Thursday, April 11, 2019

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday ya'll!!!!



I am joining in with Rebecca Jo on her blog for  Thankful Thursday!!!

I love this as it makes me really think about and appreciate what I am grateful and thankful for.  Sometimes I get caught up in what is wrong in my life rather than all the gifts!!!

I love this quote...


I am really thankful for my recovery.  It seems like daily I heart about someone that has passed away as a direct result of addiction...whether by the addiction itself or their own hand to end their suffering. It is such a horrible thing and it affects SO many people! UGH. Prayers to all those still suffering. I pray that I continue to be that person that is available when THEY reach out for help.

I am thankful for my family! After reflecting yesterday on National Sibling Day (see Terri's blog) I realize that there is no one to has my back like my family! I am truly blessed!!!!

I am thankful for vacations! I have a vacation to Aruba in TWO DAYS!!! I cannot wait to leave! Work is really stressful and depressing with the closing of our site looming so it is so nice to escape for a few days and just not think about it AT ALL!!! I promise to post and share the fun with you all!

I am thankful for modern technology! I love my condo and I have it so techie-ed  out now (is that even a word?!?!?) HA!  I will do a post on Friday about all the cool stuff I have added to make it feel like the Jetsons!!!!!!

I am thankful that Spring has sprung in Pittsburgh!!! It changes everything to see sunshine and daylight!!! YAY!!! Here is the beautiful tree that is outside my bedroom window! I am thankful it is there since it is also a blessing to look out and see this thing in all it's splendor! I love this tree!!!!



 

The pictures do not do it justice - it is so beautiful in the Spring!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday and finds many, many things to be thankful for!!!

What are you thankful for?  Do you count your blessings daily?

27 comments:

  1. Love your attitude, Ann.

    I was diagnosed with cancer 14 years ago. Every day that I am still here is a reason to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!!! I love your attitude also!!! HUGS! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Those are some great things to be thankful for.
    I am thankful for so much.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great way to live everyday Lisa!!! Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Spring is wonderful. Vacations are wonderful. Life is wonderful. Yes, I am thankful each and every day.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally with you Sandee!! Spring and vacation are both amazing!!! YAY! Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Thankful for everyday as yesterday is history and tomorrow is history and today is a gift that is why they call it the present.

    Have a great day. Have fun on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that so much Patrick! I actually say it to myself DAILY! Have a fantastic week!

      Delete
  5. I do count my blessings every day!! That tree outside your window is beautiful!! You could almost have dual citizenship in Aruba as much as you are there!! It is a lovely place and I look forward to your adventures shared here!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I wish Terri! That is all I talked about when we were there - if it were not for my family here; I would move there in a heartbeat! Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Look at those blooms - so beautiful!!!!
    2 days... I know you are itching at the bit to get away & relax!!!
    Addiction is such an issue anymore - there is so much loss. It comes in so many forms too... So glad you are still on the positive side of recovery! KEEP IT UP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rebecca Jo!! I hope you had a fantastic week also! HUGS!

      Delete
  7. I've heard that quote before. It is a good one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by and reading Ann! Have a great day! HUGS

      Delete
  8. I'm thankful for your recovery too :)
    Great views from your Jetsons home! Thanks for sharing, it's still so grey here. Arubaaaaaa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Abby! Aruba was amazing but now I am home - HA! I decided to blog break and enjoy every second! Have a great week! HUGS

      Delete
  9. I am a first time visitor. Aruba...wonderful. Wonderful thanksgiving post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting! I checked out your blog and I am now a follower! I look forward to getting to know you! HUGS

      Delete
  10. I too am a first time visitor. I came via Abby's blog.

    I'm thankful for all my blogging buddies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog! I am so happy to have you here! I am now following you!!! Thanks for reading! Have a great day! HUGS!

      Delete
    2. I know you from Barbara's blog (Keven's mom)!!! Small blog world! HUGS

      Delete
  11. Oh wow, that is such a pretty tree!! Have a great time on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was so nice to get away again! Have a great day! HUGS

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous tree outside your window! Have a wonderful time on vacation! I take time each day to give thanks for the blessings small and large.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I do too Robin! Or, at least try to daily! HA! Have a fantastic week! HUGS

      Delete
  13. So many things to be thankful for. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby!!! I hope you have a fantastic week! HUGS

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...