Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Aladdin!

What a great night I had last night! I needed a great night out and last night really came through!  I spent the evening with a great friend of mine that I had not seen for probably at least a year! In the past we have gone to conferences together and hung out a lot more but with my travel the past two years, we have not been able to hang out nearly as much!

We met up in Pittsburgh for dinner and a show. I have season tickets for the PNC Broadway in Pittsburgh series and last night was the show that closed out the season this year...Aladdin.

We met up at the Starbucks and decided to have dinner at Peter Allen's Italian in, what we in Pittsburgh, call the Cultural District. They are known for their fried zucchini so we could not resist getting that! After browsing the menu, we decided to get a few appetizers to share.  We had the fried zucchini, stuffed mushrooms and shrimp cocktail. We were both really hungry and it was all so delicious that this was the only picture I got - ugh! One of everything left just in time for the photo - LOL!  Bad, Bad Blogger!



After our dinner we walked around town a little bit since we were stuffed and it was such a beautiful night and then off to the show we went!  Aladdin was amazing!

Here is our obligatory photo before the show with the playbill!!! I am on your left and Laura on your right.

Disney does the greatest job with sets and costumes! It was a fantastic show! The dancing and costume changes never stopped!!! I loved all the bling!!! The costumed were covered from head to top in shiny gems and glistening sequins! It was a beautiful show and the cast was fantastic!!! The singing and dancing was non-stop! The cast had to be exhausted!! They all had abs and by the end we could see why!!! HA HA!

It was a great night spent with a great friend!! I hope you all have an amazing Wednesday!!

 Anyone else ever see Aladdin on Broadway? Do yo have a "local" Broadway in your town?  Do you love Disney or not so much? Fried zucchini, yes or no?!?!


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really was Julie - a much needed night out! Have a great week!!!

      Delete
  2. What a great time you had!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Terri! It was wonderful! Hugs!!! Have a great day!!!

      Delete
  3. How exciting. I've wondered about seeing that musical. I'm so happy you saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great musical Debby! I had never even seen Aladdin the movie and now the musical has made me really want to see it! My friend said the movie followed the story line of the movie somewhat so now I am dying to see the movie! I LOVED THIS MUSICAL and I did not think I was going to! The genie stole the show! :-)

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...