Sunday, June 12, 2022

End of Day 1

Once we arrived in Granada, Nicaragua via bus we checked into our hotel. We are staying at the Boutique Hotel Maharaja on the main street in Granada, Nicaragua. This adorable little cutie will greet you at the front desk. Her name is Gaby. She is named after the owner's assistant who is also amed Gaby. The owner of the hotel is Sr. Gupta and he is an amazing host!! He did everything in his power to make our stay like home and comfortable. 



I think I left this picture out of my last post… It is a picture of the whole group I came with (including my mother) in front of the active volcano here. 



Here are some hotel pics of our room…







This is the view the city from our hotel room. We are literally on the roof and can see up and over the city.

If you’re looking for luxury this is not a hotel for you. If you’re looking for an experience a lifetime this could be the place for you. There is no warm water for showers because everyone here finds it refreshing to take a cold shower. It was easy for me to get used to but my mother did not enjoy this part of our trip. Lol! The rooms here are very small but we are only in the room to sleep so it works well. Here are some pictures of the hallway leading to our room.










This is truly going to be a life experience!!

Hugs to everyone- have a great day - more to come!!!



4 comments:

  1. As long as it is clean...
    Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Love Gaby!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the one thing it was Terri!! LOL! It was very clean...just very sparse. The crazy part is it is considered extravagant in Nicaragua because most people have concrete or dirt floors. I loved Gaby too!! HUGS!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...