Thursday, June 7, 2018

I dont drink so why am I going to the Barre

Am I the only one that gets obsessed with things?? Not men or people but food and exercise?!?!
I get obsessed with a certain food (currently it is tzatziki and Greek chicken kabobs).  I then continue to eat that food for lunch and dinner everyday (I am single so I have no family to cook for) for about a two weeks until I am so sick of it I can not stand to see it! LOL!!
I do the same thing with exercise only I never get to the point that I am sick of it.

A few years ago I was obsessed with Zumba: I found this amazing gym!! It was a small gym with an amazing owner in a small town near my home. It was attended by some of the most supportive, friendly and wonderful women I have ever met! I went religiously EVERY night to multiple classes. Sadly, the owner had to close the studio and we all went our separate ways but I will never forget that place!!! Studio Fit rules even if it no longer exists!!!

Now that I am done traveling I have found a new obsession! It is Pure Barre.  And no, this is not a sponsored ad - LOL! I just really love it! I am going every night and doing multiple classes just like back then. The women are supportive and the instructors are wonderful! I am seeing improvements everyday! It is a lot of core and strength and very low impact which is important to me as I am getting up there in age! LOL! We plank and push up a lot - but everyday I can plank a few seconds more! I am obsessed!!
 It is a bit pricey but sooo worth to me to have some where that I am excited to go and work out! Also, no men so no need to look good. Although, everyone does but not me! LOL! I look like a homeless bum. My rational is why would I want to sweat all over my good workout clothes! HA!

Anyone else Barre? What is your exercise obsession? Do you change it up? Anyone else save their favorite workout clothes?

2 comments:

  1. My daughter is a Barre Code instructor and swears by it. I'm not really an exercise class fan (except for yoga) but I do really want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like yoga I think you will love it! It is so great for core strength and flexibility! You would kill class with a yoga background!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...