Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Wednesday HodgePodge

Welcome to another week and another Hodgepodge! I am joining Joyce again this week!

 If you want to play along - simply answer the questions on your own blog, then hop back and link up at Joyce's Blog From This Side of the Pond!

Here we go-


1. Security or freedom? Can you have both? Explain. I prefer both but am not sure if both are possible. I believe we should all be free to move around and explore the world - life would be way more interesting that way. However, something has got to be done about the bad dictators! There are far too many dangerous places on Earth and sadly if you are born there, you are stuck! I wish everyone could live with democracy and peace!!!  Sadly, that is not really realistic! But it does make me very grateful to have been born and raised in America!

2. If you could visit any historical American site what would it be? Why? I love Gettysburg! There is such history there! Every time I go, I learn more about the strategies, struggles and sacrifices that others have made for my freedom!

3. Free as a bird, free reign, be free of, free enterprise, free trip, walk away scot free, free for all...which 'free' phrase can best be applied to your life in recent days or weeks? Explain.  Let's go with "be free of".  I am now free of traveling every week for work - I am permanently in Pittsburgh again - I have not decided if it is a good thing or not - LOL! Some days I am happy to be done with all the packing and travel and some days I really miss it! I do love that I can hang out with friends again though!

4. Something in your frig that's red? Something in your house that's white? Something in your view that's blue? My fridge ALWAYS has Heinz Ketchup! I use it on everything and I am from Pittsburgh so it is fitting! My walls and carpet are white! I love that crisp, clean look of an all white room! And something blue that is in my view right now are the post-its on my desk at work and this text for my answers!

5. July 27th is National New Jersey Day. Have you ever visited The Garden State? If so where did you go? Are there diners where you live? Have you tried Taylor Pork Roll? Do you like to play Monopoly? Salt water taffy-yay or nay? How do you feel about shopping at the mall? Springsteen, Sinatra, or Bon Jovi-you have to pick one. I love the Garden State! I travel there at least once a year for vacation at Stone Harbor, NJ!!! My favorite beach on the earth! We have gone every year since I was about 6 years old! LOVE Monopoly - my favorite board game!!! And ICK to taffy but yeah to fudge!!! Not a mall fan and I love Springsteen!!!!

Raise your hand if you know why these add-on questions are appropriate on National NJ Day. ME ME ME!!!! They are all from New Jersey, right?!

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I am so happy it is Wednesday! This week is crawling along slower than molasses on a flat road! 


I hope you all have a blessed and happy Wednesday!!! Now, I am off to go read all of your answers!!
 

14 comments:

  1. We took a spur of the moment trip to Gettysburg a couple of years ago for my 50th birthday. It was my first time back as an adult and my husband's first visit ever. We really enjoyed it and hope to get back again to check out some of the other things we saw but didn't have time to look at then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy! That's awesome! I agree - there is so much to see and do in that area- it definitely takes multiple trips to even get to experience half of it! Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Molasses on a flat road---LOL LOVE that! My grandmother loved taffy so I ate it. Good thing I liked it. Haha! I do love fudge, too. My mother made it every year at Christmas and I just couldn't get enough. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by and commenting!! Homemade fudge is the best!!! Enjoy your day as well!

      Delete
  3. I've never been to Gettysburg but would love to visit there as well. I enjoyed all of your answers today. Have a fantastic Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby! I hope you have a fun, safe and happy 4th as well!

      Delete
  4. Molasses on a flat road? Love your turn of a phrase, Ann!
    My son is quite a history buff (no idea where he got that from!) but he's ignited my curiosity about some of our Nation's history. I'd love to see Gettsburg!


    PS - I misspelled your name (with an 'e') earlier when responding to your comment. Hasty and not very nice … I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Myra! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I love your state of Alabama! I once spent a few weeks there visiting a friend in Huntsville and I did not want to leave! I love the southern accent more than anything and everyone is so polite and sweet! I loved being called "Miss Ann". No worries about the name, I actually threw an e on it in middle school as it was way to boring with just three letters - my mother was not pleased - LOL! Happy Hump Day!

      Delete
  5. Hi Ann, visiting you and enjoying your answers. So glad you like the Garden State! Stone Harbor is a gorgeous place.
    I am adding your blog to my blog list page and following you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for adding me Annie! I think I have added you!! Thanks for coming by and commenting also! Your blog design is wonderful..it makes me long for Stone Harbor!!!! :-) Have a great Wednesday!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings from NH. I would love to visit Gettysburg. I love American History and that particular battle spelled the end to the Civil War. I have some dear friends who live in your neighborhood (Zelienople). Glad that you don't have to travel as much.
    Thanks for visiting my blog page and for leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann,

    Thank you for dropping by last week. I am just now finding your comment that WP held for moderation in my 'Junk' folder. Anywho, it was great reading your responses to the Hodgepodge Q&A. Gettysburg would be a nice place to visit. If you like mewsic, then I hope you'll decide to join me on the dance floor today as we're boogieing to patriotic tunes! Have a safe & fun Inddpendence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...