Monday, November 5, 2018

Weekend Wrap-up

Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

If you follow my blog then I am sure you can guess how my weekend was spent! LOL!

I spent a day moving furniture back into the completed guest bedroom. We finished the flooring in there and I slowly but surely got everything moved back in. I then started clearing out the furniture from my bedroom to clear it out for my parents arrival.

My parents came for a day over the weekend and helped me remove the carpeting and padding in my bedroom and we actually got the entire floor completed too! The next day I measured and cut all the molding and used this awesome little tool to put the molding around the room! This brad nailer made it so quick and easy - thanks Dad!



There is a close of of my new favorite tool and the flooring with the molding attached!This baby shoots the nails at top speed into the molding - it was soooo super fast!

 I was a little disappointed during the furniture moving....a few years ago I purchased this dresser from Levin Furniture. I had it delivered and installed. The delivery guys moved it into place and attached the HUGE mirror to the dresser. Well, when it came time to take it apart to get the carpet out; we realized they did a horrible job installing the mirror. No joke - the mirror weighs no less than 50 pounds and they screwed it right under the top of the dresser! There is a picture of the damage to the dresser below. I was so ticked off! You would never know until you lifted the mirror!!!

Here is the very heavy mirror from the back...

And here is where they screwed it into the back of the dresser!!! UGH!!!!

And the damage to the top of the dresser on both sides!!!

I took pictures because I plan to stop down and show them the damage even though it is a little late - hopefully I can stop someone else from getting the same done to their new dresser! I am a walking example of "If you want something done right; do it yourself".

 And, here is the completed room put back together!!!! I love it so much...now off to the hallway!!!

Thanks again Mom and Dad! You are awesome and amazing and helped me SOOOOO much!!!

I spent all day Sunday doing nothing! HA! I made a Target run for a few things (cat treats, fruit, etc.) and spent the rest of the day watching my Steelers win and catching up on all my shows I taped from the week!!! I am obsessed with A Million Little Things, Survivor, and This Is Us!!! And Mom, Sheldon, Big Bang...lol!!!!

PS - It's a long rant!!!!!  HA! HA!  I purchased that horrible GE dishwasher from Lowe's and put it on a Lowe's card to get free financing for 6 months. If you have not heard you can read about the horrible experience HERE.  After realizing last month that they did not record my payment I sent electronically;  I researched and got a copy of the payment and submitted it online to them. After a few weeks, they recorded the payment and removed all extra charges. Now, this month I looked at my statement and somehow from out of nowhere they added another $1.41 finance charge. I should not have any extra charges - I paid over the amount due and also early! I again called customer service to get it removed. After they removed it, I decided that it is not worth policing what I am charged on the statement each month so I decided to simply pay it off and grind the card! Again, I will NEVER do business with Lowe's again! I am frustrated beyond belief that the claim is still pending and that every month they screw up my billing. So ,my bad, take my money for the VERY last time LOWES...the card will be shredded when I get home today!!!! I am grateful I have the money available so I can just get this experience with Lowe's over with!

PSS- My flooring is from Home Depot and I am installing it myself for this very reason! LOL!

Rant over...sorry :-(

Have a great Monday y'all!!!!!

Ever attempt a home project that worked out better than you though? How about one that failed? How was your weekend? Have you ever struggled with a company's customer service over and over? What company please??

14 comments:

  1. The room looks great! Seems there aren't too many places that actually take pride in their products and customer service anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! And yes, I completely agree~~it is as if no company cares anymore! UGH

      Delete
  2. Oh man - that bites about the screw going in crooked & cracking the furniture. That's the worst!!!!
    Your floors look amazing!!! You are really making me want to start pulling up my carpet like yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca Jo! It is really turning out way better than I expected! Have a great week!!!

      Delete
  3. I admire you so much for taking on these renos yourself!! I have so much I'd like to do around my house but I always say I don't have a man to do it for me, and I can't afford to hire anyone to do it. You are a true example of girl power!! You GO!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jill! I used to say that and then I realized how much fun projects are and how easy they are if you have the right tools! You can even rent everything so you don't have to keep it around for nothing after your project is done! You can do it too - I PROMISE! I SAVED soooooo much money on this flooring!

      Delete
  4. Rant away! You aren't the first person who has ranted about Lowe's and Home Depot. I LOVE your new floors and applaud you for such a great DIY job well done! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! I appreciate your kind words and support! The hallway and one large room left and I am done! I am hoping to finish this weekend!!! Fingers crossed - then it is on to the transitions!

      Delete
  5. Ann, you're amazing! The room looks great. It's unbelievable that the furniture guy didn't do a better job attaching that mirror. #triumphanttales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - you are too sweet! Thank you! Have a great week!!

      Delete
  6. I like this post for loads of reasons - your room is lovely. You share the not so good as well as the amazing. And lovely that you still have your parents to help you too #GlobalBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay you! Floor looks so good! Sorry about the dresser, sheesh.
    BOO Lowe's! If it's any consolation, I heard today that Lowe's is closing a bunch of stores because of low sales...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot of complaints about Lowe's over the years. That is terrible what they did to your dresser with the mirror. Yours floors look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...