Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Wednesday Medley


Hi guys!!!  It's that time again! Wednesday Medley!

If you want to link up then just copy the questions, answer them and jump over to Terri's blog and link up HERE! Easy peasy right?!?!




1.  With the holidays coming, what is your most essential appliance to help you prepare for the celebrations? Well, to be honest, none! HA! I spend Thanksgiving with my family at my oldest sisters house and I spend Christmas with my family at my Mom and Dad's house so I am just company for everyone else! HA HA!  We will definitely use every appliance that my sister owns for Thanksgiving though, We cook once on Thanksgiving for her inlaws family and another whole dinner the next day for my family. Then the next three days are spent baking cookies...and lots of them! As a family, we bake a ton of different ones and then split them all up so we each family takes home about 30 dozen cookies to give as gifts or take to parties, etc. Here is a picture of the totals from last year...

2.  What is your favorite (clean) word? Well, I am from Pittsburgh so it has to be WORSH. We worsh our clothes, bodies, dishes and floors. HA HA!



3.  Are you a good judge of character? I always thought I was but now that I am older I am not so sure. In the boyfriend arena that is a huge NO! But as far as friends I think I am...or I have just gotten lucky and only met good people! HA

4. What is the last thing you took a picture of? Can you share it with us? Sure!! I started making delicate wind chimes for my Etsy shop using driftwood branches, clear line and beach glass. They are turning out beautiful!!! Here is a link to the shop if you are interested in a possible Christmas present!!??!?!?



5. Tomorrow, November 15, is Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day.  How do you intend to celebrate? Now that I know about it I will switch it to Clean Out Your Freezer Day! Mine needs done so badly so why not just join in and clean only the top, right??!?!
 
6. Tell us something random about your week!  According to my Delta app....there are only 29 days until I leave for Aruba!!! WHAT?!??! WHAT!?!?!?  I am SOOOOOOO excited!!!! This was my spot everyday last year!! I hated the beach (and the people) on the Marriott beach so I found this awesome public beach down the road. I will check out the resorts private beach the first day but i have a feeling I will end up back here again!



PS - A few weeks ago, I commented on a different Medley Wednesday about changing my name to Anne from Ann because I thought my nane was boring in middle school....well...look what happened this morning at Starbucks...LOL! 

The cashier likes Anne better too! LOL!
 





Happy Wednesday everyone! I cannot wait to go ready everyone's answers!

What was your favorite trip? Where did you go? What traditions do you and your family do every year? 


24 comments:

  1. No cooking on Thanksgiving for me, either. I'm so sad about it (did you catch the sarcasm in that???). I'll be baking lots of cookies, though, just not quite yet. I won't start until December. Ugh...of all our Pittsburghese words, I hate "worsh" the most! LOL
    Have a great day, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Oh no, I say that one a lot and also slippy! If we ever meet up I promise to try to refrain from using that word!!! HA! I can't wait to see all of your cookies!! Maybe I can sneak a few ideas for our family baking extravaganza next year!!! We are always looking for new fun and delish cookie ideas! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say worsh in Ft. Worth, too. 😂 all that food!!! All those cookies. I have to show that pic to one of my good friends. They bake cookies like that, too and tons of them. They are busy this week cooking everything for granddaughters wedding and that includes TONS of cookies! They inspire me. To admiration, not doing!! lucky Anne! Going to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the beach!!!! Sooo very jealous!!! If it was not a family group effort; it would not get done - they inspire me! HA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Aruba. Have a wonderful time! Those cookies-wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce!!! I am sooo excited!! Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  6. I went to ARuba back in the 80's. LOVED it. Not much to do but I love lying on the beach. But too hot to do that for long So we rented a car and drove the entire island which is not a big deal. what is it like 19 miles long? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a tiny little little island but that’s what I like! And it feels really safe too!!! I just lay on the beach all day everyday!!!! Ahhhhh....have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. I hit send too quickly. At the time of my visit to Aruba with my girlfriend we were both single. The dutch naval ship docked and boy was that fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks for heads up-I May be searching the island for Dutch men now! Ha ha

      Delete
  8. It looks like "Annes" have it! I am from Ohio and Monday was WORSH DAY. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh ... yea!!! Glad I’m not the only one!! Lol!!! Hope you enjoyed your worsh day!! Lol! Have a great weekend!!! Hugs!

      Delete
  9. Wow on ALL those cookies! I didn't think folks ever made home-made anymore! I guess that goes to show I'm not hanging out in the right circles. (LOL) Soooo jealous of your upcoming Aruba adventure, but I'm looking forward to oogling over your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We happily accept any help offered!!! Lol!!! It’s Harrisburg...how far away are you?!? I promise to post everything Aruba in a few weeks!

      Delete
  10. Last time they wrote my name on a cup they left out my E lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that’s an odd one Julie!!! Ha!! Are there that many Juli’s?!?!? Lol!!!

      Delete
  11. That is so cool you all make cookies together! What a great idea! Have fun together!
    That photo of Aruba is amazing! I wish I were going with you!
    How funny they write Anne instead of Ann. I do remember your post about that! Hahahaha Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori!! I am so excited I get to go back to Aruba-it was such a relaxing trip!!! Thanks for coming by!!! Have s great weekend!!! Hugs

      Delete
  12. Oh boy...love that cookie mania you all put out! What a fun tradition! Aruba in 29 days! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is sooo much fun Ellen!! The kids enjoy it as much as the adults do and we have tons of cookie trays already baked!!! Hugs!!

      Delete
  13. That is a beautiful cookie spread!! And please bring back some sunshine from Aruba!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Becki!!! I am truly not ready for winter!!! Have s great day!!!

      Delete
  14. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave such a kind comment!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...