Monday, April 29, 2019

Sports and more sports

Good morning everyone! This morning came and I did not want to leave my bed! UGH!

I am SO tired but it was worth it every second to hang with my family!!!  It was a very exciting and busy weekend!!

Friday night I went to my home group meeting and then drove directly to Columbus, Ohio! I left Pittsburgh around 8:00 so I did not arrive at my sisters house until after 11PM!

We chatted a few minutes and then went directly to bed! We had to get up at 6AM to head to a volleyball competition in the city for the day. My niece did really well and it was a lot of fun to watch her play - she LOVES volleyball! My parents came in for the weekend also so it was great to visit with everyone!!!

Here are a few action shots of Kyleigh!!


And another!!! It is so fun to watch play something they enjoy so much!

During a break in games for volleyball we all walked over to the North Market in Columbus.It was great! There was such an awesome selection of food and beverage choices! YUM! I got the brisket but ate it too quick to get a picture! HA! Here are Aly and Ryan poising for me - what great sports they are about pictures! HA HA!

At the convention center they had an interactive art display  called As We Are! You can read all about it here! Here is my head represented as if I were a 94 foot tall person! HA!

I had to get a shot of this as we were walking around downtown! The Blue Jackets are in the playoffs for the Stanley Cup in hockey. Since the Pens are out; I am cheering on the Blue Jackets!

 We got home late Friday night; had dinner and then crashed!! We had to wake up Sunday morning at 4AM to drive to Dayton, Ohio for a dance competition. Here are we when we arrived. You can see the changing tent in the background! It is also a great sleeping tent as we found out in the afternoon when we all took naps! HA!

The little dancers in their lyrical costumes!

After Kyleigh did her tap routine we found out that the competition was running really behind so we decided not to stay and wait around for awards. 

We got back to Columbus just in time to see my nephew Brody playing hockey!!! He loves every second of it - in fact, he is obsessed with hockey!  Here he is in a few shots - he loves Crosby and that is how he selected the number 87! HA!

In this picture he has the white helmet.  He scored a point while we watched! YIPPEE!

After hockey, we headed to soccer for my other nephew Ryan. He did great also! Such a sweet kid!!!!

Gooooo Ryan! He is the one in blue clothes and white shoes!

Since so many of us were together; we decided to celebrate my brothers birthday with a little brownie cake and ice cream!!! Happy birthday little brother! I love you tons!




How was your weekend? Anything exciting happen or just a chill weekend?

I hope everyone has FANTASTIC WEEK!!!! Hugs to you all!!!!




51 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right!?!?! It was great! So much fun but I am definitely exhausted!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm tired just reading this post. These are wonderful memories that you will all have forever.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandee! I agree - I just want my nieces and nephews to know how important they are to me!!!! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Volleyball, dance, hockey, soccer... all in one weekend. Good thing for that changing/sleeping tent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - Right Abby?!?!? It was full of kids having fun! Now to sleep the week away - HA! Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness.. I'm exhausted just reading all this!!!!
    That "art" of your head - that's hilarious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am right there with you! I love my family though - it is so important to me that my nieces and nephews know they mean the world to me! Have a great day Rebecca Jo!

      Delete
  5. WOW! What a weekend. :-)
    I am so happy you were able to help celebrate everyone!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly it Carla! The only one that did not have a sport was my niece Madelyn...her gymnastics is during the week :-(
      I may have to use vacation and take a trip for that in the near future! HA! Have a great day! HUGS

      Delete
  6. Wow...Ann you win the Aunt of the Year award. We had soccer games on Saturday. One was in Birmingham and the other in Hartselle. It was a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun to go watch them do something they love so much?!? It is so fun to see their faces when they do well!! Sounds like you had fun this past weekend too!!!!! Have a great week Nana!

      Delete
  7. Your weekend was far better than mine. Columbus is a nice town. It sure looked like ya'll had fun. Now after all that fun I think you need a week to chill :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy you made it home safe and sound Margaret! Enjoy getting back into your routine and enjoy those comfy clothes~~HUGS TO YOU - sending you prayers for comfort as well!!!!

