Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Nutrition and Beach Glass Art

Does anyone else struggle to get back into life after vacation?!?! I am joining in with Wellness Wednesday to discuss my "FUNK"-LOL!

I swear it takes me a while week to be able to get focused and back into work and life. I guess that means I was relaxed...not sure?!?!

Well, I have been back for three days now and I am on the struggle bus!! I just want to return to the beach!!!

I have gotten back into having my spinach and kale shake in the mornings and I am feeling more energy from them I think. Does anyone else have a nutrition shake during the day?  I also added collagen peptide powder in my coffee and a turmeric pill every day for inflammation and pain in my joints. In case you are new to my blog, I have psoriatic arthritis and my knees are shot due to many years of running overweight and the degeneration and arthritis.

Here is the contents of my shake...

Kale-about 1 1/2 cup compressed
Spinach-about 1 1/2 cup compressed
2 T (flax seed, chia seed, hemp seed, gogi berries) I have these all mixed together in equal parts in a Tupperware.
1 T beet powder
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
add water to fill and then grind on the nutrabullet

Here is the finished product as I am drinking it at work!!



It tastes okay and I know I am getting the nutrition I am looking for from it. I would love to hear what you use in your shake!! My sister makes shakes for her kids and uses yogurt...I am not a sweet shake kind of girl. Any ideas on what I could add would be appreciated!

The one thing that is keeping me together this week is my new art projects!!! I started making these adorable beach glass art pictures in frames. I am using all of the glass I have collected over the past few years at the Great Lakes and Oceans on vacation! I think everyone in my family wants one now but here are a few of the examples I have made so far!!!!  They are in my ETSY HERE!!!




I hope everyone has a great day!!!! I cant wait to read all of everyone elses posts!!!

Anyone else have a nutrition shake each day? What do you put in yours? Anyone else collect shells or glass at the beach?





4 comments:

  1. Okay I would rather eat the pretty sea glass than that smoothie. If you eat spinach and berries regularly isn't that enough? I couldn't do that drink. I eat 3 servings of veggies a day. I have to quit at pulsing it. :-) The sea glass art is lovely. Ah, to have talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Margaret!! That's funny! I agree but it forces e to get my kale and spinach! LOL! Thanks for the sweet comments and for stopping by! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. No nutrition shakes for me. Your sea glass art pieces are quite lovely! You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! It is really so fun to do...I have realized it is very relaxing for me!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...