Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Jackson’s Mill Fall 2019

I spent this past weekend with friends at a spiritual Conference in West Virginia. It is always such a great time. It is held at Jackson's Mill 4H Camp and we try to go three times a year! I get to room with my awesome friend Laura every time and we are perfect roomies together!

This year was amazing weather the entire weekend! Hot and sunny and no rain at all! Perfect weather for walking around in the country and hanging with 300 of your favorite people!! Here is a picture in front of one of the old, original log cabins that stand on the site.



Below is a picture across the campus...this is the mess hall were we go to eat every meal. It is all included in the price for the weekend and the food is amazing!! It is served family style at each table so you pass the bowls of food around to everyone at your table. It is also all you eat so you can really overeat if you do not watch yourself...here is the menu everytime...

Friday Lunch - Vegetable soup, ham salad or chicken salad on bread or croussants and side salad.
Friday Dinner - Fried Chiken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn
Saturday Breakfast - cereal, toast, oatmeal, eggs, sausage patties, sausage gravy and biscuits
Saturday Lunch - Lasagna and garlic bread and side salad
Saturday Dinner - Roast beef,mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans 
Sunday Breakfast - cereal, toast, oatmeal, eggs, bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits

Delish, right!?!?! See that theme...GRAVY! YUM!




This is the theme for the weekend!


A picture of some of my very favorite people! That lady that photo bombed in the back with glasses was hilarious! She is sooo super funny - one of my favorite people!


This is my friend and roomie Laura indicating the Lodge where we stay each time w go.



Here is another view of the campus...


And another...



I just instantly relax as soon as we drive up to these gates....


Every time we visit we stop at the Jane Lew Truck Stop to get a picture in front of this painting. It is a painting by Charlotte Gerlach of the Civil war with Jesus right in the middle of it with a gun. It is my opinion that it is Jesus but I have not confirmed that with the painter and many do not agree with me. But I make them visit every time and get a picture. This time, we added three new friends to the trip; Stu on the far left and Robyn in purple and Paula on the far right behind Laura. Paula agrees with me that it is Jesus...I only need confirmation from one and she is it! Someday I hope to connect with Charlotte Gerlach and find out for sure. Let me know if you know her! I am pointing to Jesus in the picture.


We stopped off at the Trans-Atlantic Insane Asylum since we were all out and about in Bruce's minivan.  The asylum in closed and they do historical and scary tours. We opted for historical since I wanted to sleep at night. Here are Bruce and Stu posing with a lovely cut out lady...



And here is our whole crew out front for a picture. If you have never been here; you should check it out. In the Fall they have a haunted house and also a fall festival going on out in front - it is awesome! If it is not fall, they still off tours all year round.

This is Laura waiting for our tour to begin in her favorite chair......

This is what they used to do shock therapy on patients...check out the sign....crazy that this was therapy!!! UGH!

Here is a close up of what it says...

Here is a photo from the inside of the grounds...the shorter right side of that building was built before the civil war and housed those injured by PTSD in the civil war (although it was not called that then)

Picture of the building that housed rooms and patients.

Another...


After the tour we went back to Jackson's Mill. That evening after dinner and speaker (which was Paula actually) we had an awesome sing along on the outside patio of the speaker hall!

It was a perfect end to a perfect weekend! I can not wait until the Winter Round Up!!

I hope you all have a fantastic week ahead!! HUGS to you all!



27 comments:

  1. The Jymnal - that's funny
    What a beautiful place to just relax & take in all the heart of the messages... & to be with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and always is fantastic and SO SPIRITUAL! Come home totally charged! Have a great week Rebecca Jo! HUGS

      Delete
  2. I bet this place is haunted. :-)
    Looks like beautiful surroundings Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it definitely is! They did horrible things to patients back then and people just dropped off their kids and wives and committed them for no reason - crazy stuff!They have haunted tours but I wanted to be able to sleep so we just went for the historical one - HA HA! We had done the creepy one before - it was horrifying! I slept with the lights on for months! Have a great day Margaret!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful weekend and you are right about the food. I would have dived off my diet in a minute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Arlene - who can diet with gravy, potatoes and all that comfort food!?!?!?! HA HA! Have a fantastic week! HUGS

      Delete
  4. It sounded like a fabulous weekend! What a beautiful area you were in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Robin - it is a very beautiful place and it holds a special place in my heart! HUGS - have a great week!

      Delete
  5. How fun and I did see that theme...potatoes and gravy. You had me there. I'm glad you had a great weekend.

    Have a fabulous day, Ann. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Sandee?? How can you remain on a diet with that menu?!?!? LOL! It is all delicious comfort food! YUM! And the fellowship is over the top! HUGS

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend. But your visit to the asylum ...chilling

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your weekend sounds like it was wonderful!! Thanks for sharing the fun and all the photos! I have never been there. I would opt for the ghost tour!! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun weekend! I can't believe I've never heard of any of those places. It would be neat to explore the asylum but I would skip the haunted stuff, too. It's creepy enough watching it on TV! Glad you had such a good time and came back refreshed. I love those retreat weekends and the "high" you're on when you come home. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a nice time and wonderful weather. The food sounds awesome! Enjoyed all of your photos. That was a very interesting stop you made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...