entryway with a sign that says that you have to rent a cabana in order to enter and that it's a private area but nobody seems to care about that. If you're in the cabanas further down the walkway, you don't have to deal with any of that.

Okay...I promise you the pictures are not going to do this justice but I'm going to give it a shot!

So when I arrived at my cabana the entryway had my name stamped on it! How cool is that!

Here is my cabana!!


And these cabanas normally come with a cooler full of water and champagne. Because I don't drink, they hooked me up with a whole bunch of extra water. They actually gave me 4 regular Voss waters and 4 sparkling Voss waters!  I was set for the day!    

Here is a view of the little cargo net you can lay in in the front. It's surrounded by padding… It wasn't the most comfortable thing but it was super cool looking!

And here's a view from the water backwards into the cabana…  

Another view into the cabana… There was a full-size couch and then a nice big chair as well.

I got two lounge chairs…  

And this is the view out from the inside of the cabana…


 They also hooked me up with this adorable little drink. It's normally a kids drink and it has no alcohol in it but it was perfect! It's like a strawberry smoothie with color jimmy's. And it floats in the little flamingo! If you come here you have to get one of these! I found out later in the day they also have green dragons for the boys! LOL  

Around 11 o'clock they brought me my fruit tray… I actually got chocolate covered strawberries!

And then around 5 PM I ordered my dinner… I didn't have lunch because I brought cheese and crackers with me to the cabana. I ate those for lunch so I guess this was actually my dinner. I ordered the grouper sandwich and it was phenomenal!  

I also ordered nachos… I don't really recommend these… It's kind of like tortillas out of the bag and the guacamole wasn't so great either. But the salsa was homemade and it was delicious! Could've skipped them all together though.

They also brought me ice cream at 3 PM. The girl I met on the beach yesterday, Sabrina, stopped by to say hi for a while. She ended up being there when ice cream was delivered so that worked out well! Another beautiful view from the patio!  

At the end of the day; the cabanas have  the perfect view of the sun set. It was really beautiful and so chilled to watch it set from the patio.

And I was heading to the boat to go back to mainland from the private island when I noticed this guy chilling in a tree. This is what they do after all day of swimming and scooping up fish… They just fly into these trees in sit. It's kind of amazing that the three holds  them up.  

 If you are spending any time at the Renaissance Aruba; I highly recommend getting a cabana. Again, try not to get the first cabana.

Hopefully by the time other people come here they'll do something about security. There's just a lot of people that keep trying to get in and when you have all your stuff in the cabana  you don't want to have to keep an eye on your things. That's the point of having the cabana… Everything should be safe in there and you don't have to worry about your belongings. 

So my only complaint about the whole day is better security keeping people out of the cabana area… Other than that go for it! It is so  worth the money! I have to do a shout out here to Gregory Tromp… He was my waiter for the day and he was so wonderful! If you can get Gregory… Get Gregory! 

I hope everyone else had an amazing day and is getting closer and closer to being ready for Christmas! Last excursion is tomorrow… So tomorrow will be more snorkeling at local beaches.

Thanks for following and thanks for reading! I hope you all have a great evening… Hugs!

16 comments:

  1. That cabana looks amazing!! How fun to have that wonderful space all to yourself AND with a waiter besides! Thanks for sharing your day!! Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! I was so glad I decided to pay the extra for the cabana!! It really was totally worth it!!!!! I hope you and Joe had fantastic holidays and made a lot of awesome memories also!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful setting! I could do some serious relaxing there. LOL-ing because you're living the dream...the dementia residents (the ladies, anyway) and I were just talking the other day about not liking winter and thinking it would be nice to find ourselves on the beach with a cute cabana boy bringing us fruity drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Ann! Did you feel like royalty? The only thing I'd change is having that amazing sandwich and chips for lunch … followed by a long nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I really did feel like royalty! It was an amazing day and totally worth every cent!!!! I hope you had a fantastic holiday also!

      Delete
  4. Sounds WONderful. You had me at "private beach". Thanks for the product review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas and wishing you peace, joy and happiness in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ryoma!! Same to you and your family!!

      Delete
  6. I'm getting so jealous of your vacation! Looks so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed with your day in the cabana. Wow, you can't ask for anything better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...