Friday, November 9, 2018

5 on Friday, Friday Favorites, etc.

My newest thing is printing off quotes and hangin them aorund my desk at work, and kitchen and bedroom at home.

Just little reminders that help life go a little smoother...

Here are 5 of my favorites right now...

ONE:  I love this saying. We talk a lot about things go in recovery. It is really hard to stay sober and clean if you dwell on the past and past mistakes. So we really stress living in today, being the best person you can be today and moving forward with your life! Let it go!!!


TWO: I don't think I ever updated you guys on the man situation so I will now since it applies to this quote. I like this quote because it is so true. I honestly thought that after a life changing experience (double stroke to be exact); my ex-boyfriend would change his ways and actually see it as a second chance to change his life. Needless to say, he did not. He is continuing to act in the destructive ways he always has and on top of that, continuing to be a miserable and nasty human at times. I got rid of that from my life once and now I remember why. I am not shutting him from my life; just putting him in the category of friendship only so he has chosen to stay away because of that. We all get to make choices...I am good either way...

THREE: And this...which explains why the ex BF does not qualify!!  I would be SHOCKED if anyone came along at this point that did...but miracles happen when we least expect them ;-)  (Although, all of you married folks that read my blog got the last of the good ones!!)

FOUR:  I am consistently amazed at what I can accomplish when I quit second guessing myself and believe in myself! I do this all the time! I have horrible and negative internal dialogue "I am not good enough" I can't do that!" "I am not able to do that" "I will not be able to handle that" - but once I allow myself to try...I SUCCEED!!

FIVE:  And finally...I believe we create exactly what we think we are capable of. We scare ourselves into not trying at all and then we create the outcome we most feared!
 

Whatever you are afraid of or worried about - tackle it now and get it over with - YOU CAN DEFINITELY handle it!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am hoping to finish my flooring this weekend so fingers crossed - I will be completely done when I check back in on Monday!!! WHOOP!!!

Any plans for the weekend? Anything you are procrastinating with because of fear? Any other happily single ladies or men out there? Anyone else let someone from the past back in only to find out nothing had changed?

 

16 comments:

  1. I think people are in our past for a reason.... it really takes a lot of change for people to come out of that past & stay in the future.
    Love all the motivation & inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in complete agreement with you there Rebecca Joe! I hope you had a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  2. Number 4 pretty much explains me. Ha.
    I am married to a good one but I think there is someone for everyone and God has a plan. Hang in there. There are some good ones still out there.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your vote of confidence! I’m good either way LISA but it would be nice to have a partner! I hope you had an amazing weekend!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Right Margaret? They keep me going every day! Thanks for stopping bye have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Great idea, surrounding yourself with these uplifting messages! We've still a few blank (wall) spaces needing 'something' ..... and I've thought about having custom stencils made with (obviously shorter) positive sayings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a great idea! I have a few of these around my house… I found them at Michael’s for really cheap. If you guys have Michael’s where you live you may want to check it out… They usually have really cute inspirational quotes for really reasonable amount of money. If not Michael’s I know hobby lobby has a ton too!

      Delete
  5. Great quotes!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaz - I hope you have an awesome weekend also! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Great quotes!! I had given up on men and that's when I met Joe. We have been married nearly 34 years. Don't give up!! Good luck finishing the floors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! And thanks for the experience… That gives me hope! Got a lot done on the floors this weekend… Looking for a break! I’m almost done now! Hope you had amazing weekend!

      Delete
  7. I really love quotes and a post full of them is a winner in my eyes. These are all awesome ones too. Thank you for sharing with #TriumphantTales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree… The more inspirational the quote the more I love it! Thank you for coming by! I hope you had an amazing weekend Jaki!!!

      Delete
  8. See? This is why I love coming here - so uplifting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! You are so sweet Abby! I definitely only hope to make people leave my blog happier than when they came! I never want to bring anybody down… Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...