Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Almost Done with Flooring - Bathroom Done - Transitions Done

Happy Tuesday!!!

This is going to be a flooring picture-filled post...get ready!!

This amazing board match-up under the door was measured and fitted by my amazing sister!!! She should have been an engineer - she thinks (and measures) just like my Dad!!! She matched these up perfectly!!!!



This is her position for most of the day!! She was chief engineer and she helped me sooo much!!! We got a ton of flooring done!!!  It was like working with a professional!!
 

 This is a view from where we stopped for the day! We worked for an entire day and only had about 20 feet left when we quit. We could not bend over one more time that day! I am SOOO grateful for her help!!!

 After we quit working we hit Eat n Park for our free super burger!!! It was free since the Steelers had a sack in the second quarter of the game on Thursday!!  Everything tastes better when it is free!!!

Later in the weekend, after my sister went home  and my body got a little rest I decided it was time to start tackling those transitions. Transitions are where your flooring meets tile or cabinets, etc. I have watched many videos and I bought the four way molding to make my job as easy as possible as I have heard horror stories about installing these things. 

I bought a concrete drill bit to drill holes to screw the track in and the concrete would not cooperate! So I called Pergo and they said I could attach the track with liquid nails also.

Dad to the rescue! He brought me a tube but said he was not sure how old it was. I cut it open and it was hard as a rock - LOL!

 When I looked at the bottom I saw why! LOL! Expired in 2004! HA!

I loaded up some of the extra boxes of flooring (I bought 84 boxes and only used 45 so far - LOL! I WAY over estimated what I would need) and headed to Home Depot to return them and get a new liquid nails.

 I ended up with this instead....sounded much better! LOL!


 And these...I'll explain later in the post...


 So I got to work on gluing down the transitions...Here is the Pergo to Pergo...


And Pergo to vinyl...
And Pergo to tile...

I also installed all the white molding around the baseboards for the part we had finished and painted any scuffed areas.  A lot was finished!!! Here is a close up of a closet transition.



So, the vinyl shown above...I decided that I should update my bathroom vinyl before I installed the transition to the Pergo so I selected new tile and completed that as a side project! I love how it turned out! 

Before...(the white was very scuffed up)
And after...
It truly was a productive weekend!You will all probably be very happy when I get done and you do not have to hear or see anything else about it! HA!

PS-Update on the dishwasher craziness~I just got a call from the Lowe's installers insurance company today and they are now investigating! UGH!! Again, never use Lowe's for appliance install!  They will damage your home and you will wait FOREVER for them to fix it! The destruction happened on 7/27/18 and we are still waiting to get paid!!! CRAZY!!!




16 comments:

  1. Can you can help me finish a few things? I used that peel and stick flooring in a flip. I got the ones with texture and grout lines. It looked so real that my realtor got on her hands and knees and felt it and was shocked it was peel and stick. The grout lines and texture really made it look real. Great Job Ann. Sure you don't want to help? I'll feed you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Margaret! I will just tellign my sister I am a little sad that it will all be done this soon! Now I need to find a new project...maybe trying to refinish my kitchen counter?!??! I did not get the top of the vinyl but I think it turned out pretty great! Still getting used to the dark color on the floor though...I keep walking into the bathroom and thinking something is on the floor! HA

      Delete
  2. Well look at YOU!!!!! You and your sister rocked this one out of the arena! Looks fantastic.I hope that you are as proud as you should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Linda! I am really proud of myself for taking the leap of faith and just going for it because I kept saying things like "what if I run into a huge issue?" or " what if I cant finish it?" and I finally decided then I could always call a contractor to finish if I had issues, right?! I am definitely proud I tried! Hugs

      Delete
  3. Yay to new floor!! Love it - thanks for the boot love (they're Sam Edelmans) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are adorable and the pictures are all awesome - not a bad one in the bunch! Such a sweet family! Hugs to you - have a great day also!

      Delete
  4. The transitions look great! I love the darker look in the bathroom too! You are just going to be a floor pro in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still getting used to the darker in the bathroom - I keep walking in there and thinking something is on the floor! LOL! But it will hold up way better than the white did for sure! Thanks for the kind words!!! Hugs - have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Looks great! I think those tile things have probably improved from the ones we bought for our kitchen 26 years ago so I won't tell you my horror story lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - they definitely have! I think I want you to share it - should be a good one!!! I used them years ago and they are so much easier now and look way better!! I did not even get top of the line and I love them!!

      Delete
  6. I don't think professional installers work as fast as you and your family have worked on your new floors! They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Terri! With their help it is really moving quickly! I have not touched anything for a few days now and have enjoyed the break - my back sure feels it! LOL! Have a great day!

      Delete
  7. I can't believe how much you did in a day! That's amazing.
    Sisters can be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! She helped so much! I am much slower on my own! I struggle with measuring, etc. so having her and my parents as helpers has made the project go soooo quickly!!! They are my life savers!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. I am so impressed. It is amazing what you have done. You should be so proud of yourself. Yes Gorilla Glue is the best! Seriously I could never do a project like that! Way to go.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you could Debby!!! It is a lot easier than you think! Thanks and have a great weekend!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...