Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Recap of Variety Halloween Party

I have been busy this week so it has taken forever to get this post ready!!! 
 
This year I again got to be a part of the Covestro / Variety Charity Halloween Party! It is such a blessing to participate and spend time with the amazing kids and families that attend!!!  It was such a great time! I can not say enough about what this charity does for special needs children and their families! They provide bikes to children that otherwise would not be able to ride one and voices to those that otherwise would not have one! This party is their opportunity to trick or treat with other kids and not have to feel challenged or judged!!!
 
Click below to see previous years excitement...
 
 
As you know, I enter the pumpkin contest every year. Last year I cecorated a pumpkin to look like a sweet little unicorn and I won first place!! YEAH!!!
 
So, this year I just went for what won last year...bling, color and sequins. Sadly, it did not work as well this year and I did not even place but it was SO fun!! Here is my pumpkin after I painted it red!
 
Then I drew on my cat face...
 
 
 
Added sealing lacquer paint and lots of glitter!! 

And finally sequin horns and a black furry boa...say hi to my cat devil pumpkin! HA HA!
 
 
The day of the party, the cafeteria looked amazing! I usually help decorate but with my travel for work I was unable to assist with any setup so it was all a wonderful surprise to me last Saturday!!! The theme was Disney this year! 
 
 
Soooo cool!!!!! 

Here are the adorable centerpieces. Covestro makes polyurethane so they produce little beads of many different colors that can be blended together. They used the beads inside the centerpieces along with lights to make Minnie Mouse heads!!! So cute and creative!




And Mickey Mouse - se, no bow!?!?! So super cute!

I just thought these were so cute and creative! 

This is the STEM location when they do little fun experiments with the kiddos! An Covestro employee built this entire wall, the toybox and blocks, etc. and painted it all. He is amazing! Shout out to Steven!!

Above is the right side of the wall and pictured below is the left. Is this not amazing??! Like a real life castle for the kiddos!!!!  Se that clock on the far far left? Well, Steven actually painted an Easter Egg into the display (Easter Egg meaning secret that you have to figure out). He made Big Ben (the clock from London) on the far left of the display with Peter Pan and he set the clock to 7. Get it?!?! Big Ben here in Pittsburgh is Ben Roethlisberger #7 on the Steelers!! Cute, hugh???
 
 
Here is table one of the pumpkins...see my devil face there?!?! HA!


And table two of the pumpkin competition. Every one of the Disney movie paintings was done by an art student at University of Pittsburgh. Every year; an art teacher assigns his class to make artwork for the party. So cool, right?!?!

Here is another of the artwork created...
 
And another….
 

These last three pictures are all from the picture room where the families get to get their pictures together... 

The art students do such a great job!!!!!!
 
 
I did not get nearly the pictures  usually do since I was busy making balloon animals and hats the entire time for both parties!! Here are our pre-filled ones we were prepping before the party! We were definitely the busiest table there!! Such fun! The kids loved the hats and animals!!! My favorite was Felicity who loved my cat I made for her even though it was a dog...she had it meowing the entire party!!! These children and their families truly are amazing!!!

Lastly, remember that dog that I made that was a cat....well, in between the two sessions we googled how to make a cat and learned how to make these! So, the second session when they wanted a cat ...they actually got a cat! HA HA!

Great to have a profession to fall back on when my job ends! HA HA!
 
Have a fantastic day everyone! HUGS!
 
What is your hidden skill?? Tie cherry stem with tongue? Balloon animals? Burp on command? Etc? Come on...you know you have one!
 
 














31 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you are part of such a special group. And the party with all those special table decorations I'm sure was amazing. I love your RED pumpkin devil cat guy!!!! I can't imagine what the winners were like because yours is just amazing!!!! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving a comment. Please drop in again sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheri for all the wonderful compliments! The pumpkin carving gets more and more competitive every year! The party is such a wonderful event that we all look forward to every year! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. OOPS...forgot you asked about any special skill. Hmmm...I'm sitting here thinking and not coming up with much!!! I definitely can't do any of the things you suggested. Only thing that comes to mind is that I am TOTALLY GREAT at ORGANIZING most anything! In fact, I love to organize....anything & everything. Does that count?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organizing is an amazing skill!!! I have been working on getting better at this a lot lately!! If it comes naturally to you then you definitely HAVE A GREAT SKILL!!! Enjoy the day - hugs!

      Delete
  3. What a great party for the kids. I love your pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - it was not as good as last years but I loved it!! HUGS - have a great day!

      Delete
  4. I have no talent hidden or otherwise sadly
    LOVE your pumpkin Ann! This sure looks like a fun event and a good cause. You can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Margaret! It was a great time and the kids had a blast which is definitely the most important thing!! HUGS - have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Well your pumpkin might not have won but I think it's pretty spectacular. That sounds like a fun party and the decorations are great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann that is a really sweet compliment! The party was incredible - the pictures do not do it justice this year!! Have a fantastic week!!! HUGS

      Delete
  6. Your pumpkin is great and should have at least been placed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Andrew!!! I agree but the kids are the ones that vote and they did not agree. HA HA! It get a bunch but not enough to place. Thanks for the compliment though! Have a great week!

      Delete
  7. Looks like a really awesome and fun party! Love that you're able to help those kids out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a fantastic time! The kids had a blast and that is ultimately what matters! Have a fanatic week Stacy!!! HUGS

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful event. I loved all the decorations and I think your pumpkin was too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Arlene! I liked it too even if it did not place! HA HA! It was a great time and the kid had a blast! Have a great week ahead!! HUGS

      Delete
  9. What a fabulous party/event your company put on for the kids and their families! Where did they get the Disney cutouts in the first picture? Love the Dumbo one! Your pumpkin was very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Robin!!! I think they said they bought those online somewhere. Are they not the sweetest things ever??!?? Thanks for the kind words on the pumpkin - i loved it too! Have a fantastic week - HUGS!

      Delete
  10. So very cool. What a cool event. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Patrick! Have a fantastic week ahead!

      Delete
  11. So cool to be able to do balloons. What a great event. I love all the pictures and your pumpkin is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! It really was a fantastic time and I am happy to have learned a new skill in the process. Who knows, when my company site closes....I may just have to fall back on party entertainment! HA HA!

      Delete
  12. I love the party photos. Disney is always fun. I think you pumpkin looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby! That is so very sweet of you! Have a fantastic week! HUGS

      Delete
  13. I actually dont have a hidden skill.. I dont think. I gotta think about that.
    Love all things Disney!!! its all so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh come on now - there is definitely something for a hidden skill!!! Everyone has one!!! Think think think...loving Disney is a start!!!! Can you do Mickey's voice? Pluto?? LOL! Thanks for reading!! HUGS! Have a great week! I know that skill will come to you soon!

      Delete
  14. They all look so cool. I like the little ghosties, they are so fun. I don't know how much they celebrate Halloween here. I will find out next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Mara - I hope they go all out - it is such a fun holiday! HUGS - have a great week!

      Delete
  15. Oh my! That is so very awesome! We don't do Halloween much in Hawaii like we did in Illinois. I do miss the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you have Hawaii and that is definitely better than Halloween - HA HA! I recently went to Kauai and was blown away with the beauty I did not want to leave. Have a fantastic week! HUGS

      Delete
  16. Amazing as usual! What was the winning pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...