Friday, December 21, 2018

Day 7 -Friday - Beach Hopping Snorkling Tour

 Well guys… It's hard to believe that I reached day seven already! It's been an amazing trip it's just so hard to believe it's time to head home tomorrow.   Today I had my very last excursion for this trip to Aruba.

 A bus picked me up at my hotel at 9 AM… The tour was with EL Tours and it's called the Beach Hopper. We hop to two different beaches and snorkel while we're there. The snorkeling equipment and water to drink is included… as well as the transportation in an open air bus.


Here is the outside of the bus that picked me up… Pretty crazy!


Here's a shot of the inside of the bus… I was the last pick up so there was only about 16 of us on the tour.    


Here's my little selfie from the bus…    

The first stop was Mangel Halto beach... this is the little mangrove that we used to get in and out of the water.


And here is a view of the entry/exit from the water...


This is the picture I took while I was floating out there… This first stop had quite a few fish but you had to go pretty far out and it wasn't that clear. I do have a video from the second stop that was a lot clearer so I'm going to post that video later in this post.


 We stayed at the first beach for about an hour… After that we hopped on the bus to head to the second beach.  During the drive, we spotted these wild donkeys on the side of the road. Our tour guide Uri had brought a loaf of bread to feed the fish.  He hopped off the bus and fed some to the donkeys so we could see them up close.  


This would be my donkey selfie…


Where else would you see this site? This is my tour guide Yuri with a wild donkey. You gotta love Uri's Santa hat in the middle of the desert!    

The next stop after the donkey visit was Baby Beach. This is a very well-known beach for snorkeling and just chilling. Here's a picture across the beach…


And here is the video if you want to snorkel along!

We actually spent two full hours snorkeling around Baby  Beach. It was a pretty amazing trip. My tour guide took me along the reefs as well… We started at one end and just floated  there while the current pulled us all the way down to where the other snorkelers were....


 On the way home he stopped here at the Lourdes Grotto.  It is a unique Roman Catholic shrine built into the rocks!  It is decorated for Christmas as well!




Little closer view...

I got dropped off at my hotel and then got showered and dressed and walked over to the Renaissance Marketplace to get dinner. I had to get this picture for you… This is how the ice skate in Aruba! It is a plexiglass skating rink.

I tried a new restaurant Cuba's Cooking tonight. It was perfect. I asked my waiter what he recommended and he suggested the pork steak. It was absolutely delicious. I was seated outside on the patio right in front of the Cuban band… It was a great dinner! 


 

Here is the live performer… He was fantastic!

On my walk back to the hotel I decided I had to stop and get a picture of this iconic sign! I actually got a picture of this last time I was here as I was driving past it. Much easier to take the photo when you're walking! LOL!
This is the view down to the boat launch from my balcony… If I was more athletic I could probably dive off my balcony and hit the water… LOL!

I am quite sure that this post has horrible formatting! In fact; I am quite sure this has been the case all week! Thank you all for bearing with me. It is so hard to do these blog post from my iPad. If anyone has any app that makes it easier please let me know. I've paid for two different apps and neither one of them makes posting from my iPad any easier!  There are so many glitches and it's just so hard to get the formatting in there. 

So,  again… thanks to my readers that have kept reading and have been  bearing with me through this week of horrible formatting and spelling and no links… I could go on and on!

I  promise to fix them all when I am home! 

Until then… I hope you all have had an amazing week and I cannot wait to catch up with everyone! Have a great weekend guys! 

13 comments:

  1. Wow!! I loved the video of your snorkeling tour! I've never tried it. Perhaps one day! I'm a pretty good swimmer and know I would really enjoy it. Hard to believe your vacation is over! Day one seems like yesterday! LOL Your formatting has been just fine! No worries! Safe travels home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri! You should definitely do it some day!!! You don't even have to know how to swim...just float! HA HA! The water is so calm there...just float! It all went WAY too quick! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. I am loving every minute of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to share with you all!!! I know I love being able to "go along" when you guys travel also!!! Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It really was! I highly recommend Aruba to anyone looking for a beach getaway!!!

      Delete
  4. So nice, love the donkey selfie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Julie?!?! Just never walk behind them - I hear that can be painful - but they will let you take selfies all day if you have food! HA!

      Delete
  5. Great vacay! Thanks for sharing! I didn't know wild donkeys were a thing, but now I do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either Abby!!! HA! I learned a lot on this trip! HA! Hugs!

      Delete
  6. Love your selfie with the donkey :) Enjoyed your video. I've never been snorkeling. That ice skating is very interesting! What an awesome trip you had. Definitely makes me want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love every minute Debby! I swear - the place is so friendly and magical!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...