Thursday, October 10, 2019

I am a clown!!!

I had the best day of work EVER on Monday! 

I volunteer every year for the Variety Halloween Party at work and this year is going to be the best ever! This year myself and two others volunteered to make balloon animals and hats for the kids that attend.

"Otis the Clown" came to our work and we had a four hour meeting with him to learn how to make hats, animals, swords, etc. It was awesome! I am soooo excited to get to do this!

Here is the first thing he taught us...the classic dog hooked to a hat. We are supposed to attach everything to a hat or wheelchair arm so the parents are not stuck carrying the balloons the whole party! Makes sense!



Another dog...I added eyes with a sharpie...



A halo hat!! This is my favorite..it is adjustable and can be made in any color!!


A sword holster....perfect to put over the kids shoulder and hold the balloon sword...PS -- we never make a sword just for the kids; Otis says always make one for the parent too so the kid has someone to sword fight with - smart, right?!?!


This is supposed to be a hat with Mickey ears. The theme of the party this year is Disney. The ears are the white part for practice however; to make Mickey Mouse the day of the party; the white will be black.


Here is me wearing my crazy crown hat I made! These can be all different colors, etc.  We have hearts and smiley face balloons to attach to the top.


And finally - the standard flower!! I think this is my favorite!!! PS - that is "Otis the Clown" in the background. He was a fantastic teacher!


We learned a crazy hat with a spider on top! It's Halloween of course! This is Ryan wearing the hat...he will be clowning with me!


And a ghost in keeping with the Halloween theme!


At the end we were just experimenting to see what things we could come up with...Otis made this monkey in a tree!! I love it! It has found a home at my desk at work!!! HA HA!


Here is a basic crown hat...I foresee a lot of these in my future on party day!


What a fantastic day! Thanks to Otis for being such a great teacher! I can not wait until the day of the party!!!

If you want to see previous years parties check them out here...


2013
2014
2015
2016
2018

I hope you all have a fantastic day!!! HUGS HUGS HUGS!




31 comments:

  1. Seems like adults had good fun enjoying children things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun and I love the balloon designs. I'm looking forward to all the pictures from party day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, that is fun! What an awesome party you will be having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ann, you have mad skills in the balloon department. They are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job!
    Funny, I was just lamenting how I'm not able to blow up balloons for the next two weeks (oral surgery), and I come here and see all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHH MYYY GOSHHH - I'm so jealous! How fun is this! You'll be a hit at every party from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, what a fun time you had! I love all of the balloons and I would enjoy a class on making them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm guessing the adults are having more fun than the kids will. That's a good thing.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun day you had. I hope you can remember all the tricks for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are all so cool. How fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...