Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Great Race Weekend and Dad's Birthday

I am sooo happy to say that my family came to town two weekends ago! That tells you how behind I am on posts.

Here are my babies prior to the family arriving...this is funny because as soon as someone comes to visit at my condo all the cats hide with the exception of Nermal (the one laying at the top of the tower). The other cats literally disappear for the entire weekend. LOL. 

I think they sneak out from under the bed at night to eat and that is it! HA HA!


My family always comes to visit in Pittsburgh in September. When they are here we get to celebrate my father's birthday every year! Here we are singing in my condo...


Just another view of the birthday boy! He and my mother both turned 76 this year! I hope and pray I look as good as them when I hit that age...they are the epitome of good health too!


The night they came into town we went ad checked out Top Golf! It was great! It is soo much fun and so close to my house - I plan to be here more often!


The whole  reason they come to town is to run the Pittsburgh Great Race. We do this every year as a family and we have a walking group and a running group. This year my father and I could not run so I waited at the finish and cheered everyone home with my father. My brother's family usually joins in on the fun but he was out of town and the timing did not work for them this year. Also, have to shout out to my nephew - he had hockey tryouts ad could not make it this year ad he and my brother in law were missed!

Here is their adorable race photo at the start line...it is my sisters, my mother and my nieces.


Here are my two adorable nieces passion the finish line...aren't they soooo super cute!??! Go Kyleigh and Aly!!


Here my nieces are with the signs I made them to cheer them on!!!!!!!!


Here is my mother passing the finish line! Look at her go...76 and killing it!!!! I idolize that woman for all she is and all she does!


And here are my sisters crossing the finish!! Goooo ladies...love you both!


It was a fantastic weekend and we look forward to this family time every year!

Happy birthday Mom and Dad!!! LOVE YOU!!!


18 comments:

  1. ♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday to your Mom and Dad,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you.♪♫

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandee - that is so sweet of you! Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  2. I love how tight knit you guys are. A great day of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - me too! They actually mean the whole world to me! Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  3. my smile started with the cat tower and the more I scrolled the more I smiled. your family is amazing and beautiful and everyone looks so full of JOY....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sooo super sweet Sandra! Thanks for saying that...I totally love every one of them they are my whole world! My Mom has always stressed us being together as much as possible and now I understand why! Have a fantastic week!

      Delete
  4. Your cats are living in style. Happy Birthday to your dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Ann??? They actually have more furniture than I do - HA HA! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Belated birthday wishes to your parents! I would not have taken them for being in the 70s. It looked like everyone had a fabulous weekend. What is Top Golf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin - I love them all sooo much! Top Golf is golf from a high platform and you try to hit the ball into targets. They are electronically tracked and you get scored on hitting targets. Sooooo cool!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. That's amazing your mom is still running! My mom is about 10 years younger and probably couldn't walk it lol.

    I need that cat tower! Buster is my company cat and Lucy is like OMG hide! We'll see how the kittens do, no one really comes over but my one friend lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - the cats love it Julie - I actually have about five around my condo...HA! Spoiled cats!! HA! You can get them on Groupon pretty cheap - they are fun to put together too! :-)
      Have a great week Julie! HUGS

      Delete
  7. Wow I hope I'm half as fit as that when I get to that age. Your cats are so cute. Hope they survived the visit. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I think too Wendy! Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  8. Wow! What a fun weekend you had! Such a blessing that everyone gets together for the race and your mom is AMAZING! Blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri! You are so very sweet! I love following you daily on FB too. So happy you are healing well! Have a great week!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...