Thursday, November 29, 2018

Thankful Thursday - 14 days and counting

Good morning yinz!!!

Today I am joining Rebecca Jo at Knit By God's Hand to give some thanks and show some gratitude!!


This week I am thankful for...
* my job! We are going through many, many changes here at my Company. I have worked for them for 17 years and it looks like very soon, we will all be asked to relocate or lose our jobs. I truly have no intention of relocating, unless they offer me something extraordinary for relocation, so it looks like I will soon be on the job hunt! So...for now...I am grateful for my job!!! UGH!

* my upcoming trip!!! I am counting down the days to Aruba! I cannot wait to escape for a week!!!! I booked a catamaran sailing and snorkeling trip and also a jeep tours of the island trip. Last year when I went I did not do any excursions so I am really excited to do both of these!! According to Delta...14 days until flight check-in!!!!!!!!! WHOOP! Here are two favorites from last year's trip!




* for my blogging friends! You guys...each and every one of you! Your comments make my day and I look forward to seeing what all of you are up to on your blogs! You truly have become a positive and HUGE bright spot in my day and I am so very glad to have each and every one of you in my life! 


*for my "real life" friends! Tonight I am attending a charity football signing for CF Foundation. You pay to get a football and then about 8 different (never know who) Pittsburgh Steelers players (football for those that don't know) show up to sign your football. We also get dinner and there are raffles, etc. I cannot wait! We used to go a lot and then I just had too many footballs...LOL! I gave them away for Christmas presents to my family members.  This year, my sister wanted me to attend to get one signed for my nephew so she actually paid for my ticket! What a score! So, I will spend my money on the auctions!! I will post and give you details ASAP! Then tomorrow is the Lawrenceville Cookie Walk! Another awesome activity I do every Christmas with friends!

* for my family! I cannot have a gratitude/thankful list and NOT include them! They truly are everything to me and I would have nothing and be nothing without their support!!!


That's all I got today guys!  I am trying really, really hard to stay focused on positive things and not worry over things I cannot change or influence! This is where that Serenity Prayer comes into play!!!

 I hope you all have a blessed and thankful day!!! Hugs to each and every one of you!

Are you joining Rebecca Jo? What are you thankful for today?







22 comments:

  1. Those pictures from last year are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your pictures from this year and also hearing about your special excursions. Hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy - it is all I am focusing on right now! LOL!

      Delete
  2. 17 years? hoping you can find a new job even better than the one you have. I had to get a new job after 25 years & its been an amazing experience!!!!
    have fun tonight at the charity football event!!!! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will! And thanks for sharing your experience about starting over after 25 years - I feels good to hear yours was a good outcome and it is not always bad when we have change!

      Delete
  3. Love me some Steeler Football! I hope you have fun and get to meet some exciting players :) I'm about 1.5 hours from Pittsburgh and have been to many Pirates games but only 1 Steelers pre-season game. Enjoy your trip to Aruba! I'm so jealous :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Coletta!!! I will definitely share who I met in a post! I am hoping for JuJu and Ben and Conner but we shall see - fingers crossed!!! HA! There is nothing I love more than going to a Steelers game!! So fun!

      Delete
  4. Oh, ugh on that job situation. Unfortunately, this is happening more and more often as Big Corporations struggle to find the most desirable fiscal niche. The company Tom's son works for made a similar announcement 18 months ago, but he's been kept on board (so far) as contract labor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really stinks but hopefully the Lord has my back and if I do the footwork it will all work out like it is supposed to! Thanks for sharing his experience - it helps to know I am not alone!

      Delete
  5. Why is reclocating out of the question? Why not move and enjoy the adventure that life is giving you the opportunity to have?
    Aruba is the hottest place I have ever been. 25 degrees north of the equator I believe. Also watch how the water goes down the drain. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it different? I never heard that but I will look definitely! WOWSA! Neat information! I am strategically placed right in the middle of my whole family so I really do not want to move. Also, my job the past two years has all been traveling to other locations and I have not licked any better than where I am . I just really love my hometown and I am okay with experiencing a new company rather than a new place to live.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow! That Aruba trip looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sooooo excited!!!! I live in Pittsburgh and the winter sucks already!!!!! Lol!!!!

      Delete
  7. I'm another one who made a huge job change after many years (16 for me) and have found great rewards in it. But it sure was scary at first! I'll be praying that everything will work out as it's supposed to. If you should have to go on the job hunt, try Indeed.com That's where I found my job and they send you daily emails to let you know of new jobs in your area.
    Aruba looks awesome! Enjoy it and know that I will be here in my flannel pj's eating my heart out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip...I just downloaded the app Indeed!!! This Pittsburgh winter sucks already!!!! Lol!

      Delete
  8. I did indeed link up with Rebecca Jo today! It is always good to count our blessings and you have many here!! Aruba! Awesome! Tell us about the CF event and who signed your nephew's football!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will fill you in Terri! It did not end up being a lot of current players so it was disappointing however it was a donation to a good charity so there is that! Lol!

      Delete
  9. Gratitude can make everything better ;) Hope the job stuff goes your way, or you end up with something even better - you never know what you'll find next. I'm so thankful I found your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Becki!!!! You kind words are more than helpful right now...trying to remind myself that everything is in Gods hands!!!

      Delete
  10. Ah, another great list. Sorry about your job situation, but I bet you'll pull through just fine. Aruba looks wonderful. Have fun at the CF charity event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! It is all in God’s hands anyway right? I guess I will just do the footwork because he always has my back!!! Hugs to you!!!

      Delete
  11. Crap I hope you don't have to find a new job, how horrible!

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...