Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Day 6 Tuesday Nicaragua PM

Hi everyone!!! After a morning clinic in the Tisma area we drove to this church in Pilas Orientales.  This is the front altar of the church and it is also where we set up our Pharmacy. That is Mom in the picture in front of the pharmacy. The mission actually brought our lunch here and we had chicken fingers, homemade pico de gallo and beans and rice prior to the clinic starting.



You can see our lunch in the Tupperware containers on that table. And the woman with her hair in a bun is the pastor‘s wife. I was trying to feed the cats and they would not eat the cracker I gave them. The pastors wife took some of her plain rice and put it on the ledge of the wall and all the cats jumped up to eat it. These are just stray cats but apparently they hang around a lot. The cats here are not big fat cats like mine… Lol! Just about every animal here looks hungry to me.  I really wish I could’ve packed them all up and brought them home with me! 


These two adorable little kids came to the clinic with their mother. They were so appreciative of the beanie babies and socks. We also gave them a bunch of candy and bubbles.


Here’s a picture of another adorable little kid that came to the clinic with his mother. We gave out a lot of cars and things like that for the little boys too. You can see his mother holding his socks full of candy and him holding his truck. Look at that head of hair! So adorable!


Here’s a picture of the clinic in action…


Many of the churches where we had our clinics were rural areas where nobody else would go. They were very unkept, back roads. We were on one of these roads when a farmer came by with eight of his cows. We stopped our truck for them to go past us… Look at this tight squeeze - the cows are literally right up against our vehicle. Lol!


A lot of people ride on mopeds here. They said that they can drive for two weeks on one tank of gas on a moped. They ride with two people three people on mopeds and probably the same amount of people on pedal bikes. But they all ride on the road with the cars. There were so many times we were in tight quarters with mopeds and bikes. It is hard to believe that more people are not killed on these roads every day. I had never been happier to not be driving a car!

Well that’s today’s recap! I hope you all had a fantastic day and I’m sending so many hugs to you all!







2 comments:

  1. I just said the same thing about the animals... we are just so blessed here in the USA. Makes me feel so humble. Thank you and all volunteers who do clinics like this in so many places that don't have access to even the minimum needed to survive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Terri!!! I am sooo much more grateful just because of the experience! HUGS

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...