Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty...

We had an exciting week here at work! I assist with the Wildlife Sustainability Team at work which ensures that we preserve land around our company for the wildlife that normally inhabits it. It is a wonderful cause and it is so much fun! We have turkeys, deer and many other wildlife you can imagine running free on the wooded areas near our buildings.
I am leading the Eastern Bluebird Monitoring program. Eastern bluebirds are different than just a blue bird.  We have nest boxes set up around campus and we monitor the number of new baby bluebirds that are hatched in our boxes each year. Nature can be cruel but it can also be very rewarding to watch baby birds grown and fledge!

How awesome, right?!??!

Well, this week was extra exciting since someone walking on the trail spotted a bobcat! They immediately shut the trail down and PA Wildlife Team. I am not sure what went down but I do not think anyone else every saw the bobcat. But, just in case I have an issue with it some day when I am out there; I googled it. They say to slowly back away and make really loud noises. I have to be honest, as a cat person, it would be really hard for me not to run up and try to pet it! LOL! They are super cute!
I will keep you posted but I honestly think that person just saw a fat, feral cat! LOL - HA HA!  I have hiked and camped a lot throughout the years and have never encountered any wildlife that tried to harm me; I have never seen big cats, bears or anything that could be considered a predator!

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!!

Are you a cat or dog person? Any close encounters for wildlife for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...