Monday, June 11, 2018

Happy Monday

Summer just makes me smile! I don't know how else to say it except summer makes me soooo happy!
The fact that my parents have a house on a lake and some summer toys also helps! I love weekends spent together with family by a lake! We float, swim, have campfires and smores and play on lots of watercraft! LOL!
This weekend the lake held a kids fishing derby. The kids registered and fished for two hours (the fishing club provided the worms and everything) and then the total weight of the fish they caught were totaled. Each kid got a bucket to put their fish in and they were released once they were weighed alive - no fish were harmed except maybe some sore lips :-)
The boys both registered but as soon as the girls saw how much fun it was, and they had to watch anyway, they wanted in on the action! HA HA! These kids do not know how to be patient and watch the bobber so I cannot even relate to you how many times they could cast and real back in during that 2 hours even when there was no fish biting the line!! HA HA
Mom, Dad, my sister, her two girls as well as myself went to watch and support the boys and we all had fun! This is a picture of the support crew minus me!

In the end, my nephew won second place in his age range with his one big mouth bass fish (prizes were for total weight of fish caught) that weighed 0.86 pounds that his twin sister caught while he was on a break - LOL - and his prize was $20! We had no idea there was money involved...just assumed bragging rights as it was free to enter!  Then at the very end, we were shocked to hear that he also won for the biggest fish of the day with that giant 0.86 pounder that his sister reeled in and he got $50 more! HA HA! He is so sweet, he immediately gave the $20 one to his cousin that also registered but did not catch any fish that morning and he plans to share his $50 with his sister since she helped :-)

It was a great start for the weekend of family fun!

How was your weekend? Anything fun or just chill? Any fishermen out there?

Have a blessed and enjoyable day!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the summer! We live on a lake so I know just what you mean. We spent tonight preparing our boat to put it in the water this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy! You are so lucky! I go to my parents house every weekend to enjoy their lake! Hope you have a great weekend of safe and fun boating! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was was a pretty awesome weekend! Although, when is family time not, right? Have a great week!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...