Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wednesday Medley

 

TODAY IS NATIONAL FILM SCORE DAY!

 

 
I am joining in with Terri for her Wednesday Medley! If you want to play - just copy the questions, answer them and then link up here!!!

 
1.  Let's talk about film scores/songs.  What is the first one that you thought about when you saw today's subject?  A Star is Born! I love the original movie score but I love the remake with Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper even more!!!! That never happens!! I never like the remake better but for this movie I do!  It Is Completely Amazing!
 
 
2.  Do you remember the first movie you ever saw on the "big screen"?  Would you tell us about it?

I am sure that I have no clue! My mom used to take us kids to the movies when we were little and it was raining out. I don't remember the movies...I only remember eating candy and popcorn!!! HA HA!

 
3.  Who is your favorite female movie star?  Who is your favorite male movie star?  Go ahead and list more than one if you must.
I honestly don't have a favorite but I will go see anything that has Jennifer Aniston or Melissa McCarthy in it.

 
 4.  How about those old black & white movies!  Which one do you always stop and watch, even just a little, when channel surfing?
Nope-never...
 

5.  Is there a movie quote that makes you laugh or one that you repeat often in life that you can share with us?  Will we know what movie it comes from without you telling us?
"Life's a garden...dig it!" From Joe Dirt!!! It is my favorite movie of all time!!!! It is brainless humor, the best quotes ever and a guest appearance by my favorite singer - Kidrock!!

 
 
6.  Please share something random about your week with us.
I will be leaving for Aruba in 11 days...yes I am doing a count down! I need a vacation again ALREADY! Please get me back to that private island ASAP!  HA HA! 
 

I hope everyone has a great day! Enjoy celebrating National Film Score Day! If you want to join in, hop on over to Terri's blog and link up your answers!! HUGS!

What is your favorite score? How about your favorite movie? Did you see Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper?!?!?!

 

30 comments:

  1. Hi,
    This was fun my friend.
    My favorite movie is You've Got Mail. :-)
    Have fun on your vacation. Take lots of photos to share with us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot all about You Got Mail - that was a good one!!! I will definitely share vacation with you all - have a fantastic day Carla!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Carla on You've Got Mail. Love the group hug at the end with Brinkley. Have a fantastic time on Aruba! Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about that movie - it is a good one!!! A classic!!! Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  3. Did you know there was another Star is Born with Judy Garland as the female lead?

    Hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew there was but have not seen it yet! After I loved the remake so much - I decided I have to rent that soon! Have a great day Cathy!

      Delete
  4. Love those old movies like African Queen and Casablanca. I can watch them again and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen either! I guess I need to add them to my "watch in the future" list! Thanks for the recommendations Tabor! Hugs! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. My son has his own Joe Dirt wig and can quote every line in the movie verbatim. Not my thing...as far as A Star is Born...I loved the one with Kris Kristofferson and Barbara Streisand. Not a fan much of what comes out of Hollywood these days. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice!!! Now I really want to meet your son Debby!!!!! That movie is stupid funny and it makes me laugh no matter what is happening! I think if you saw it you would love the new version just as much!

      Delete
  6. When it comes to movies and actors I'm pretty much clueless. I haven't even been to a theater in over a decade...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either Ann! I get all of mine from Redbox. It only costs $2 a day instead of $22 to go to a theater! LOL! Have a great day!

      Delete
  7. Thee were actually four versions of A Star is Born, the janet Gaynor original was not a musical. I really enjoyed the Lady Gaga version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! So what you are saying is now I have to see three others!?!?! HA HA! I can't wait! I loved the Gaga one!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. Ann I saw Kris Kristofferson and Barbara Streisand in those roles so I am good.lol I would have to say there are no modern actors/actresses that really make me want to go and see a movie. I do enjoy Daisy Ridley and her role as Rey on the Star Wars movies. I also loved Emily Blunt at Mary Poppins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can;t wait to see the original now! The remake was great and that never happens! HA! Great answers!!! Have a wonderful day! Hugs

      Delete
  9. Oh, I don't know?! Because I LOVED Kris and Barbra (cue the tears) I'm reluctant to see Gaga and Cooper's remake. My hubby's all the time criticizing me for making comparisons … but I can't help myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing! I can not wait to see the original now! I think you will love it! Have a great day! Hugs

      Delete
  10. Oh how I loved A Star is Born! It was so wonderful. I have never seen any other version. I am going to have my son show me some over the summer.
    Oh my word! ARUBA!!!! How exciting! Have a great time! Loved your answers! Have a nice Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I can not wait to go! Have a fantastic day! Hugs!

      Delete
  11. I haven't seen the new A Star Is Born. I should and will eventually get to it.
    We love Joe Dirt and watch it every time it's on!
    Off to the beach again? I'm so jealous. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear there is another Joe Dirt fan! It is mindless humor and I love zoning out and just laughing!! You will love the new A Star is Born! Have a great day Stacy!

      Delete
  12. My favorite music score is anything done by John Williams but Tom Hedden's "Seasons Suite" from NFL 75 (it is featured in the last segment) is pretty amazing. I have many favorite movies, so this hard. It would between The Fugitive and Love Actually.

    If I am channel surfing and "I Want to Live" is on I will stop and watch. Susan Hayward is great in that movie.

    Have fun at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Actually is awesome! I forgot about that one too! I will be checking out Season's Suite soon! Thanks for the recommendation! Have a great day Patrick!

      Delete
  13. I am looking forward to seeing Lady Gaga in the new Star is Born. I really like her! Thanks for joining the Medley! It has been fun comparing everyone's answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are always so much fun! Thanks for being so creative with the questions and for hosting as always!!!! Hugs

      Delete
  14. My favorite movie is Apollo 13. Probably seen it 25 times, easily. It still surprises my husband every time he comes home and I'm watching it! "Again?!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a great movie Cindy!!! You probably have the whole movie memorized!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  15. Enjoyed reading your post. Sounds like a great vacation coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not wait Wendy!!! This will be the longest week of my life - I am so ready to go!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...