Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Wednesday Medley

Wow! It has been soooo long since I posted - I almost forgot how to do this! HA!

Seriously!

I fully intended to post every night on vacation but then every night I found myself sitting in our room chatting with my sisters and Mom until the late hours and I was too tired to post!  So, I guess that is a really good thing! So, I can only give you day by day updates when I vacation alone!

Ha!

So I returned last Friday and my car immediately broke down! UGH! I could not go anywhere for Easter since the car was not shifting correctly (I drive a manual stick) so I spent the weekend waiting for my car appointment on Monday. I took the car in  and after waiting there 1/2 day they told me they have to install a new transmission! It will take at least a week so I have no car! UGH! At least it is covered by the warranty!

The dealership got me a rental but it was not available from the company my dealership uses until Wednesday! So, I called Hertz and rented a car from them for a day and then dropped it off at the dealership and picked up my rental from Enterprise. The dealership is reimbursing me for the day rental from Hertz too! What a mess~~Now I am driving a Nissan Rogue...it feels huge compared to my little Civic! HA!

Needless to say, I am finally able to function normally and made it into the office today! Yippee!

 So, it has been a little hectic but I am excited to show you trip photos ASAP!!!!

_________________________________________________________

Wednesday Medley!

You know I cannot let Wednesday go by without joining in on the Medley with Terri!

Today is National Pigs in a Blanket Day?!??!

Seriously?!?! Ick!!! How does this have a day??!?? LOL!

Okay...well, here are the questions...

1.  Typically served as an hors d'oeuvre, have you ever made or had a Pig-in-a-Blanket?  I tried one once...ick!   Do you like Pigs-in-a-Blanket?  Ick - no!
2.  Pigs-in-a-blanket are also known as devils on horseback, kilted sausages, and wiener winks. (Seriously.)  Please make up another name for this fun little appetizer! Gross little bundles of who knows what kind of meat...HA!
3.  In the UK, pigs-in-blankets are small sausages, or chipolatas wrapped up in bacon.  Which country's version is most appealing to your taste buds?  None! I am absolutely shocked that those gross little things have their own day! HA!
4.  The first written record of pigs-in-a-blanket occurs in Betty Crocker's Cooking for Kids in 1957.  In this digital world, do you still have a favorite cookbook you use most of the time?  Completely online  Is there a recipe you can share with us from that cookbook?  I do not, sorry .
5.  What is your favorite cooking show on TV?  I love that kids cooking show but I am not sure of the name!
6.  Tell us something random about your week, please!  
The more I read my answers above I think of that saying "If you don't have anything nice to say; don't say anything at all."  I feel like I should delete this post entirely! HA HA!

Have a fantastic week everyone!

39 comments:

  1. Ha ha we're all entitled to our opinions. Hopefully you won't delete my comment because I LOVE pigs in blankets - but only the UK version using bacon. Although I do try not to think about what's in the sausage ;) Sounds like you had a busy fun filled vacation. Glad to hear your car works are covered under a warranty - sounds like an expensive repair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! I would NEVER delete your comment or opinion! I agree that we all have different ones and I cherish them all! I might even try a bacon wrapped weenie just to give them another shot! HA! HUGS! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. So... do you or don't you like pigs in a blanket. Not clear here ;P
    Welcome back! Your vacation was too fun for blogging - that's a good thing! Sorry about your car troubles, but I'm glad it's all covered and hope you are reunited soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! Update is I should get my car back Wednesday this week - yippee!!! Have a great week! HUGS TO YOU!

      Delete
  3. So ...do you like pig in a blanket? ;-)

    Glad you had a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA HA! Thank you so very much - vacation was great! Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. Hello Friend,
    Goodness! Your car story!!
    I am so excited to see photos of your vacation. :-) I am glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla! I promise to have the post together soon! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back!! Sorry you're having car issues after your vacation - that's not ever fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Rebecca Jo!?!?!? It is always something but it could definitely be worse if it was not covered! Have a great week! HUGS

      Delete
  6. Sorry about your car, but you're lucky that transmission is still under warranty.

    I don't like pigs in a blanket either.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally...one other person that does not like them! HA :-)
      I hope you have a great week also Sandee!!! HUGS

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you didn't delete this post … I laughed throughout! (Well, not the car section.) Now I can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I promise to have the post together soon! HUGS and have a fantastic week!

      Delete
  8. Welcome back. Glad you had a good time but too be you had to come home to car toubles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! It is a pain but it could have been worse! Definitely still blessed! HUGS - have a great week!

      Delete
  9. I love pigs-in-blankets here in the UK. I only ever have them at Christmas time with turkey. They are very popular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I love turkey!!! HA HA!
      Maybe I should try the UK version?!?!
      Have a great day!

      Delete
  10. Your answers made me laugh about not liking the pigs in a blanket. Hahahaha Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you had a good vacation!! Hope that car problem is resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nana!!!! Me too!!! HUGS - have a great day!

      Delete
  12. We'll I'm glad you didn't delete it. I laughed through your first three answers. My thoughts exactly!!! My Amish neighbors never have trouble with their horses breaking down. LOL. Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Exactly!!! Thanks for stopping by and giving me a laugh back! HA! Have a great day!

      Delete
  13. Welcome back from vacation and I'm glad you had a great time with your mom and sibs!! I'm glad you didn't delete your Medley! When I saw my choices for the day I actually groaned but everyone has been a trooper about the little pigs! Thanks for joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I am definitely one of the few that do not appreciate the cute little piggies...ha!
      Have a fantastic week Terri - thank for hosting - you are great at it!

      Delete
  14. Wow, you've had a time of it since you got home from vacation! Sorry you had to spend Easter at home. That stinks. Glad at least it's all covered by warranty. That saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" was my dad's number one rule. Glad you had a good time on vacation and glad you're back. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your Dad! That was my parents rule also! HA HA! Then they woudl whisper about the neighbors - LOL! Just kidding!
      I hope you have a fantastic day Stacy! HUGS

      Delete
  15. DON'T LIKE PIGS-IN-A-BLANKET?

    I am going to give Annster a negative review on Yelp!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I guess that will have to be okay then! I am nothing if not true to myself - HA HA! Have a fantastic week - HUGS!

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. You can have ALL of mine - ha!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  17. Car issues are the worst, but the dance they make you do to get a car is awful. Glad it is all paid for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Tabor - just glad it is all covered under warranty also! Have a great week!

      Delete
  18. Welcome home! I am sorry about the car troubles. Hmmm, I haven't had pigs in a blanket in YEARS. Glad you had a super vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin - it really was awesome! I can't wait to get the post together! HUGS - have a great day!

      Delete
  19. When I hear pigs in a blanket I think of breakfast sausage wrapped with a pancake. Apparently that's not what it is lol

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...