Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Variety Covestro Halloween Party 2018

WOW!!!! Hi everyone!!! I am still on a high from the Halloween party this past Saturday! A HUGE thank you to Covestro and Variety Children's Charity for allowing me to participate again this year!

What an amazing day! I was so blessed to be a part of it!!!

Prepare for A LOT of photos!!!

Here is where my pumpkin is sitting right now...she looks so pretty on my patio!!!


Guess what?!??!?! I won!! First place in the pumpkin contest!!! We set all the decorated pumpkins out and the kids get to put their ticket with their favorite pumpkin and we count the number of votes each one got!! My strategy won!!!! They loved unicorn and she won first place!! First time I have ever placed! HA! Here is a close up of her...

 I won a gift card to Amazon - yippee!!!

Here is a look into the DJ and dance floor area!! That is our DJ - he is awesome every year!

The dance floor and seating from behind...
 Here is the completed Millennium Falcon! This thing in huge - they are leaving it up until the end of the year. We have a Breakfast with Santa and they will use it for that also. Thanks goodness since this was sooo much work for the STEM team!

Here is the finished product of my ceiling - remember the last post - up and down the ladder...here is why...HA! I hung all those dangling things...HA!

Here is the front of the dancefloor...

And the cafeteria...


Another shot of the cafeteria...

Entryway with adaptive bikes...

A shot of the doorway on the side of the building...

And a hallway...there was not an inch of the cafeteria that was not decorated!!

I love the food names this year...there was Jedi Jello...

Princess Leia's pudding...

Decorated cupcakes and cookies...

There was Padawan Pizza...

Storm Trooper Chicken Tenders and Chewbacca Mac N Cheese...

 Here is a close up of the cookies...so super cute!!!!

And we had crafts around the room for the kids to entertain themselves.  They could make a Halloween Pet Magnet...

Make a Tissue Paper Monster...

Make a Magic Scratch Zombie...

And put their thumbprint on a vase that is given to the CEO of Covestro and other helpful individuals...

Here are me and my friend Kathy from work that does this every year with me. She is the Storm Trooper and I am the short, chubby lady riding the unicorn!! HA HA!

Me alone!! I loved my costume and the kids did too!!!

Here are two other employees posing in front of the Millennium Falcon...

These little girls wanted their picture me - I was flattered every single time someone wanted me in the picture - BEST COSTUME EVER! I love these kids!!!

This was the only other blowup at the party! It was a sibling of one of the variety families...awesome!!!!

Thanks to Covestro and Variety for allowing me to participate again this year! I am so blessed to have found this wonderful charity to donate my time and energy to! Love these kids!!!

14 comments:

  1. You did all this? Wow Ann, great job. Looks like fun. I love Halloween, best holiday of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh No Margaret! Me and about 100 other volunteers from work. I played a very small part...a few prep sessions and a day and 1/2 for setup. Soooo much fun though! I think we volunteers enjoy it as much as the kids and their families!

      Delete
  2. Your pumpkin and costume were adorable, no wonder you won the pumpkin contest! So nice!! There is incredible attention to detail in those decorations. WOW! Looks like it was a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill! I love cute over scary...and I don't know anything about Star Wars so I went way off topic this year but at least the kids liked it!!!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful event!! Love your unicorn costume and your pumpkin! Good plan!! Good job!! A blessing or the kids and all those volunteering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was an awesome day filled with smiles and laughter fro the kids and that is definitely what it is all about Terri!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Very nice pumpkin. I'm glad you won 1st place. What a spread at the party and the costumes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby! It was the easiest pumpkin I ever decorated! HA! I may default to it every year!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. What a cool party. A very nice pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!!! It really was a cool party and the kids were thrilled!

      Delete
  6. What a bash - I want to party with you guys!
    And what a special event for the kids. Congrats on the pumpkin win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the congrats!!! It was a great day for the kids, families and probably even more so for the volunteers!! My heart was soooo full!!!

      Delete
  7. That costume is awesome and I love the pumpkin congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie!!! It made my whole month! Hugs and have a great week!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...