Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Schools Out For Summer!!

Hi everyone! I’m crawling my way out of a bit of a blogging funk. I try so hard to only post positive things and it was a pretty crazy, stressful, sad beginning to 2022. 

It was a pretty stressful semester in nursing school and my last post here in blog land was when I had to put my precious Nermal to sleep. I have to say both have been pretty rough. I think of Nermal daily and miss him daily. He was that cat that was on top of me snuggling every waking hour I was home. But I know he’s in a better place now and I definitely did the right thing for him.  Now no cat snuggles me… my remaining cats are more standoffish …I keep hoping that one day one of them is going to step up and start snuggling me… Ha ha! Fingers crossed!! Below is my sweet Nermie…




My clinical group the past semester was awesome! I had a great instructor and the best clinical classmates ever!!!! Here they are leaving our final clinical of the semester … me in the front, teacher in the fuzzy white jacket, Mable and Katie students like me!!! 




Missing from the Picture above is Caitlyn. She was my clinical bestie!!!  She found out she was pregnant prior to the start of the semester and went into labor two weeks before the end of the semester. Talk about a crazy semester of nursing school. Needless to say, she missed the final clinical week and has to finish up in the summer but here’s a picture of her, her husband and her new baby boy Maverick!!! Yay!!! 



As you can see below I finished with a 3.6 GPA for this semester so I will be on the Dean’s list! Yippee! I was hoping for straight A’s but I’m also very happy with my 3.6! If you look at my grades below; at least I’m trending upwards… Ha ha!





So the great news is I’m off school for summer! My final semester will be fall 2022 and then I will officially graduate from nursing school with my degree. Next step after that is to pass the NCLEX and get a real job again!

I will be working as a CNA at a local hospital in my area for the summer in the Med-Surg area. I am planning to work a few days a week and have my weekends off for lake visits with my parents.

One really awesome bit of news is that I will be heading to Nicaragua in the next few days. My mother and I will be going with my professor and a few other students on a nursing trip. We will be staying in Granada Nicaragua and traveling to remote villages each day to distribute medical supplies and to perform  standard first aid for the villagers. I am so excited as we’ve been planning this for so many months… It’s truly going to be a life experience. This made me realize I need to get back into blogging again! I’ve got to share this amazing experience with as many people as possible.

If you’re on my Instagram, then you know that I set up Venmo for people to donate. If you are looking for a great cause you can donate using my Venmo below and we will use ALL the monies to go directly toward medicine and medical supplies for the villagers. I will be blogging everything that we purchase so that you will be able to see everything that your donation went toward.  Apparently they are in dire need for prenatal vitamins and basic medicinal supplies.


So, that’s my update! I will be posting every night, if possible, from the hotel. I would love it if you follow my journey!! 

Sending so much love and so many hugs to everyone out there!!

Again, sorry for the long blogging break I think I am finally ready to come out of my shell again. It won’t be long and you will be begging me to take another break!!! Haha!!!

Have a spectacular day!!!

Hugs to everyone!!!


8 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry you had to make that decision for Nermie. It is the right one, but how it hurts.
    And congratulations on finishing your year - and on the Dean's List too.
    Have fun in Nicaragura. What a great and useful trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much for the kind words! I hope you are well!!!! It still aches every day - it is amazing how they truly are just as much a part of our families as humans are. He is missed everyday!! Thanks for the congrats also!!! I am so excited for Nicaragua and will definitely post as much as possible!!! HUGS - missed seeing those kind comments!!

      Delete
  2. I am sorry that Nermal has crossed over. Great job in school. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much Patrick for the kind words!! So happy we have crossed over to a social media friendship! I love seeing all your travels also!!! HUGS

      Delete
  3. It is SO good to get this catch-up post, Ann! I am really proud of you and God bless you and all nurses!! Do keep us posted about your mission trip and also your CNA work at the hospital this summer! I've missed you!! (I lost my Lucy a few months ago, so I know the pain of losing a fur-baby. Hugs!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you here but sorry about your cat and all the stress of studying. I think you're doing such a great job. Will be great to hear about all your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your semester! Good luck on your trip!

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...