Monday, November 12, 2018

Weekend Recap - Really Thursday Night - LOL!!!

This weekend was awesome guys!

My sister came into town to help me with my flooring and also to invite me to attend a Steelers game with her and my parents!!

Yippee!

Thursday night the Steelers were scheduled to play the Carolina Panthers in a night football game to be televised!! Maybe some of you saw it?!?

Everyone met at my house and we headed downtown for the game! We parked the car and walked over to our new favorite place to eat before a game called Local Brewhouse! Here is the obligatory selfie...my sister, Dad, Mom and myself in the front... 


Then we walked back to the stadium. This booth was set up outside the stadium. It was the Thursday Night football announcers discussing pregame-the back view - LOL!!


And here are the announcers from Sirius radio doing their pregame chatter...

We ran into Steely McBeam on the way in so we got a quick selfie with him!!!

It was Support the Troops night so we did a sign for my Uncle Ed!! He is our veteran!!!

And last but not least...for the fifth time this season....the Steelers had a sack in the second quarter!!! WHOOP!!! What this means to Pitts-burghers is...

A local restaurant Eat n Park gives everyone with a game ticket a free super burger the next day if we sack the opposing team's quarterback in the second quarter!! We were so excited since this is my sisters favorite restaurant and she was staying Friday to help me with my floors!!!! YIPPEEE - free lunches  tomorrow!!!


I will post tomorrow with rest of the activity-filled weekend!!!!!!!

I hope you all had an awesome weekend!!!

Anyone else love free stuff?!?!?! What did you do this weekend?




15 comments:

  1. I dont see Pittsburgh Steeler stuff & not think of This is Us :)
    Glad your sister was in town! Family visits are always great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!?! I think that is part of the reason why I love that show soooo much!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun time! Scott went to the Raiders game on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we were watching! Having been a BIG Dallas Cowboys fan (back in the day ... Staubach & Bradshaw), it's still hard for me to cheer for the Steelers. But man, what energy. Being there had to be super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great - there is nothing like being there in person!!!

      Delete
  4. Much better weekend than mine. :-) Looked like a lot of fun although Dad looks like he is giving someone the stink eye. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Margaret!!! I said the same thing...not too big of a smile.’, right?!? Lol!!! I swear he was having fun though! Ha!

      Delete
  5. Gosh... so much fun!! Seems like in person, this would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The energy is crazy in person at the stadium... it does not compare to sitting st home- sooo much fun being there!!!!

      Delete
  6. This weekend we watched workmen dig up the drainage ditch right in front of our house. Jackhammers started on Thursday and by Monday night the new exit out our gate and over the new ditch was done.
    Not nearly as fun as your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Maybe not as fun but definitely eventful!! HA HA! Congrats on the new ditch! Hopefully this weekend will hold more enjoyment rather than excitement!

      Delete
  7. I can just feel all the excitement! What an awesome evening spent with family! I was with my parents and sister on Sunday to celebrate my sister's birthday and I kept thinking to myself "There really is something special about just being together as family."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very right Shathiso!!! It just feels so right when family spends time together! Happy late birthday to your sister! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. How exciting was that! I'm so happy you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...