Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Wednesday Medley - Halloween

First let me start out today by saying thank you!!! Thank you for your prayers and thoughts for me and the city I love! I hope someday, somehow we can stop the madness of these horrible attacks so no other town has to deal with it!!!! Your prayers and thoughts help so much!

Now onto happier things...or scarier maybe?!?! HA HA!

Today I am joining Terri again for her medley of questions.  There aren't any rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to.   


Here we go........


 1. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final person left, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?

I would definitely be one of the ones to die, not sure how far in the movie I would die, but I definitely would. I would not be first because I am not that person that checks the basement to see what the noise was or answers the door at 3AM even though I think I shouldn't.  I am also not a run when you are scared person...I am a hide in the closet or under the bed person and that person ALWAYS dies eventually! HA


2. While watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time or the person who falls asleep?

Eyes covered 50% and yelling 50%


3. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?

Nope - no way - never! Not for a million dollars! I am terrified of that stuff! I went to a "real life" haunted house tour. We walked through in groups and I did not sleep for weeks!!!! UGH!


4. Favorite horror monster or villain?

Don't have one except Count Chocula!!!  I LOVE that cereal!!!


5. Favorite horror or Halloween-themed song?

Thriller - Michael Jackson! I love that song!  When I was in high school my twirling team The Modernettes used that song and we actually did the dance from the video! It was so fun and I still remember parts!!


6. Tell us something random about your week.

I have officially finished installing Pergo in my first room in the condo!!! All I have left to do tonight is the transition piece from the closet to the flooring and the molding around the wall.  It was fairly easy except for that last row and believe me it is not perfect. Bute, since I am not a Contractor...I think it is good enough!!!  I am sooo proud of myself for doing this on my own...only 3 rooms left!! HA!

Here is the view from the bedroom door...


And here is from the room to the door...

This is the close up of my hardest row!! This last row was like a puzzle...it was different widths and had to go around doors and under molding. It took about two hours last night to get these last row of three boards in place! UGH!! Other than that, it has been soooooo easy and fun!

 
My house already feels cleaner with the carpet gone! HA! I recommend this project to anyone! Seriously! Don't pay someone else...it is sooo easy to do yourself and you will have the best feeling of accomplishment and saving money too!!
 
PS - The cats are hilarious...they are sliding all over the place!! LOL!
 
Thanks again to Terri for creating another awesome Wednesday Medley!!
 
I hope everyone have a great Halloween day and night!!!! Be safe out there! Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement - you helped me decide I was capable of handling this project on my own! HUGS!
 
Anyone trick or treating tonight? What gave you your last feeling of accomplishment? What lately has made you feel proud??
 
 

27 comments:

  1. I'd be the last one standing. I am quick on my feet and have a TREMENDOUS survival instinct. I may/may not fight back but don't ever underestimate me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps. I followed you back. Have a peace filled Wednesday.

      Delete
    2. LOL Linda - you are cracking me up! That is great that you have that instinct - can I be the friend that gets to tag along with you until the VERY end of the movie?!?! HA! Thanks for following! Hugs

      Delete
  2. haha - I bet I would be the one sliding all over the place on those floors. Get those socks with the grips on them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great point Rebecca Jo! I slid once or twice but was not going to admit that! Thankfully - I have a drawer full of those slippers with sticky feet! After the floors are totally done I am putting a basket full at my front door so I can ask everyone to remove their shoes and wear a pair!! LOL! Yes - I am THAT person! HA

      Delete
  3. Love your floors...way to go!!! Thriller is a great song, I just watched the youtube video again a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right Cathy?!? Great song and I love the dancing in the video! Thanks for the encouragement on the floors - I appreciate all the kind words! Have a great night!

      Delete
  4. I don't watch horror movies or do scary houses. I'm a big baby lol. The floor looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am right there with you Julie!!! Me either!!! And I live alone so that makes things even worse when you are a baby. I am so paranoid to move because I am positive that my condo I have right now is safe and I worry if I move, what if the house is haunted?!?! Completely irrational I know but I am a HUGE baby!

      Delete
  5. Love your answers. I laughed out loud at #4!
    Your floor looks so good! Like a professional did it. I'm impressed at how quickly you got it done, too. Your whole place will be done in no time! And here I am with no blinds on the windows for two weeks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I love projects and I am also OCD so I just keep thinking I want this gross carpet gone asap and I want everything back in it's place as quickly as possible - HA! If I lived closer I would love to help with blinds :-)

      Delete
  6. I loved your answers! You did an awesome job on the floors...we had Pergo put down a couple of years ago and it was one of the best decisions we ever made. I sure know what you mean about the house feeling cleaner immediately...no more carpet for me...ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby!!!! I am SO with you on the carpet thing!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  7. My goodness, the 'new' room looks so fresh and inviting! Yay, you! I loved Thriller! Color me impressed, your doing those dance moves! Have you, by chance, any old photos to share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I wish! We all keep saying that we wish we had that technology then that we have now! I would have all of that on video on my phone! Those days; only one person had a video camera and they had no way to share it with everyone :-( I WISH THOUGH!

      Delete
  8. That's absolutely beautiful! Very good job. It will only get better as you do each room. What a great accomplishment. I DON'T like scary movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nonnie! I appreciate the kind words! I have already learned some tips and tricks along the way - LOL! I am totally with you on the Scary movies thing...I would never rent or watch one if it is my choice :-0

      Delete
  9. OMG!! What a fabulous job you did on your floors! They look gorgeous. Congrats. Now sit down and put your feet up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! Unfortunately-that is only room 1...I have a few to go. It is fun but the hard part is definitely ignoring the fact that crap is everywhere instead of where it belongs - HA!

      Delete
  10. Floors lookin' good Ann!
    I lived in a haunted house - not so bad.
    But yet I won't see scary movies. I know, I know, weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?!?!?!? How could you live in a haunted house - UGH!!! You are my idol - I would leave screaming!!! Have a great day Margaret!

      Delete
  11. Well done on the floors! I just love how it looks.
    Building our little greenhouse is our latest project and I am so happy about it. You are right on, it makes you feel so good accomplishing a project on your own. :-)
    I have little seeds sprouting today. :-) It is 50 outside and a cozy 74 in the greenhouse.

    And NO WAY to Haunted anything for me .. I have been scared enough. LOL
    Trick or Treat,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla I love your greenhouse also! How awesome that you already have little sprouts - that is fantastic!!! Have a great rest of the week and enjoy the joys you receive from hanging out in the greenhouse!

      Delete
  12. Your floor looks SO good!! And I am SO impressed that you did it yourself! Awesomeness! I enjoyed your answers and thank you so much for joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so very much - it really was so easy except for those last puzzle pieces - HA! Thanks as always for hosting again - you come up with great questions every week! Have a great day Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so proud that you tackled that floor job all by yourself. What an accomplishment. I can't wait to see what the condo looks like when you get all the rooms done. Now that will call for a celebration. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging words Elizabeth! I will be definitely excited when it is all done but then I may have to look for another project to start as this is keeping me busy and entertained - LOL!!! Have a great week!!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...