Monday, June 27, 2022

Patio Reading Anyone!?

Hi everyone! Happy Monday!

I’m officially back in the USA and settled at my home. It truly was an amazing trip but I’m really really happy to be home!

I will be spending the next couple days catching up on your blog post and seeing what everyone has been up to! While I do that I will be sitting on my deck.

Here is the current situation… Thank goodness I have an excellent cat sitter that takes care of watering everything while I am on vacation! She waters and feeds the cats and she also waters my plants! I am so grateful for her because I can take trips and know everything here is under control… She probably does a better job than I do myself!

I love my Clematis! I had a different purple one the past three years but it finally died this year. I had to replant this beautiful one at the beginning of the summer.



I only have the clematis and three other flowers. The whole rest of my patio is herbs. I use these all summer long to make some really fun recipes. Maybe one day I’ll do a post of all the recipes of things that I make with my herbs I grow.

Isn’t this one beautiful!?!? Love the color!!



And this one… I get one of these every year… The hummingbirds love this plant! The place I get it from grows them so large it takes up a whole side of my patio… It truly is my favorite plant next to my clematis!!



and here are all the herbs…they are all doing well this year with the exception of basil. I bought a basil plant with brown under leaves…the lady at the store told me that is would be fine once it got sun. Well I planted it between my other two basil plants and it turns out it had some kind of mold that basil gets. I was so angry within three days all of my basil plants were covered in molds and brown spots. Don’t ever listen to people at the store… Listen to your gut. I only purchase it because it was the last basil plant they had left - I should’ve listen to my gut! Ugh!!

I usually have A LOT of basil but I planted this little guy under the clematis and he’s the only basil plant that survived.


Here’s the curly parsley - I use this in my Tabouli


Here’s the sage…


Here’s the oregano….


And now the dill…this is delicious on potato’s and salmon!!


Here is the lemon oregano…


And then here is the rosemary…


Next is the mint planter…it has sweet mint on the sides and chocolate mint in the middle…yum!!!


Last but not least is my favorite tree that then I will be bringing in once winter comes… It is a pineapple guava tree. Fingers crossed I can actually get fruit from this someday!


I hope everyone is having a great Monday!! I am off to read what everyone has been up to!! 

Hugs to everyone!! Be grateful for both what you have and what you do not have!!!






10 comments:

  1. Always nice to be home. I'm amazed at the number of herbs you have grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely nice to be home Andrew! I started with two and then I just let myself get out of control! LOL!!! I am definitely a all or nothing person....HAHA! I use them daily and it is definitely my favorite part of summer! My basil is my favorite without a doubt!

      Delete
  2. Welcome home! Your herbs are amazing!!!!! Sleep great in your own bed tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that always the best Billie Jo!!!!! It is amazing how good that feels to lay in your own bed when you get home from a trip - I will not be taking things for granted for a while I am sure. It is also so nice to be able to get a cup of coffee in the morning in your PJs too! LOL!!! Have a fantastic week!!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! The patio is small but soo very cozy! Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  4. What adventures! Thanks for visiting.
    I have that same hanging fuschia plant. I love the hummingbirds. We have bears around and cannot keep up bird feeders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn!! Thank you for stopping by and commenting! Isn't the fuschia the absolute best?!?! I could not remember the name so thank you for that - I always want to call it a bleeding heart and I know that is not right. I would be terrified if we had bears - LOL! Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful collection of herbs you have there! Beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mitzi. I love just sitting on the patio and admiring the scent and the beauty of nature - even if it is on my tiny patio. HA! Hugs

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...