Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Everyone...Let Your Voice Be Heard...Go Vote!!

Are you planning to vote today?

I did not vote the first time until I was 42. I am embarrassed to say that but it is true. Now, I cherish my right to vote. I never paid any attention to politics so I figured "Who am I to vote when I had no clue what the different candidates represented?"

Today I make sure to be informed and vote! Especially with today's political climate. I feel very passionate about getting out there and supporting MY BELIEFS and MY VALUES and that is exactly what I did today....so, in the long run...my voice will be heard. Whether or not I am in the majority we shall see but I put my two cents in and that is what is important!

Google is in on the action. If you go to Google's website today...the name has been changed from Google to Go Vote. Also, if you click on the the icon, it takes you to a link that will find where you go vote based on your address. So....if you are a first timer....this is your link!!!

HERE are some fun voting facts from history...like idiots are not allowed to vote in Ohio and all you need to vote in Texas is a gun license not a drivers license!!! REALLY!!

Please everyone get out there and VOTE!!! It truly is what makes America great!!! We all get a say!!!

Happy election day everyone - GO VOTE PLEASE!!!

When did you vote the first time? Do you have any voting day rituals? I started a new one...I get myself a donut after I vote now!! HA HA!!! Are you voting today?


14 comments:

  1. 1972 for George McGovern; I was 18. I have voted ever since. no rituals. am wearing my sticker today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turned 18 just 2 days after an election and was not pleased about it. So it will have been the next time I did it. #triumphanttales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome!!! Voices have been heard!! Hugs! Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I have never missed an election since I turned 18. I went at 6:30am BEFORE COFFEE, because I have a crazy day. No rituals, just always vote. Pouring rain here so put on my coat, dog thought that meant a walk so she went with me to the polling place. Someone even had dog treats for her, along with the cookies, donuts etc treats for humans. Nothing like having to bribe your Americans to do their civic duty. The place was packed like never before seen in my lifetime, especially at that hour. I hope that is a good sign!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also went before work when the polls opened here. It was a really long line then too but just drizzling rain at that point! Hugs!

      Delete
  4. I was raised to vote so its always been something I did - but my husband never voted ever until the presidential race 12 years ago.... I took pictures like it was his first day at school :) Now he's voted every election since :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome that you were raised to vote. My parents never talked about it - or I never listened maybe...
      Glad your husband is now embracing it...as he is a fellow late bloomer too - LOL!

      Delete
  5. I come from a political family, volunteered for a local candidate before I was eligible to vote. And I have never missed an election.

    My daughter will celebrate her 28th birthday tomorrow. Election Day in 2008 was on November 4, meaning my daughter was a few days shy of her 18th birthday. She was so upset to miss an historic election.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sooo awesome! What an important message you passed down to your daughter! That is so inspiring!

      Delete
  6. My parents set such a great example … voting might well have been the 11th Commandment! I was 22 y/o when I first cast my ballot for President. What a heady feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fantastic and it appears that it is also a running theme in the comments. I am sure my parents mentioned it and I just chose to ignore them. So glad all of you listened though!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  7. I voted right at 18!! It was something my parents did, my dad was involved within the County Board and Township.

    We have our boys come along and watch us vote.
    Our oldest voted for the first time this election, at 18! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome!!! Congrats to him on his first year of voting!!! How very cool!!! Have a great day!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...