      Delete
  8. What a busy, but family filled weekend you had! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic!!! If I am not constantly going; I tend to get bored! My family keeps me going! HA HA! Have a great day Robin!

      Delete
  9. No wonder you're exhausted. I'm tired just reading about it! But what a lovely way to spend a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was Wendy! My family is so important! Have a fantastic day! HUGS

      Delete
  10. Wow you had a busy weekend. Mine was just chill as always. haha.
    My daughter used to play volleyball in high school. It was always fun to watch her play.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you already did your years of running around!! It is amazing how much time is spent at volleyball competitions...lots of travel and hotels and $$$
      Glad you had a chill weekend!!! Have a fantastic week! HUGS

      Delete
  11. Wow! That was just a weekend??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Tabor?!?!?! It really was!!! HA HA! Have a great day!

      Delete
  12. Great action shots - esp the volleyball

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia!!! I took so many and I loved the ones I posted too! She looks so happy and determined!

      Delete
  13. Wow! What a busy and fun family filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Those are my favorite kind until Monday rolls around! HA HA!

      Delete
  14. WOW you crammed a whole lot of fun into one weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Ann?? They do this stuff every weekend! It is crazy to me! I told my sister I could not do it every week but somehow they all manage! Crazy! Have a fantastic day!! HUGS

      Delete
  15. What a great weekend. That large head is kind of freaking. Ha. But I do love the girls costumes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The head was hilarious since it cuts your hair off!!! LOL! Thank you so much - the girls love them too!!! Have a great week!

      Delete
  16. Holy smokes, you were on the go from the start! What a busy, busy weekend but I'm sure all those kiddo's were so grateful you were able to attend their sporting activities. We had a busy weekend too, but not like yours! Hope you have a restful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much for the wishes for the restful week - so far so good Saimi!!! Have a great day!!!!

      Delete
  17. While our weekend was busy enough, I don't think too many would compare to yours. What a great family time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Andrew! As you can see, my family means everything to me - I travel just about every weekend to spend time with them! Have a great week!!!

      Delete
  18. No wonder you didn't want to get up this morning! That was a busy weekend (understatement!). Glad everyone did well in their chosen endeavors! That changing tent is so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is now Tuesday and I still have not caught up!! I will head straight to bed tonight when I get home! HA! It really was so much fun though!! Have a great day Terri!!! HUGS

      Delete
  19. Very nice weekend. That is very cool that you got to see all of that. This is going to sound strange- I am a Bay Area guy (born, raised, still live) but I am a Vegas Golden Knights fan. The reason- I was in Las Vegas the day they announced the team and everything, so I can say that I was there when they actually first started. Anyway, since the Sharks beat them in the first round, I am rooting for the Sharks since they are repping the Bay. Oh, I just posted on my blog some pics of Vegas but I think you will like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool Patrick!!! My family loves the Knights too! Our favorite goalie plays for you now - Fleury!!!!
      We have hats, scarfs and t-shirts with the Knights! My nephews love them ALMOST as much as the Pens! I can't wait to go see your post! Have a fantastic week!

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. Yes it really was Tamar! Hope you have a fantastic week!!!!

      Delete
  21. Those were really jam-packed days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Kathy! And a lot of fun watching the kids and catching up with siblings and parents! Have a fantastic week!!!!

      Delete
  22. Looks like you all had a great weekend! Love that each of the kids has their own thing. Your youngest niece (in the dance photos) sure is a dead ringer for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - I am not sure she woudl like that compliment but I do! HA!! It really was a fun weekend and each kid excels in a different area - pretty cool to watch when they love what they are doing!!! Have a great week Stacy!! HUGS

      Delete
  23. What a great weekend that looks to have been. Hope you got some rest after so much fun. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely still resting up but getting there!!! Have a fantastic day Mags!!! HUGS

      Delete
  24. Cute kids! Sounds like they kept you really busy! LOL I don't know how the kids keep up with these competitions, when all we do is observe. Too bad they can't bottle up that energy for us ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Becki! I would love just an ounce of their energy!! I have none left anymore - LOL! I love being able to be there! Have a great day!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...