Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Rocking some new appliances and REO Speedwagon

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday! Anyone else exhausted?!?! LOL! Buckle down everyone...this is a long post!!

As you saw in my last few posts, I had a great weekend filled with family and fun!  If you missed my weekend post you can see it HERE!

I am working backwards through the weekend - LOL!

The past weekend started out with a new dishwasher and that led to a new vacuum!

My dishwasher installer was awesome and he did an amazing job! This is the pathway I had cleared prior to his arrival so he could remove the old one and bring in the new one!The furniture was all shoved to the left - LOL!



My cats get freaked out when anything is different at all - so that BLEW their minds and they hid under the bed all day! LOL!

Here is the new beauty installed!!! LOVE IT! (Photos courtesy of GE website)



 Bottle washers!!! A win for my sports bottles!!
A top rack that goes up and down a full two inches to be able to wash taller things on the top or bottom!!! Yeah!

You know you are getting older when a dishwasher gets you excited! HA HA!

After taking out the old dishwasher, there was a huge mess so I started cleaning like a maniac (behind the old washer, behind the baseboards) and then the wheels fell off my vacuum! It is impossible to use a vacuum that does not roll around anymore so I ended up having to buy a vacuum too! UGH!

I actually found a great one at Walmart by accident! PS-THIS IS NOT A PAID ENDORSEMENT it truly is my own opinion and my own money!!

I had a Hoover before and it only lasted for two years before the wheels fell of so I decided to switch brands and try a Bissel this time! I LOVE IT! It was the second to the cheapest model and $60 less than a comparable Hoover and it is amazing! See how used it is already?!??! HA!


 It came with this awesome pet hair attachment that really works!!! As a cat person, I have tried them all and none of the pet hair attachments really work - this one truly does!  I am now obsessed with vacuuming - it takes every speck of cat hair off of beds, curtains, furniture and even the cat trees!!! It is worth the price of the entire vacuum!!! If you are in the market for a new vacuum try it - I swear - this is not a paid endorsement at all - I have received nothing from Bissel from this at all but this vacuum (and the pet hair attachment) is AMAZING!

This baby gets every hair from every surface!!!

And while I was showing you things - I decided to throw in a photo of this adorable cat food bowl!!! My niece (who is now 22) painted it for my very first cat Lucky. She put his name on it and also added a painted piece of food in the middle of the bowl (see it?) so Lucky would never be hungry!!!! How sweet was that?!?! She was and is still a wonderful young lady!! Love me some Jessica!
 And finally, this was my view walking into work this morning - LOL!!! We have corn hole boards that people can use at lunch or when they need a break from work and we have wild turkeys all over the campus! It looked like the turkeys were taking a break and playing some corn hole this AM! HA HA!

Saturday night was the time for the REO Speedwagon/Chicago concert at Starlake Amphitheater (it is actually Key Bank Pavilion now but everyone in Pittsburgh still calls it Starlake).

Here we are at our little family tailgate - LOL!!!

And this is the start of the show! REO Speedwagon was first and they were awesome! Everyone was so excited for all their hits and the entire audience sang along with every song! They played all the best hits! Soooo good!

And then the craziness began!

Between the two bands a sick public display happened!!  Sadly, we had a spectacle two rows in front of us...UGH! I have a video of a 60 something woman so drunk that she peed herself! She was in jean shorts and a belly shirt and was so trashed her daughter was embarrassed. She stood up and was dancing all over her neighbors and everyone behind her (us included) watched her pee herself and not realize it or care - ICK!!! If you follow me on Facebook you saw the spectacle! Seriously feel bad for the woman's daughter and hope the woman gets some help!! THAT is not social drinking! ICK!

THEN - It was time for Chicago to take the stage and they played for about an hour but never played ONE SINGLE TOP TEN HIT!!!???? We were waiting to hear Hard To Say I'm Sorry, You're the Inspiration, Stay the Night or Saturday in the Park!!!  They played a bunch of psychedelic music with no lyrics and explained between LONG, never-ending songs that they would get to their top ten hits later?!?! WHAT!?!?! It turns out that they decided to play everything BUT their hits! LOL!!!

I thought it was just us and a few others that walked out early too that felt this way this but here is the OFFICIAL REVIEW!!! We decided to leave after an hour of "not what we came to hear".

We got our moneys worth just from REO though - REO Speedwagon was that good!!!

Thanks for a great concert REO Speedwagon - You rock!!!! Chicago...not so much anymore...

Thanks for sticking with me through that long post and thanks for reading!! I hope you all have an amazing week!!!! Hugs!

Anyone else love some REO? What song takes you back to high school? Do you have a favorite band from back then? Any handmade items you cherish from a loved one?




7 comments:

  1. That's disappointing about the drunk and the Chicago portion of the concert (I've seen them about 7 times now and never once did I not hear a hit.. that's odd!!!)
    And good to know about the vacuum. I have 4 animals (3 cats, 1 dog) and I am SURROUNDED by fur! It's a never ending battle. I may need to look into this! Congrats on the new dishwasher too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Desiree! I promise you will thank me on the vacuum! It is actually one of the cheaper models too!! You will love it with pets! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. What a week! (The good, the bad and the drunk). That cat bowl is adorable! Such a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was was a good week - the drunk lady was such a shame!!! If she only knew how many people were aware of her accident - UGH

      Delete
  3. What a shame that drunk woman made such a horrid spectacle of herself. I do feel sorry for her daughter (and everyone who had to watch). Glad REO gave you a good concert and sorry to hear Chicago bombed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a shame Terri! I agree and we all felt horrible for her daughter! Hugs!

      Delete
  4. The concert I went to was REO Speedwagon and Boston. Boston played some old songs and then some new songs. The new songs were HORRIBLE like 20 minute long instrumentals. Sounds very similar!

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...