Friday, January 13, 2012

Back To Reality

Well. here it is ....

My last Day at the conference...time to return to Pittsburgh and reality...I think it is about 15 degrees at home right now...

This is my last walk down this hallway in the Tempe Mission Palms (until February)...




My last time at these elevators on the third floor...


My last predawn walk to breakfast through the courtyard...


Last time to see this amazing fireplace light in the courtyard before breakfast...


I figured I should document how amazing this whole buffet thing was....our conference and classes were held in the conmference portion of the Mission Palms hotel and it was all amazing...if y9u have a chance to use this service you should...we had not one complaint from the room to the food it was all amazing!!!!!


This the buffet each morning (hot selections...usually pancakes, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, etc.)


And this is the bagel/croussant/muffin/d0onut station with oatmeal, etc.


Then there was the fruit station...I swear I stayed focused on this all week....I did really well with my eatiung even though there was soooooooo much not so good for you stuff...




And this is where you could get a made ot order omlet...I got this everyday also...tried to stay focused on egg white omlet with veggies....soooooo yummy!!!!



It is hard to tell from this picture but there is a man up in this tree...the palm trees need trimmed at the top at least once a year and the guys just shimmy straight up and use a machette to cut of the dead branches....amazing to watch them!!!




Maybe you can see him better in this one....




Here is everything they cut off...it is all roped off as he cuts them and they all just drop to the ground to be collected...





Another of him in the tree...




A view of the crew...


Then we had class wrapup...this is my groups data from the week....the final section of points to the right after the dotted line are our improvements we made to the process....pretty great if I must say so myself....HA!!!!!!!!!!



Then lunch buffet ....here are really pretty appetizers...I did not taste one but aren't they pretty???!??!



And dessert after lunch was this amazing ice cream wth cherries jubilee...I passed as I thought the brandy may not be a good idea - HA!!!!!!!!!! But I can tell you that vanilla icecream with raspeberries was amazing!!!!!!!!



A little out of order is this beef leg....soooooooooo yummy for lunch!!!!!





And here is the view that I am seeing right now as I wait for two hours for my flight at the Phoenix airport...fun fun fun!!!!!!!!



While it was an amazing week with lots of learning and fun....I am ready to get home and see my babies.....:-)



See you soon fur babies!!!!!!!!!










2 comments:

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...