Friday, October 26, 2018

SO VERY Thankful Thursday


I am a day late but not a dollar short; I am actually about $2500 dollars short! My flooring was delivered yesterday!! Yippee!!!! Ha!

I am sooo excited to join in for Thankful Thursday so I am posting even though it is a little late.  Before anything I want to thank Rebecca Jo for hosting this every week! It’s one of my favorite days because of the Thankful posts!!!



I was notified late on Wednesday via the email tracking code I was sent that my flooring would be delivered on Thursday. I requested to work from home the next day and figured I would just have to take my time and bring the planks in one by one. There were 84 boxes that totaled over 2000 pounds. In this picture you can see one pallet on the ground (that is 30 boxes) so those other two pallets you still see on the truck were mine all. Wow!!!! Lots of trips up and down steps taking these into my condo. 

 I talked with my mom in the morning to let her know I knew they were being delivered and her and my dad offered on the spur the moment should drive to PA and help me load them all into my condo. Thank God they did! I did a bout 25 boxes before they got there and then we all helped get the remaining boxes into the condo. It was a crazy lotta trips in and out and up and down those steps! I am so so so grateful for my parents who are very active and who love to do home projects!!! It was so generous of them to drive those two hours just to help me out. Without them I think it would’ve taken me all day!




So, again, let me stress how awesome they they are and how thankful I am for them in my life!!!! They do so much for us kids even though we are all grown!!!

So here is the first room I am tackling...the guest bedroom. This is what it looked like yesterday morning.


This is it after I removed all the furniture from the room!



And this is it this morning! My parents hung around after bringing all the flooring in and we ripped out the carpet and padding.  Then they helped me remove all the tack strips and this morning I vacuumed the junk off the floor. 


So, this weekend I will use pre-mixed concrete to patch and level the concrete and then my parents are coming this weekend to bring me their saws to borrow for the duration of this project.

Again...sooooo very thankful for amazing and loving parents that always help out!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!! Stay grateful!!!! Hugs!


18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - so glad you got some help. I cant even imagine carrying all those up stairs - all the trips. I could have just given up :) haha
    It's going to look so amazing in the end!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rebecca Jo! I agree! I could have done it myself but it would have taken FOREVER! They helped SOOOO much! I am so excited!

      Delete
  2. OMG, you're doing all this yourself?! Parent's help aside, forget the dieting ... between the lifting and the stairs, you're getting a workout like none I can imagine. (Applause from the deep south!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww - thank you!!! That is so sweet! Fingers crossed it looks good when I am done - LOL!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe you are doing this yourself. Wow! Hope it all runs smoothly for you. How nice to have the help of your parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Debby! They were awesome! They were tearing out that carpet in record time too! HA

      Delete
  4. If this is a floating floor this isn't that hard. You will be fine! Just remember to put down that first layer of moisture proof underlayment. Yes, I have done many a flip so I know how to do this. Sick isn't it? If I lived nearby I'd come help if you buy lunch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret! My pergo has that layer attached to each board so they recommend nothing installing it with nothing under it if you are working on concrete. So it is even easier! The corners and ends are going to be the tough parts - LOL! I would definitely buy lunch - come on by!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. This is exactly what causes me to delay new carpet upstairs. I just don't think I can deal with all the effort it will take. You are pretty amazing to take on this project. Look forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nonnie! It has not been that bad except I have horrible OCD so everything shoved into other rooms is the only part that is killing me right now....LOL! I will definitely post along the way!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh!! What a job that was! Bless your parents!! I'm excited to see your first room done but can't imagine tackling a project like that on my own. Wow!! You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! You are so sweet! I am excited to tackle it and I actually think it will be easier than having a bunch of guys moving all my stuff from one side of the condo the other in one day. At some point; a cat will get squiched - LOL!

      Delete
  7. You have awesome parents like mine! They are rare and I love them! Did you wear a fit bit yesterday? I bet you did A LOT of steps and floors lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Julie! I did wear my Apple Watch and it was a great number! LOL! Yes, parents like ours are few and far between! My mother is volunteering to come help tear out more carpet this weekend!

      Delete
  8. Wow, what a task and I'm so thankful your parents came to help you out. And, I'm so impressed that you are doing this yourself. Do keep us posted as you go along. And, I can tell you for certain that you are saving yourself a TON of money by doing it yourself. I almost had a stroke when I found out how much the labor was to lay our wood floors when we built our house 3 years ago. Hope its been a productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lea! Yes, I figure I am saving at LEAST $1000 (maybe more)! The cost is definitely in the labor! HA! Have a great night!

      Delete
  9. Wow, 2000 pounds! Great parents!!
    Your place is going to look fantastic when you're done. Looking forward to following you progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!?! My parents are my rock!! I will keep you posted! Hugs!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...