Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Black & White Memories

Today I am joining in with Terri for her Cherish the Memories...



Recently a co-worker that lives near an orchard has been leaving me a peach at my desk each day. It reminded me of my Aunt Laura and Uncle Chris.  They had a peach orchard in Stone Creek, Ohio when we were kids and we would go there and eat peaches right off the trees! YUMMY!!!

This is my Aunt Laura and Uncle Chris in a photo taken in front of my Grandmother Wells' house. They were such great people; they had no kids but they ran that orchard and made wine in their basement! Aunt Laura was always so nice to all of us kids and it was always fun to go to their house and explore outside and tease their dog that was always chained up outside next to his dog house! We were not allowed to go near him (he was Uncle Chris's hunting dog) so I assume he was not friendly. LOL!



Thanks for organizing this Terri...I think this will be a fun walk down memory lane each week!


11 comments:

  1. Peaches are actually one of the few fruits I enjoy! (Trying to wrap my mind around peach wine, tho … lol!) Your aunt and uncle made a handsome couple, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were a sweet couple!!! We were not allowed to try it so I have no idea but my family seemed to enjoy it :-)

      Delete
  2. Must have been some mighty fine wine! Sweet story. My Grandpa McCoy also kept a couple of hunting dogs in the barn. They weren't dogs to play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I guess that was a thing back then, hugh? Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day! Hugs!

      Delete
  3. I love black and white photos. Soo cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love this idea from Terri!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Not sure about peach wine, but I do love fresh peaches! That's a great photo of your aunt & uncle and I loved your memories of them!! Stone Creek... another very small town in Ohio! Thanks so much for joining in today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for organizing Terri! It is a great idea and so fun to see everyone's photos!!! Have a great day!!!

      Delete
  5. Several of my relatives who lived in the country kept outside dogs, too. They were great watchdogs, but so happy to receive any love and attention that we were allowed to play with them. I really need to get to the farmer's market for some peaches. I came across a peach pie oatmeal cookie recipe that I really "need" to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Stacy!!! That recipe sounds amazing!!! Peach oatmeal cookie...all my favorite things!! Let me know how it turns out!!! Have a great day - thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  6. My uncle had a pen with hunting dogs in it. Always seemed sad to me!

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...