Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Wednesday Medley




Today I am joining Terri for Wednesday Medley. If you want to participate...simply copy the questions and then go to Terri's blog and leave a comment! Simple, right???


On this day in 1908 Bill Murray hit the charts with his "Take Me Out to the Ballgame."  Did you watch the MLB playoffs, and are you watching the World Series?
Seriously?!?! I had no idea it was World Series time. I live in Pittsburgh and I love my dear Bucco's but once they are out, I am too! I just know that this was not a good year for us (nor were the last few) so I am focused more on Football and Hockey!  LOL! I can't even tell you how long it has been since I sat through a whole game. 

 On this day in 1962, "The Manchurian Candidate", directed by John Frankenheimer, starring Frank Sinatra and Laurence Harvey, was released.  What is your favorite Frank Sinatra song?
I honestly don't even know that I know the name of a Sinatra song but I am sure I would know it if I heard it.



On this day in 1968 Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithful were busted for pot and released on £50,000 bail.  Has your state approved the sale of medical marijuana?  In a  nutshell, what are your thoughts on the subject?
I think we have here in PA.  I do wish it were legalized nationwide for those suffering. But, I also have a lot of friends that are ruining their lives by smoking it all day, everyday...that it is pity! So, please do not tell me it is not addictive because I know quite a few people that have no motivation to do ANYTHING or be ANYTHING due to their chronic pot smoking.

 On this day in 1979, the Guinness Book of Records presented Paul McCartney with a rhodium disc as the all-time best-selling singer/songwriter.  What is your favorite song by Paul McCartney?

Same as above...I honestly don't even know that I know the name of a McCartney song but I am sure I would know it if I heard it. 


On this day in 2017, Albert Einstein's "Theory of Happiness", written on a note as a tip for a bellboy in 1922, sold for $1.6 million.  His Theory of Happiness is "A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness."  Is Albert Einstein right?

That is absolutely correct; add gratitude into the mix everyday and you are set for life!


 Tell us something about your week so far ….



I am happy to report that my eating is finally under control again and I am tracking every bite!! Also, I am either getting exercise or physical therapy everyday so that is back on track! I am just simply feeling like I am moving in the right direction again....finally!
Have a great week everyone!




22 comments:

  1. I so agree...add gratitude to the mix and you've got it all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Cathy! Have a great rest of your week!!!

      Delete
  2. I do agree with you about the legalized pot...unfortunately it's hard to tell those who need it medically from those who don't. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agree and I would hate for someone that truly needs it to not have access...such a fine line except in the end it does not really matter. Make it available to all since those that want it but don't need it will always find a way anyway! :-)

      Delete
  3. Love that gratitude quote, so, so true! Good for you and your eating. It's a constant battle for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most definitely is Lea....I am hoping to lose this weight for the last time but who am I kidding...LOL!! Have a great rest of your week!

      Delete
  4. I watched some of the first game of the World Series last night even though I don't care about either of the teams in it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kudos to you! I don't know that I could even watch an inning of that. My team has been involved and I have to be physically at the ball park. I'm not one of those people they can watch a baseball game on the television… It's way too boring for me. LOL!

      Delete
  5. GOOD for you on that eating. I am trying, not trying, and need to get the eating under control. I love the gratitude graphic because it is true. I agree with you on the pot issue. I'm afraid we will have a bunch of potheads wasting their lives away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Nonny! I guess we all struggle with the food thing at some point… Gratitude is everything! I don't even worry about people wasting their lives away so much as people driving after they are all zoned out. Now we need to have a DUI test for pot… I just don't want to encounter any of them on the road.

      Delete
  6. Man, I envy your discipline! Were I to start tracking my intake, I'd probably have a rude awakening. Such a conundrum about the 'pot' … you raise a good point. It definitely needs monitored, but where are you gonna find someone willing ….and able.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't really have the discipline and that's been the problem lately! LOL! I start off with good intentions but by mid week I only logged the healthy stuff I eat… Ha! That defeats the purpose! Hopefully this week I will stay on track all week! Hugs - have a great night!

      Delete
  7. YES!!! There is so much to be said for gratitude! I love it! Loved your answers too. Happy Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great answers on your blog as well! I just went over and I am now a follower! I'm going to head out tomorrow and check out those leggings at Walmart. Thanks for the recommendations and have a great night!

      Delete
  8. Attitude is everything! Agreed! Glad you are back on track with your goals! Thanks so much for joining in on the Medley! I will continue to work on the linky thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The linked are not that user-friendly… I used them a few times and they're really hard to figure out - at least they were for me. Definitely not user friendly! It seems to be working without one so far anyway so no need to bother wasting your time and adding more work to your plate....thanks for hosting!!

      Delete
  9. Yeah for being on track! My son started using Lose it today on his own, I guess I should cook some healthy meals for him.

    I don't think Bill Murray was singing in 1908 haha

    Love the Einstein quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I copied the question wrong...lol! It's Billy I think....ha ha ha! I am using Fitness Pal but same thing I am sure... why does it have to be soooo easy to eat!?!? I am so sick of having to lose this same weight over and over again! Have a great day! Hugs!

      Delete
  10. Oh, our Pittsburgh sports. You've gotta love that the Steelers are in 1st place because they didn't play last week and everyone else in the AFC north lost!
    I totally agree on the pot smoking. I want those who really need it for medicinal reasons to be able to use it, but I fear there is a lot of room in the system for abuse.
    Gratitude is key!
    Congrats on being back on track. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Stacy! Yes! First place...so awesome...now we have to play like we deserve it!! Ha!! Have a great week..hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quote by Albert Einstein. So true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! Thanks for stopping by Kaz! Have a great day!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...