Thursday, November 1, 2018

Thankful Thursday

I am very thankful (and grateful) that I have ENOUGH today.

I have my days where I do not feel like this but today is not one of them.

God has blessed me with a path to a job that provides enough that I am able to take care of myself.

That is HUGE for me! There was a time that I was not able to do that. I was struggling and I was calling my parents every week to ask to borrow money because I just could not make it from week to week. Now my job provides enough. Do I want a bigger and better house? Of course! Who does not? But I am content and happy with where I am in life right now. Do I want a man? Of course! But I am content and happy if the right one does not come along.

I feel so happy and content...yes I will strive for more always...improve myself and better my life but I am thankful that today I have ENOUGH!

Onto the flooring situation...

Last night I bought a miter box on the way home from work and started on the molding situation. After giving myself a crash course on how to use it, I think it went well!! I added the molding around the walls and the trim by the closet (my Dad needs to pop that into place...I did not have enough muscle...HA! I am saving it for him).

Here is the finished room with molding to cover the expansion gap!




Tonight I will move all the furniture that is currently in my bedroom into the guest bedroom (the floor that is finished) so I can start on my bedroom flooring. Here is a picture of my bedroom currently...



As you can see above it is a mess!!! For me, the hardest part of this has been everything is everywhere and I am very OCD. I hate having things out of place but I am definitely getting used to it during this project so maybe this is free immersion therapy!!! HA! Double bonus - new flooring and no more OCD!

My parents have offered to come help again! Yippee!!! They will be here for the weekend to help me tear out the old carpet and start laying the floor in my bedroom - I will not turn away help! My Mom and Dad rock!!!

I hope you all have a great day!

Anyone else have OCD tendencies? Does everything in your home have a place or are things strewn everywhere? Anyone else have purple (or odd accent) walls anywhere?



20 comments:

  1. Can I say, that first part of your post - just the words "Thankful for ENOUGH" - that stopped me in my tracks. Amen my friend - amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you Rebecca Jo! Thank for hosting as always!!!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Congrats on learning to do all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! Anyone can do it! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Well done! You should be extremely proud of yourself. It's good to know we can do things on our own but it is also good to have a little extra help. Happy Thursday Ann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I really am - I was afraid to try at first but I am so happy that I kept watching the videos until I felt comfortable! Hope you have a great rest of your week! Hugs!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! It really is a fun project for me - I am loving it! Have a great res6t of your week!!

      Delete
  5. Where are you getting your energy? The flooring looks wonderful. So glad you are in a happy place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - not sure Debby...except I have no family in town and no boyfriend currently which leaves me lot of "ME" time - HA HA! If things keep up like this; I will be living in a palace by the time I die - HA! Have a great Friday!

      Delete
  6. I love your feeling of being "thankful enough." Now that's some awesome contentment, my friend! I think feeling that way at least some of the time is a great accomplishment!
    I'm in awe of your remodeling skills and that you've mastered a miter saw! Everything looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stacy! It really is so easy - trust me anyone can do it if I can. My mitered edges do not match up perfectly but that is where the putty comes in - lol!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!! Hugs

      Delete
  7. My house is a wipe out with my son's bedroom in the living room. I have given up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Don't give up - someday you are going to be saying "Where did they all go?". Enjoy it while they are all still close and then remodel once they leave...LOL!!! Have a great day!!!!!!

      Delete
  8. Great message: always striving to get better, but thankful for now!
    Your guest room looks fantastic, makes me want to replace the floor in my kitchen - a project I've put off for about 15 years...
    I know I have OCD tendencies and love having things organized. I'm thinking it's a useful quirk as I age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! You should totally do the kitchen! I swear this is the easiest thing I have done to date - everything snaps into place like a puzzle!!! It's awesome! Have a great week!

      Delete
  9. I'm not OCD but having things piled up like that would make me a little nuts. Temporary inconvenience for permanent improvement though! The new floor looks great. I love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri! Yes, I am staying focused on the end result...it is making me nuts to have everything of place. I am enjoying a few days of everything where it goes before I move ahead with the hallway and living area! HA! Have a great day! Prayers for your family too-sorry to hear the news...

      Delete
  10. Hi, Great THANKFUL message!!
    I love the floors, keep at it. :-) You will have your home just right soon. I am with you, I hate having things all over and not in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla! Thanks for coming by - I just keep telling myself that I am almost done - well, at least hallway! LOL! Have a great day!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...